SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Texas megachurch minister caught in Internet sex sting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Texas megachurch minister caught in Internet sex sting

[b]Texas megachurch minister caught in Internet sex sting[/b]

A minister at one of Texas' largest megachurches was arrested this week after driving his wife's car 200 miles for a planned liaison with a 13-year-old girl he met on the Internet.

Greeting Rev. Joe Barron, minister to married adults at the 26,000-member Prestonwood Baptist Church, near Dallas, when he arrived Thursday, with a package of condoms on the car seat, were members of the Bryan, Texas, police force.

read more: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=64583

2008/5/18 19:26Profile

Re: Texas megachurch minister caught in Internet sex sting

I just made the comment on this subject just last week, a comment about the danger of putting too much confidence and faith in man. Also we should, even as aweful as this is, not say Oh I could never do that, even if we think in our hearts we would not or could. We should say Lord, please keep us from evil and lead us not unto temptation. This man has ruined his life, probably his marriage and his relationship with his children, his church family and the devil is laughing. Thank you Lord for your grace. The only reason this is not me in this story and or I'm not posting from prison is his grace.

2008/5/18 19:55
MandM

This is really sad

2008/5/19 16:14Profile

Re:

This isnt sad... it's sick. A grown man trolling for 12 and 13 yr old kids to sexually exploit? Sad isnt the word for it.

I feel bad for the church involved. They deserved better.

This man ought to be locked up for decades so he doesnt hurt any kids. In the meantime, I pray he gets his life right w/ the Lord... and then have a wonderful prison ministry... from the inside so the rest of our children can be a little bit safer.

I have zero tolerance for child-predators. Lock 'em up... get 'em saved... and continue to keep 'em locked up!

Krispy

2008/5/19 16:55
Compton

Re:

The things churches have to deal with today...

The message posted on the front page of the website indicates that the church leadership is attempting to handle this impossible situation with honestly and transparency. They acted decisively and made no excuse to the public for this disgrace to their organization and to the Church in general. It is quite noteworthy that the local press is not having a field day with this situation, which indicates the amount of respect this church must have with the community. I also find it noteworthy that the police felt no need to take the suspects office computer. They demonstrated that none of the office computers can access online chat-rooms, and that this deed was pursued offsite.

Let's remember these brethren in prayer.

2008/5/19 17:42Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

This is sick and both sad. may we pray and be sober ourselves. This makes me think about what some leaders have going on in their lives behind closed doors. we need to follow jesus like never before so that when men fall we can fulfill the statement of the apostle paul in 1 corinthians 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

2008/5/19 17:54Profile
Compton

Re:

Hi Fuegodedios

Quote:
This makes me think about what some leaders have going on in their lives behind closed doors.

I can sympathize, but I feel scripture exhorts us to resist this type of despair and cynicism towards one another. ...bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Also, I do not believe we can do any good towards the facts of this situation by adding our own imagination to it. I realize we here at SI are especially skeptical of 'mega-churches' but I think we should suspend that theme in this situation to safegaurd our own hearts from misconduct towards other brethren in Christ. One man in bondage should not be allowed to wipe away any faithful testimony this church might have built up over the years.

Blessings dear brother,

MC

2008/5/19 18:06Profile
JoanM

I came accros this after hearing [u]Ye are the Light of the World[/u]- Roy Daniel (video)
[u][b]We cry out[/b][/u]: Help , LORD ; for the godly man ceaseth ; for the faithful fail from among the children of men . Psm.12:1 Help us!

2008/5/26 23:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy