SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Provision and Direction

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HindsFeet

Provision and Direction

Please pray that the Lord will lead, guide, and provide for me and my young daughter. I am a teacher and was 'given notice' due to low enrollment for next year. I now must find a job and likely a new home. I am in So. California--where teaching jobs have become scarce.
I pray that the Lord will place us where He wants us, that He will open doors of opportunity to share His Love and a place of fellowship with other believers.
I anxiously look forward to what the Lord has in store for us, and will share as He opens doors.

Thank you so much for your prayers..
shari

2008/5/21 0:02Profile
HeartSong

Re: Provision and Direction

He is so very faithful to provide if we but trust Him - exceedingly, abundantly.

I will be praying for you and your daughter.

2008/5/21 0:40Profile
HindsFeet

Re:

Thank you for praying....I know God is able but I admit I still struggle with anxiousness and worry about the future.

2008/5/21 23:32Profile
HeartSong

Re:

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Quote:
I know God is able but I admit I still struggle with anxiousness and worry about the future.

One of the wonderful things about our Saviour is that in addition to our eternal salvation, He is also able and willing to save us from anxiousness and worry. But He will only do it to the degree that we trust in Him - and He will only do it in the areas that we give Him complete control. If you cling to your anxiousness and worry, it is as if you are holding them in a tightly closed fist - and when we do that, He will neither remove the problem, nor pour forth the solution - for we are telling Him that we do not trust Him - that we want control of the problem. When your daughter hurts herself, you can not clean the wound, or put on the healing ointment, until she releases the area of injury unto yourself.

Our Lord knows the future. He knows exactly what you need - much more than you could ever hope to know or even begin to dream. His path is perfect and all His ways are goodness and mercy . . .

2008/5/22 1:02Profile
HindsFeet

Re:

Heartsong wrote:
"Our Lord knows the future. He knows exactly what you need--much more than you could ever hope to know or even begin to dream. His path is perfect and all His ways are goodness and mercy...."

Thank you for the reminder of His grace. Keeping this is the front of my thoughts and prayers--it brings God's peace and rest in Him!

2008/5/22 21:39Profile
HindsFeet

Re:

Update on our situation;

I have been offered a job at a local Methodist camp. It comes with housing and utilities and a small monthly pay. On the outside it seems a great opportunity--a soft landing as it were, for me and my daughter. No moving back to the city. It means leaving teaching and working more as a marketing secretary for the camp.

I am not fully believing this is the answer and I am not sure why. The alternative to this is to move down to the city and hope to find a job and a house--with nothing firm (not even a little scrap of a cloud) on the horizon.

I dont want to settle for this job because it is an easy answer--I want to know this is God's direction. I am having trouble knowing--and hearing on this one...I covet your continued prayer...

Blessings,

Yet, I have my comcerns--

2008/6/4 9:34Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Praise the Lord that He is opening doors!

This may be a time of great testing - of your faith in Him - of your obedience to His will - of learning to discern your will from His. I have found that when I start going back and forth on something, that it is my self battling for the throne. His ways are easy, His yoke is light. If you are unsure, pray and ask Him to close the door against anything that is not His will - and then be open to His answer.

I will continue to hold you in my prayers.

2008/6/4 13:54Profile
KennLove

Indianapolis, Indiana

Re: Provision and Direction

Blessings, dear sister,
I can only allow that this will be helpful as, as I was reading it, your post that I had read yesterday came to my mind, and in conjunction with my spirit, I am here now to share it with you.

"What are you dreading? You are not a coward about it, you are going to face it, but there is a feeling of dread. When there is nothing and no one to help you, say-"But the Lord is my Helper, this second, in my present outlook." Are you learning to say things after listening to God, or are you saying things and trying to make God's word fit in? Get hold of the Father's say-so, and then say with good courage-"I will not fear." It does not matter what evil or wrong may be in the way, He has said-"I will never leave thee."-----Oswald Chambers

2008/6/5 12:27Profile
HindsFeet

Re:

Final update on this request--

How blessed to be part of the Body of Christ. Thank you all who prayed and I pray you will have a share of the blessing--as our faith is strengthened when we see God answer prayer.

Last night unexpectedly the director of the camp called to offer me the position formally. He offered to pay me more per hour than the initial offer,and best of all he offered to fence in the yard behind the house so we can keep our dogs (who are part of the family and such a source of joy to us). Initially we were told we could not keep the dogs. But, somehow, God changed his heart. (I dont believe this man is a believer).

I accepted the job and believe that God has fully opened the doors. Yes, I was struggling and dreading that it would not be the correct thing to do--also I was anxious about not teaching next year--maybe it was pride. But, when the director called, I knew God had opened the door--and that there would be a great opportunity for me to both serve the Lord, and to rest in Him....plus stability to stay in the same community.

Thanks again and to God be the Glory. Your prayers were answered and I will begin next week-so all of our needs are met!

God is good and I am thankful now that He allowed me to go through this process. Thanks again for your support.

2008/6/5 17:18Profile
HeartSong

Re:

What a wonderful God we have - full of grace and mercy.
Oh praise His holy name!

2008/6/5 17:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy