SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : It’s George Bush’s fault.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

It’s George Bush’s fault.

How many times have we heard people call for an independent investigation? How many investigations have we observed on appointments of trying to figure just who was at blame when we have a national disaster such as hurricane Katrina hits or other national issues? How many have we heard call for prayer in New Orleans in repentance for the sins of the people?

As I watched the news as Katrina move in to New Orleans via weather satellite, the news media interviewed a man standing on Bourbon Street with a beer in his hand. He said something along the line of “no sweat man, what’s everyone so worried about I have rode out many hurricanes here. I thought yea it looks all clear but from what I see on radar, the worse is going to be after the front edge of the hurricane passing by the city. As we know it was the worse part.

The blame game started. They should have fixed the levy. Da da da da. Well the levy had been there how long? The rescue effort was terrible, no doubt. I don’t know of any national disaster we were pleased with the effort and results.

Now we hear all the rhetoric about we don’t really have any terrorist and we need to just all get along. I can assure you the next big natural disaster or an event such 9/11, we will hear the same rhetoric and only a few will realize that God trying to get the attention of the people and everything it is not George Bush’s fault.

This is not an article either promoting George Bush or condemning HIM. Just saying many times in the midst of troubles, God is trying to gain the attention of many. It is not the government that we put our trust in, but Jesus. Having said that when we have put our trust in him, we should, and speaking for myself, it gave me a desire to see Jesus lifted high in everything, even government.
Jer 33:1-3
33:1 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying,

2 Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name;

3[b] Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.[/b]
KJV

2008/5/20 15:06

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy