SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How the False makes the True look bad!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

How the False makes the True look bad!

When we have so many deceptions,
The Emergant Church
Lakeland Revival (Toronto Blessing 2.0)
Hope 08
WoF (Word of Faith)
Others

When you are trying with all your heart to preach a true gospel, I am finding it does so much damage to what is allready true.
It is so heartbreaking it seems like the flood of deception is increasing at a phonemonemial rate and I feel like I am almost drowning in it.
How do you tell a new christian to escape all these things.

If you have read the last battle there is a scene in it where the dwarfs reject the fake lion then end up rejecting the true lion.

In this dark world Lord save us from our own deception!

2008/6/3 12:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: How the False makes the True look bad!

On this topic, God spoke this verse to me this morning:

"O God, the heathen are come into thine inheritance: [b]thy holy temple have they defiled[/b]; they have laid Jerusalem on heaps."
-Psalm 79:1

2008/6/3 12:24Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

I did enjoy reading C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. The 7th book, The Last Battle, was fantastic. Thanks for the remembrance.

This is true. Let us not make the mistake of rejecting God's Truth in Jesus Christ because the anti-christ has abused God's Word for his own glory. It is very likely, that while we stay true to sound doctrine, we will be swept aside by mainstream churches into the same heap as cults; unless we flee from one extreme doctrine to another extreme.

I am reminded, over and over, of late, of the Scriptures where it reads "so that you may know ..." or "so that the world may know ..." I am amazed by the power of love that stoops. Amazed.

2008/6/3 13:14Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

another example is if a lot of fake currency is pumped into a currency it devalues that currency.

Quote:
This is true. Let us not make the mistake of rejecting God's Truth in Jesus Christ because the anti-christ has abused God's Word for his own glory. It is very likely, that while we stay true to sound doctrine, we will be swept aside by mainstream churches into the same heap as cults; unless we flee from one extreme doctrine to another extreme.

Are we dealing with the mainstream church.
Is the devil preparing his bride!

2008/6/3 13:52Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Hey, deltadom, what specifically have you encountered preaching the true gospel. There seems to be a haze, a deep sleepiness caused by this deception and false gospel. So that even in the gospels power through delivery and content there are few that realistically respond.

I preach at a homeless shelter and see very little fruit and I earnestly desire to preach the truth in repentance and turning away from sin and turning to the Living Savior.

Its like they don't want a Savior, they don't need Him.

2008/6/3 13:56Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

To me what has been happening is that a genuine thing is happening and then something that is not so genuine ruins everything.
say you have a long allnight prayer meeting and a local allnight prayer meeting ruins things.

2008/6/7 9:13Profile
suzy

Devon, England

Hope 08

I hope you are not saying that Hope 08 is the same as 'The Emergent Church' or the fiascos at 'Toronto' and 'Lakeland'.

Hope 08 is a genuine Christian Churches attempt at evangelisation in England, and certain where I live in the West Country, it seems to be going well. The people I know who are in charge of it here are strong, firm, traditional Christians with an excellent testimony and NOT aligned in anyway to the Emergent Church, Toronto or Lakeland. There was lots of prayer last year and continues this year for Hope 08. I am afraid I cannot tell you too much more; my commitments at home prevent me from participating; but please DO NOT put Hope 08 in the same category as the others.

Suzy

2008/6/7 11:19Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

It has always amazed me how perfectly the scriptures characterize out current false teachers in II Peter 2:1-3. "Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up."

2008/6/7 16:31Profile

Re:

Quote:

Ruach34 wrote:
Hey, deltadom, what specifically have you encountered preaching the true gospel. There seems to be a haze, a deep sleepiness caused by this deception and false gospel. So that even in the gospels power through delivery and content there are few that realistically respond.

I preach at a homeless shelter and see very little fruit and I earnestly desire to preach the truth in repentance and turning away from sin and turning to the Living Savior.

Its like they don't want a Savior, they don't need Him.

I know what you mean. My husband and I help out at a homeless shelter once a month and they seem very hardened towards the gospel. The elderly are the same way when we try to witness to them at the flee market. I think it has something to do with the fact they have heard the gosple so many times that they have become callose.

We haven't been called to preach yet though but were open.

2008/6/7 16:42
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

If ever a true revival will happen will people be turned of because of the false!
I have seen so much false things that I am desperate for what is true!

2008/6/7 21:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy