SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : your best life now; your worst eternity forever. Joel Olsteen,the flower of TBN theology.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

your best life now; your worst eternity forever. Joel Olsteen,the flower of TBN theology.

There has been a lot said lately about the heresies, with the big splash in Florida and all, but has anyone else felt that lately, the enemy has been "upping the ante?"

It seems that the subtlety of the seductions have been replaced with an open, frontal, in your face, GLADIATOR type assault against the Christ and His Remnant. This appears to be more like a [b]FLOOD[/b] than an overflow. ISAIAH 61 speaks of a coming GROSS darkness that would sweep the Earth.

My brothers and sisters, are we watching it unfold before our very eyes?

Each day it seems, another tsunami of filth, masking itself in GOD words,[ see Satan's words to Jesus in the desert before His ministry] rolls across the landscape. Everything that CAN be shaken WILL be shaken.

In the Early days of TBN, there was some life, believe it or not. In the early '80s, the Faith Word folks won out, commandeering the network into complete submission to their doctrines that the believer was [b]entitled[/b] to health, happiness, and , of course [b]prosperity[/b] as a right.

All of these are part of the blessings of the Lord of course, but without the discipline of the Lord, and the Cross that will slay or evil natures, they will, and have became the epitome of pride itself; Satan in us[,deceived Adam] gone wild with lust, for these blessings.

See the sins of Sodom in Isaiah. Fullness and blessing without mercy.

So Joel just wrote a best seller, of course, "Your Best Life Now". I watched him on this Sunday, at a friends as we surfed his TV. He described a recent trip to Italy.

In this trip, he walked down a street in an unnamed Italian city with his wife, and decided to enter a Catholic church while MASS was being celebrated. [ That's where Jesus is recrucified and his real blood, and real body is magically transformed by the priests to be consumed by the church.]

In this experience, In Italian of course, he experienced the glorious presence of God emanating from this unholy ritual. "It was so wonderful", and he related it to the millions watching, and the huge live crowd in glowing terms. His father, John, now deceased, from whom he inherited the church, would have shot him, I think.

Endorsing Roman Catholicism is no problem you see, as long as we are healthy, happy, and prosperous. It's all about your best life now.

Isn't that what Jesus died for?

2008/5/19 9:50
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: your best life now; your worst eternity forever. Joel Olsteen,the flower of TBN t

This world is the sinners Heaven...

This world is the saints Hell...

Anyone who is a friend of the world is an enemy of God!

You are right, Bro Tom. The wolves are dressed as sheep and Jesus says, " I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves." Lk 10:3 (NASB)

Acts 20:29 "...savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock."

And, isn't it interesting that in all the rejoicing on 'signs' and 'wonders' and the like that is occuring in many places that they are rejecting the words of our Lord Jesus Christ in Lk 10:20 "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."

Our risen Saviour is saying not to rejoice in those things which are seen and outward manifestations but rather rejoice in that which is unseen that which has no outward manifestation.

2008/5/19 10:10Profile

Re: your best life now; your worst eternity forever. Joel Olsteen,the flower of TBN t

Quote:

Brothertom wrote:

Endorsing Roman Catholicism is no problem you see, as long as we are healthy, happy, and prosperous. It's all about your best life now.

Isn't that what Jesus died for?

On nation wide TV on the Larry King show Olsten said that he agreed Jesus was not the only way. He evidently went to seminary with Obama's Pastor.
Olsten uses very little scripture when preaching.
He preaches everything on earth is coming up roses.
Olsten is about as far off base in the doctrine he teaches, as the people who are going to attempt to earn their salvation, before the rapture, in great tribulation before the 7th trumpet even sounds.
As Christian we do have trials and tribulations, but not the great..
Exactly who is the great triblation for?
Rev 3:10-13
10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Rev 18:10-13

"'Woe! Woe, O great city,
O Babylon, city of power!
In one hour your doom has come!'

11 "The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more- 12 cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13 cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and bodies and souls of men.

If we are in Christ, we are not in Babylon!!!

2008/5/19 10:15

Re:

I saw this book in a christian bookstore recently called:

[size=x-small]"Your All That"[/size]

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

2008/5/19 10:24

Re:

Luke 22:35-46

35 Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?"

"Nothing," they answered.

36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

38 The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords."

"That is enough," he replied.

39 Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 40 On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." 41 He withdrew about a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." 43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

45 When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow. 46 "Why are you sleeping?" he asked them. "Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation."

2008/5/19 10:29

Re: Psalm 18: your all that!

When the Bride dominates the Bridegroom, you have something akin to Jezebel. She usurped absolute authority over the kingdom.

Sound familiar?..."We are the head, and not the tail!"

The problem is, that with this attitude, Jesus is the tail.[blasphemy]

Hereby the attitude , even with a strait face, "Your All That!"

If we saw ourselves as Job, John and Paul did, in the light of His Purity, we would fall as dead men, mourning the spirit of our corruption.

2008/5/19 11:40
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

[i]If we saw ourselves as Job, John and Paul did, in the light of His Purity, we would fall as dead men, mourning the spirit of our corruption.[/i]

May God grant us this vision...that we may see our full plight without Him!

And, what a wonderful thing to see but the soul of a man awakened by the Breath/Spirit of God; He can't sleep!
But how dreadful to see men sleeping, on their way to Hell; ever hearing the word of God but not being converted. O how dreadful...

2008/5/19 12:02Profile

"In the Early days of TBN, there was some life, believe it or not. In the early '80s, the Faith Word folks won out, commandeering the network into complete submission to their doctrines that the believer was entitled to health, happiness, and , of course prosperity as a right." Brothertom

Have you noticed that many of the prosperity people are the ones in front of the camera when TBN does a pledge drive? If you want funding for your broadcast and programming, the prosperity preacher audience are the one's you want on your side. Notice that GOD TV has taken that page right from TBN? They show all of the prosperity ministries (Copeland, Creflo, etc) in a regularly scheduled manner. The prosperity contingent are 'the givers', the one's most likely to open up their wallets for a promised 100 fold blessing.
Europe is getting their fill of this stuff....and Bentley to boot. And who needs TV? None of this Bentley stuff has hit the mainstream... but no matter, the internet is, and will be, the main method of propagating this sweeping deception accross the globe... and right under the nose of your next door neighbor who is a nice, decent, guy but is a simple person who goes to work, comes home, spends time with the family, works in the garage, and takes in a baseball game before he winds down for bed. Sheesh.

2008/5/19 12:48

Re: the blessing of conversion or the dreadfulness of sleep..

Rauch34: I think of real revival and the holy preaching of the Apostles and the historic true brethren who likewise brought the light of a terrifying and convicting word.......[b]REPENT, FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND![/b]

Isn't this, and exactly this, what the true gospel emanates??

I think so. It is not about a good life here, as we rest in peace in our old Adamic pride. Our plight without Him is too awful to imagine, but it surely can be more comfortable if we never behold it.

God send us holy men and women that will emit conviction in the church and out to the lost, so we can awake, and see.

2008/5/19 12:49

Re: Coley....God tv

Well spoken and amen.

I like what Jesus said about the hireling. "The hireling flees [b]because[/b] he is a hireling. In effect, he is there for the money, and he is gone with the money; looking for another flock to fleece.

A gospel preached that includes Lordship of Jesus, without reservation, will produce a church that looks like Hebrews 11, and has their Faith. "Whom the World was not worthy."

We honor Him because only He is worthy, whether we receive a hundred fold blessing, or are burnt alive at the stake.

2008/5/19 12:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy