SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : I will never leave you nor Forsake you!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

I will never leave you nor Forsake you!

The Lord is good and He is faithful. We are never tempted more than we are able and when the enemy comes in like a flood, then He raises up a standard. A standard is the colors of a regiment, like a flag.

The Lord has promised that His banner over us is Love. Just when Satan was proudly surveying Calvary, chest puffed out in pride at the damage and death he has inflicted on the Son of God, through the mist and confusion he suddenly sees the banner flying high over that terrible scene. It is the banner of Love that has conquered all and declares victory in the midst of seeming defeat.

How often in our lives do we come to the very edge of defeat, the end of ourselves and all our strengths and it is then that we are flooded with the Grace of God that raises us up, above the battlefield where we lay injured and defeated in the flesh. Our flesh has an end but our spirit is victorious through the blood of the Lamb, we become overcomers because He overcame, "Be of good cheer, for I have overcame the world."

It is to this promise that we cling, we trust in the Lord with an unconditional trust. A trust that cannot see ahead, a trust that does not know what tomorrow brings. We only know that tomorrow belongs to Him and that tomorrow , He holds our hand. "Lift up your eyes and see who has created all these things. Who brings out the host by number and knows them all by name. By the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, not one is missing." The stars in heaven undoubtedly declare the glory of the living God, yet we too, brothers and sisters in Christ, are the host of heaven, we declare His glory, He knows our names and not one of us is forgotten............praise His marvelous name, that name which is above every other, Jesus your name is High and lifted up to the glory of God the Father.

2008/5/19 9:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy