SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : California Legalizes Same Sex Marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
so all other christians who dont vote for who ever you are voting for is sinning?

[b][i]I wish you would quit quoting something I did not say.[/b][/i]

Who should christians vote for in your opinion?

[b][i]Each one of us as Krispy said yesterday, Christians should not be required to be told that, they should know. As Paul said we must work out our salvation with fear and trembling, not work for our salvation. I'm glad you responded because I had more to add to my last post. When we stand before God and give an account, He won't have to ask us who we voted for, he already knows. The poll may be private and no one sees your vote but He does. If a person thinks he can vote for that guy that promises to fill his pocket book and not stand for His principles, God knows the motives and the intents of the heart and you know He does. Choose you this Day my friend.[/b][/i]

I dont know one in American elections, not in swedish either, even the so called Christian candidates wont do so much to change the nations.

[b][i]So I guess if we elected the devil himself as a president, God would be ok with that and say well done good and faithful servant. We may do that this time with the attitude many Chrsitians have.[/i][/b]

Whitch one of American candidates holds a bible and says this is what we will follow if you elect me.

[b][i]We hold to the Bible truths and stand as close to what He says as He gives us the power to do. We are not responsible for any power other than what He has given us, but we do have one vote. We use what He gives us. If we don't do this, then remember the good and the bad stewards parable[/i][/b]

I dont see how it is good to vote, when there is no clear biblical candidate, and i meen everything.

[b][i]So you are saying no stance for righteousness is good right, if we can't have the Apostle Paul for President. If I can't elect the Apostle Paul, Judas will work.[/i][/b]

One who satnds up for the bible and Gods view on things, not on some but all.

[b][i]I don't think any of us stand in any perfection, even the President, other than that which Chrsit gives and He certainly honors any effort in standing for things that are pleasing to Him, that is proven in history by the blessings that America has received in the past.[/i][/b]

until then i would see it as a sin to vote for someone who allows same sexmarrige, abortion, wars, and so on and on.

[b][i]One thing for sure brother, don't worry about what I say, you need only to worry about what God says to you. If He tells you to vote for one who says there are many ways to God, go for it. If He says don't vote, I would advise you, don't vote. [/i][/b]

this of course is my view and theology, i can respect you for yours brother.

[b][i]No sir this is not my view or theology, you know whose theology it is.[/i][/b]

But i fail to see how you reason

[b][i]Many people fail to see the reasoning, narrow is the way, and many do what they think is right in their own eyes.[/i][/b]

I try follow Jesus, he dident tell us to do these things brother, he dident start a group to try vote away the evil high priest or a political party against Cesar. To try to get about a change.

[b][i]He said to give Cesear what is Cesears and give God what's Gods and if God doesn't deserve us to honor Him enough to to do our dead level best to pick someone who beleives in HIM, go read the scripture again brother.[/i][/b]

I dont vote, because i belive all that are available in my country stand for the opposite of what the sum of the Word of God teaches.

[b][i]If you feel comfortable not voting, then don't vote. That's the beauty of the freedom we have for people in voting in the past and trusting God, He has given you the freedom not to vote if you so choose. Just let the liberals vote for you and choose you will lead you. They got enough ambition to go vote. Maybe you will get Judas, many deserve judas by there silence and inactivity[/i][/b]

And i dont want to be supporter of such things.

[b][i]Unfortunately many feel the way you do, that' s why we are in the mess we are in with liberalism.[/i][/b]

2008/5/16 13:34

Re:

Hey brother Moe MAC,

that is just it, we wont have a candidate that is on fire for God, who will stand for all of the glory of God, HEck, we barely stand faithful for the whole glory and majesty of God.

I say that as pertaining to the condition of the North American Church as well as the world wide body.

Lets just hope and pray that God will tell the liberal or conservative period, that HE needs to fall b4 God and pray, and to set this whole nation in that same way.

Bro,I believe God wants His body to show up in prayer and worship on behalf of the people, not a Nation of people per-say. Not saying that the nation should not conform!

All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned everyone of us to OUR own way......

2008/5/16 13:46
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

we seem to be missing what the other one is saying.

I am sorry if i quoted things you dident say, sometimes what we dont say speak louder then what we say.

I may have misunderstand what you said, and dident say.

I strongly disagree with you, I interpret scripture different from you.

I will ask God to show if i am wrong and to keep me humble to realize if i am wrong.

Thank you for your patience with me, i will withdraw from this discussion brother. I feel i dont edify the readers by continue this

May his peace overflow in your heart brother.

Christian

2008/5/16 13:49Profile

Re:

No problem brother. I respect that descision and I enjoyed the discussion and I am not offended by your comments or withdrawal.
As I said we all must search and go with what God is saying to us.
God Bless

2008/5/16 13:52
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

I will encourage everyone to listen to this sermon, I hope it will challenge and bless you [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=16164]A Holy Nation by Dean Taylor[/url]

2008/5/16 14:04Profile

Re:

It sure it is a well given sermon. We can also read and study our Bibles and the get the Holy Nation message first hand without a spin, if the message might possible have one. I have no idea what the sermon is or if it has a spin, I might agree or might not, but I do know I can agree with His Word.
Thanks
I say this in view of the recent discussion of this thread. If I'm off base forgive me.
John 8:31-32
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
KJV

2008/5/16 14:27
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Well it deals well with the two kingdoms, Gods and this worlds and says what scripture clearly teaches and Jesus taught.

That our kingdom is not of this world, and any good soldier dont get tangled up in this worlds affairs.

Politics or otherwise.

2008/5/16 15:16Profile

Re:

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
Well it deals well with the two kingdoms, Gods and this worlds and says what scripture clearly teaches and Jesus taught.

That our kingdom is not of this world, and any good soldier dont get tangled up in this worlds affairs.

Politics or otherwise.

Kinda figured that, discernment I guess. One of most misused passages in the Bible. One entangles himself in the affairs of this world when he lives like the devil and don't stand for righteousness. If one discerns how he can please his master he is going to be salt and light in the midst and a wicked and perverse generation. Light don't hide and salt don't preserve unless it gets on something.
2 Tim 2:15
2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

2008/5/16 15:35

Re:

great post HMMMMM,
Christ' Kingdom and the kingdom that we are apart of is NOT of this World.

We r of God's world, Heaven!
We should be thus minded, politics and Christianity, as much as we want it to be is not part of that Kingdom, now, Christians or leaders that are Godly such as the relationship of Uzziah and Isaiah can conexist and be a great blessing, but when Uzziah messed up, Isaiah wept and cried and pained deeply for the lost of Uzziah because he did do well by God for many years.....

Christianity is a bit different also, were are the "eclesia", the caled out ones, and we must live as such and search for God like HE is our only ONE!

2008/5/16 16:19

Re:

Quote:

ejg wrote:
great post HMMMMM,
Christ' Kingdom and the kingdom that we are apart of is NOT of this World.

We r of God's world, Heaven!
We should be thus minded, politics and Christianity, as much as we want it to be is not part of that Kingdom, now, Christians or leaders that are Godly such as the relationship of Uzziah and Isaiah can conexist and be a great blessing, but when Uzziah messed up, Isaiah wept and cried and pained deeply for the lost of Uzziah because he did do well by God for many years.....

Christianity is a bit different also, were are the "eclesia", the caled out ones, and we must live as such and search for God like HE is our only ONE!

I got news for you brother you are in the world since you haven't been glorified in got to heaven yet. We are not suppose of the world but in the world, if you join em you of the world. By your silence you can join em. Well....I guess I should only speak for myself, I'm not of this world, but still here in it. You may be right though about yourself and others, some may as well not be not in the world for all the good they are doing toward being salt and light for God's purpose..

2008/5/16 18:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy