SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : There's no cross in the "river". Bam!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Jeff, Appreciate your humility..There is no cross in the river.

"Quick to humble our selves"....the mark of a disciple, to take the lowest seat....I appreciate your humility, whether I am right or wrong.

Some things are much more important than being right, and sometimes we just don't understand a brother or a sister.

There is a place where flesh goes wild and free, all in the name of true ministry. We must realize that often it does not come upon the church in a sudden manner, or upon individuals likewise. We become deceived over time as we have been piece-mealed, bit by bit, as we have taken our rights up, with our pleasure, and thrown our cross down. We have believed that blessings are the purpose and intents of the Father unto our selves, rather than the true intent, that we become as His Son; to be conformed in our spirit man inside, exactly as the Son; bringing the Fathers love ,flowing from us.

The failure to allow the Lord to accomplish this brings us into a state of blindness and numbness, and then when the deception comes, bringing a ministry that will "bless" as it's primary thrust, we cannot believe that this is anything but from God; See Laodicea.

One 30 year Christan remarked; "Well, there are healings, and they believe in healing! [ how could this be bad?]"

When blessing and spiritual experience are the core criteria to assess whether or not there is truth or the lie, the one who long ago believed that a Christian's life is about being blessed, will quickly fall to the one that offers it. This, to them, is the only way reasonable.

That is why I stated that there is no cross in the "river", referring to their [lakeland's] terminology of the flow of supernatural experience.

We lose our discernment when we lose our cross. What we determine what is the pure water, may indeed be a river of filth.

2008/5/22 12:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy