SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is behind the WALL?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What is behind the WALL?

[b]What is behind the wall?[/b]

What do professed Christians think about in the darkness of their imaginations? What do they watch on televison (hell-I-vision) and Holywood (unholy-wood) movies? What do they listen to when no one is around? [b]Could their intercourse with the world affect their ability to overcome sin? Could it hinder their relationship with Jesus Christ?[/b]

James 4:4, Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Ezekiel 8:8-10, 12 Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door. And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here. So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed [or displayed?] upon the wall [or tv?] round about. Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what THE ANCIENTS [supposed spiritual leaders] of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, the LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth.

The following reads like a synopsis of hellivision and Hollywood [b]unholy-wood[/b]:
Romans 1:28-32 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Verse 32 is the clencher for the professed Christian that enjoys watching such things--
Who KNOWING the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, BUT HAVE PLEASURE IN THEM THAT DO THEM.

[b]Watching/reading/listening to these things is having pleasure in them that do them. The bottom line is that when we participate as willing observers we are having pleasure in sinners who are sinning. What abomination.[/b] Galatians testifies against the evil works that professed Christians ENJOY on hell-i-vision--
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

So does I Corinthians--
1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 6:11 And such WERE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

[b]When you enjoy these things, you are in the flesh. When you get mad at those who tell you this truth, it shows you are in the flesh. And, "if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."[/b] Romans 8:13

[b]No discernment[/b]...Most Christians are desensitzed to this fact because of the abundance of garbage they are putting into their own brains on a daily basis--they are half crazy their themselves. [b]There is a reason the wicked report/promote the MOST HORRIFYING and LUSTY activities on hellivision--to DESENSITIZE YOU.[/b] Watching what they call the news will keep you nervous day in and day out. People are PAST FEELING and have no SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT...Jesus says in Matthew chapter 7 that in that last and great day, MANY will be saying "Lord, Lord" and He is going to tell them I never knew you, depart from me ye workers of iniquity.

[b]Willing theft victims... The Devil is a thief. When you whore around on the couch with him watching hellivision, take some spiritual inventory because something is missing in your spiritual life.[/b] When you get up from the couch after watching all the sin you can muster, something is missing. You're not the same person you were when you sat down to watch it--even if you don't feel any different. A thief takes your stuff by stealth. You don't realize it is missing until later on--and even then you don't know who stole it. Do you walk in the power of the Holy Ghost? Do you walk with King Jesus in holiness and righteousness? Most who profess Christ do NOT and this is a sad story because holiness is a requisite quality of any true Christian. Hebrews says without it, no man shall see the Lord. Many ignorant professed Christians blame King Jesus for not giving them power and strength when in reality they willingly give their strength to Satan, the thief. He'll clean your clock everytime you whore with him. Is your house a mess? Cut out the hellivision and you'll have time to get the dishes out of the sink. Time to cook some fresh vegetables instead of opening up a can. Do your kids sit glued to the hellivision for hours every day watching nonsense and wickedness? If so, I doubt they can they quote the ten commandments much less whole passages of scripture. We let our kids spend so much time with the world--we can't propel them any higher than we are. I will be very bold--
No Christian should be sittin' around watching hellivision and neither should he or she go to the movie theatre. Those are the devil's domains. Those are his synagogues/churches where his doctrine is preached, exalted, and injected into hypnotized eyes, ears, and hearts. Those are "religious" experiences for the flesh. Experiences for the carnal man and we know that the carnal mind is enmity with God. There's nothing for us in the kingdom of Satan--we are at war with his kingdom, how can we sit down smoking cigarettes in the enemy's camp?
2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

[b]JESUS DIED FOR THOSE UNGODLY DEEDS THAT THEY COMMIT. Saved people are SEVERED from this godless, reprobate generation. If you are not severed, please get nervous. The fear of the Lord will make you depart from evil. Then after you depart, you will see this mess like the vomit, dung and mire that it is.[/b]

Leviticus 20:26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.
Make a covenant with your eyes to eschew evil and to LOOK TO JESUS AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ALONE!

[b]Job 31:1 I made a covenant with mine eyes not to look with lust upon the maid.
Psalms 25:15 Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
26:3 For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.
101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. [I'm not going to sit there taking pleasure in evil doers and their deeds.]
119:18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. [I will take pleasure in the law of the LORD.]
119:37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. [Only the LORD can help me.] [/b]

[b]Most professed Christians have no fear of God (Matt 7:21-23) which the Bible says is a sign of an unregenerate mind (Romans 3:18)[/b]. We need to learn the fear of the Lord. It is time to get serious about who we truly serve. In our home, we have many wonderful, edifying Christian videos including the entire New Testament read by Alexander Scourby with background scenes. About 22 hours of video. Purchased from Alexander Scourby Bible Products. Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. Look for righteousness and you will find it. Seek righteousness and she will be found of thee.
Help us, Lord. Forgive us, Lord, for we are a rebellious and stiffnecked people prone to sin. Please search us and try us. Please make us to have Thy mind. Please give us great desire to crucify ourselves to this world and its wicked lusts. Revive us, O Lord in the midst of the years. In wrath, remember mercy. In Jesus' name, Amen.

For those with an ear to hear, here is a list of things you can do when you cut out hell-i-vision. This is an excerpt of an e-mail entitled, "Are you violent?" that was sent out to our mailing list almost a year ago--
"What will I do if I give up hellivision?"
**For one, you can read the Bible while you are alert instead of waiting until you are dead on your feet and ready to go to sleep.
**You can turn on your Christian music or preaching and do the chores that are typically put off until Saturday.
**You can attend Sunday night service and Wednesday night prayer meeting instead of sitting at home.
**You can watch edifying Christian videos and increase your learning and understanding and fear of God.
**You can become a "modern day circuit rider"--there are nursing homes and hospitals full of people that want to hear the gospel and sing some songs. Choose one or several that you can visit weekly. Take your King James Bible, some hymnals and some tracts/books. Men can pray and preach, wives and children can be members of the service.
**You can create a website. Lots to be done here in cyberspace--a site for Christian History, Sunday School materials, Discipleship Studies, On-line out-of-print books (particularly that expose Romanism--people have forgotten what the Whore has done!)
**Start a Bible study in your home
**Show hospitality to the saints with the goal of exalting Christ and His doctrine
**Spend time with your children--eat outdoors, play, talk, go for a walk, do homework.
**Commune with your spouse.
**Turn on your Christian music and cook dinner instead of microwaving something in a box.
**Have a nightly Family Altar--read the scriptures together. Take a book and read at least a chapter per night. Pray, sing hymns together.
**Ask the pastor if there is something he needs you to do.
**Call and encourage the weak.
**Read good books--particularly the olde things. The olde divines were deep thinkers. Drink from their wells.
**Go door knocking or street preaching especially now that the weather is good.
**Produce a local access tv show--Christian of course. You do not pay for airtime and the studio will probably will let you use their equipment for free if you take a few low-cost classes. Be the one influencing your community not vice-versa.
**Sit on the deck or balcony with a glass of tea or lemonade and appreciate God's creation.
**Go to second hand bookstores, libraries, thrift stores that sell used books and get some inexpensive, profitable volumes. I've found some nice KJBs in these places.
**Do some gardening. The first man & woman were gardeners. Many spiritual lessons can take place in the garden.

Sincerely,

Walter

2008/5/29 5:13
KennLove

Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: What is behind the WALL?

Blessings, Walter!

LOVE the post! My wife wants to go to the movies, I don't, and I am one who loves the movies, being a buff. I get to feeling like I need a shower after watching about 90 minutes of television, I used to watch it all the time. I adore going on long walks, my Bible with me, and enjoying God's creation, singing out loud in my mind and just beyond my lips the praises of Almighty God, even making up a tune to go with some verse or line I've come across recently that has germinated inside me (i.e.: "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit"). There is such an abundant sweetness to Life in the Lord, Lived for the Lord, and, yet, so many sour grapes around to crush with bitterness the sweetness. Walking in the Spirit is absolutely the SIMPLEST lifestyle imaginable, and God forbid the preaching of it being SOOOO hard to do. Shame, shame.
Kenn

1Thessalonians 5:23

"If alcoholism is a disease, it's the only one we spend millions on every year trying to SPREAD."---Vance Havner

2008/6/2 19:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy