SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Maligning the chracter of GOD

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Logic

Maligning the chracter of GOD

If God were to create some men and not give atonment for them, He would then portray HIS own character as trash, for HE created man in HIS image.
If HE were to make people and not send His son for all of mankind, [b]not just the elect[/b], He is virtualy saying, "MY character is something worth throwing away as rubbish.

2008/5/20 10:24Profile

Re: Maligning the chracter of GOD

Gen 1:27-28
27[i] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.[/i]
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it:[i] and have dominion[/i] over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
KJV

God set up the chain of command. He is the ultimate authority. The Father gave Jesus, His SON authority. Jesus gives us authority in His name. When we deliver His message, it is not our message, we are only giving the Kings message. We are only submitting to the ultimate authority.
Luke 20:5-8

5 And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then believed ye him not?
6 But and if we say, Of men; all the people will stone us: for they be persuaded that John was a prophet.
7 And they answered, that they could not tell whence it was.
8 And Jesus said unto them,[i] Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.[/i]
KJV
If men are to be in His Kingdom and remain in His Kingdom they must submit to His authority and and be under His authority.

He gave us a manual to explain His authority and His purpose.
2 Cor 10:8
8[i] For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority,[/i] which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:
KJV

He gave the Apostles the authority to write the Words about His authority.

When we respect His authority we honor the King.
Col 1:18-20
18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead,[i] so that in everything he might have the supremacy.[/i] 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

We need to very careful not to allow anyone to break the chain of command in His authority that is opposed to the King commands and in submission to Him having supremacy in everything. Therefore when we do that, we are in his image and we honor the King.

Acts 5:29
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
KJV

We are to submit to all authority, if it is in God's chain of command, if not, then we are not bound to obey their commands, but only HIS.

He commmisioned the Apostles:
Mark 16:15-18
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18.They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
KJV

He also commissions us today, although it is not the same job classification, but the same purpose.
John 17:17-23
18[i] As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.[/i] 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.
20[i] "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,[/i] 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

2008/5/20 11:32

Re:

I side with Logic...

(and all the hyper-Calvinists raised their voices and cried "Krispy is picking on us again!")

lol... :-P

Krispy

2008/5/20 12:35

Re: IMAGE/LIKENESS

Gen. 5:1-3 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth.

The text points out Seth was in Adam's image and likeness; we all are. We are all sons and daughters of Adam, born fallen even as Adam was fallen. It would be redundant to say it, but every other person has been born in Adam's image and likeness except Jesus! (Davd G.)

Vs. 3 And begat a son in his own likeness, after his image:
Words nearly the same with those Genesis 1:26: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. What this image and likeness of God were, we have already seen, and we may rest assured that the same image and likeness are not meant here. The body of Adam was created provisionally immortal, i.e. while he continued obedient he could not die; but his obedience was voluntary, and his state a probationary one. The soul of Adam was created in the moral image of God, in knowledge, righteousness, and true holiness. He had now sinned, and consequently had lost his moral resemblance to his Maker; he had also become mortal through his breach of the law. His image and likeness were therefore widely different at this time from what they were before; and his begetting children in this image and likeness plainly implies that they were imperfect like himself, mortal like himself, sinful and corrupt like himself. For it is impossible that he, being impure, fallen from the Divine image, could beget a pure and holy offspring, unless we could suppose it possible that a bitter fountain could send forth sweet waters, or that a cause could produce effects totally dissimilar from itself. What is said here of Seth might have been said of all the other children of Adam, as they were all begotten after his fall; but the sacred writer has thought proper to mark it only in this instance. (ACC)

The birth of his son Seth, Genesis 5:3. He was born in the hundred and thirtieth year of Adam's life; and probably the murder of Abel was not long before. Many other sons and daughters were born to Adam, besides Cain and Abel, before this; but no notice is taken of them, because an honourable mention must be made of his name only in whose loins Christ and the church were. But that which is most observable here concerning Seth is that Adam begat him in his own likeness, after his image. Adam was made in the image of God; but, when he was fallen and corrupt, he begat a son in his own image, sinful and defiled, frail, mortal, and miserable, like himself; not only a man like himself, consisting of body and soul, but a sinner like himself, guilty and obnoxious, degenerate and corrupt. Even the man after God's own heart owns himself conceived and born in sin, Psalms 51:5. This was Adam's own likeness, the reverse of that divine likeness in which Adam was made; but, having lost it himself, he could not convey it to his seed. Note, Grace does not run in the blood, but corruption does. A sinner begets a sinner, but a saint does not beget a saint.
(Matthew Henry)

2008/5/20 13:11

Re:

I'm sorry Krispy if my post sounded Calvinist. It was not meant to be.
Love ya brother.

2008/5/20 13:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy