Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 God will dry your tears! -winslow

[b]God will dry your tears![/b]

(Octavius Winslow, "Day Breaking")

"God will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death or mourning
or crying or pain." Revelation 21:4

What a cluster of sweet hopes is here! What
a collection of bright beams throwing, in focal
power, their splendor over that cloudless day.

Child of solitude and sorrow! sick ones dear to
Christ! bereaved mourners! hear these precious
words--and let music break from your lips!

You know how the mother comforts her sorrowing
babe. See how God will comfort His. God will dry
your tears!

Will God Himself wipe my tears away?

Yes, child of grief, there will be no more weeping
then, for, O ecstatic thought! "God will wipe every
tear from their eyes!" O kind and condescending
Father!

No more frustrated plans,
no more bitter disappointments,
no more withered hopes,
no more corroding cares,
will mingle with the deep sea of bliss, now
pouring its tide of joyousness over the soul.

"God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
Revelation 7:17

2008/5/16 3:02Profile
theopenlife

Re: God will dry your tears! -winslow

Thanks for posting this, Greg. I plan on responding to you tomorrow, Lord willing.

2008/5/16 5:15Profile

Re:

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Greg. I plan on responding to you tomorrow, Lord willing.

My interpretation of these passage is that it speaks to the Jews who are still wating on the Messiah to come. The setting in Rev. is Jesus coming down from heaven with His bride the church whom he has already called home. The Jews who confess Christ unto death will be saved in the tribulation and he will dry every tear from their eyes. I realize many interpret this passage differently, and that's ok. At some point I see it different or you see it differently as God expalins it to us. Well Paul said it better.
Phil 3:12-4:1
13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things.[b] And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.[/b] 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
17 Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. 18 For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,[b] 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.[/b]

Rev 21:2-5
2[b] I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.[/b] 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

Before you respond with disagreement note the New Jeresalem and the passage below.
Rev 3:9-13
10[b] Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.[/b]
11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it.[b] I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.[/b] 13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Tell me, who is Jesus keeping from the hour of trial or tribulation that is coming upon the earth? THE CHURCH, THE TRUE CHURCH
A new creation, a new name, saved by the blood of Jesus. Praise Him!
Only those who put there trust in Him and HIM alone.

2008/5/16 9:37

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy