SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CHARISMA- "QUESTIONS About LAKELAND"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I may go off about those PINK arches they have in their COMPANY plans and GO OFF ON them giving money to the homosexual movement, you know how I am about getting off the thread Krispy.

yea... I always wondered about the Hamburgler!

Seriously tho... My last post was a bit harsher than I intended it to be. I can see how someone would think I was being snide. I didnt mean at all for it to come out that way.

Krispy

2008/5/15 16:25

Re:

I didn't have no problem with what you posted, about false teachers and Bentley. I agree , the only point I have is, it is like what you said about telling a Christians who to vote for, they should know that already if they are Christians!!

2008/5/15 16:29
Compton

Re:

Quote:
the only point I have is, it is like what you said about telling a Christians who to vote for, they should know that already if they are Christians!!

I normally would agree Moe...but unfortunately most Christians today are so open minded that their brains fall out. This is what happens when we elevate our own 'words from God' to the actual Word of God.

Along these lines, I have to offer here that I am just as weary towards the 'discernment' of critics, as I am of the lack of discernment in the Lakeland revival.

The remonstrance we need against false prophets does not come from discernment of a trusted 'true prophet', but from scriptures. (As you know!)

MC

2008/5/15 16:45Profile
davym

Re:

I thought that post was spot on Krispy. A good analysis.

I got a text message tonight from a friend asking me whether I wanted to go to a service in his home town. He said the speaker was anointed with the Florida revival anointing. (This is in Northern Ireland friends so this thing is spreading). I politely declined and told my brother to watch himself. Meanwhile I thought to myself, would it not be better to go and hear a speaker who was anointed by [b]God[/b]?!

The thing about this whole thing that gets me is this - This 'movement' will end in tears, of that I have no doubt. People will suffer. This can't be a revival because there is no conviction of sin. It will therefore fade out and those involved will become disillusioned and Todd Bentley will be nowhere to be seen to help them. Only Christ (through His church) will be able to help them. But they'll want nothing to do with God or His church after the Lakeland experience. And Satan scores his victory.

It's time to stop defending this nonsense. The word of God is clear in its denunciation of it as Krispy and others have pointed out.

[i]There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 14:12[/i]

2008/5/15 16:49Profile

Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:
Quote:
the only point I have is, it is like what you said about telling a Christians who to vote for, they should know that already if they are Christians!!

I normally would agree Moe...but unfortunately most Christians today are so open minded that their brains fall out. This is what happens when we elevate our own 'words from God' to the actual Word of God.

MC

I think you are right, I agree, should know, but don't know. Ever learning but never coming. Amen

2008/5/15 16:52
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Wellll... thats kinda like looking for something eat in a dumpster behind a McDonalds. Sure, you might find a pickles thats ok to eat, but you have to immerse yourself in the garbage to get to it.

Welllll said.

Remember that Satan always mixes truth, half-truths and lies to deceive his people.
Of course they will touch a bit on repentance as long as it is not too serious. They may even mention the cross as long as it is somehow historic and does not emphasize on dying to self.

The bible says that they will perform real miracles, signs and healings, yet they are not sent by the Lord. Bileam prophecied accurately about Israel, yet he was after selfish gain at their dysmal.

Jude 11Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam's error; they have been destroyed in Korah's rebellion.

The mechanics of deception is to cloak the false in truth so that you can swallow it.

It is commendable that Charisma publishes a note of caution, but I think it does not go far enough to protect the gullable from becoming entangled in this movement.

I also want to take the opportunity to appeal to the discerning people here and elsewhere about the way we handle discernment.

Being given discernment by God is not yet a virtue in it self. Lashing out against the false and trashing it does not help a single soul to come out of it.
We have to love more.
We have to DEMONSTRATE what it means to be really filled with the Holy Spirit, not just condemn the false.
Deceived people get very irritated when you bombard them full throttle about their error.
You have to take them step by step, and wait how God leads you.
Again it is Jude who says:

22Be merciful to those who doubt; 23snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

narrowpath
(currently in Tehran, they haven't blocked this site here, PTL and shhhh)

2008/5/15 18:01Profile

Re:

Quote:

We have to love more.
We have to DEMONSTRATE what it means to be really filled with the Holy Spirit, not just condemn the false.
Deceived people get very irritated when you bombard them full throttle about their error.
You have to take them step by step, and wait how God leads you.
Again it is Jude who says:

22Be merciful to those who doubt; 23snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

narrowpath
(currently in Tehran, they haven't blocked this site here, PTL and shhhh)

I agree we have to love more when giving truth but giving the truth to a deceived lost person and allowing the Holy Spirit to take the Word of God and convict is the greatest love of one can have. A deceived lost person can never get to the cross until they realize how deceived they have been all their life and realizing how helpless they are without HIS grace and mercy. If we act in away that is to trival, will appear that we are comfortable with a lie or sin and we act in a way as though we are just really laid back when talking to them about their ignorance?

I would say the liars got racked over the coals pretty well in Jude.
Jude 12-13

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
KJV

2008/5/15 20:13
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: unbalanced

Quote:
Along these lines, I have to offer here that I am just as weary towards the 'discernment' of critics, as I am of the lack of discernment in the Lakeland revival.

Agree, something of a contorted straw man or an unbalanced balancing act. Glad to hear Grady coming closer to some discernment but it is still playing to both 'sides'. This is also the editor of the same magazine and the same newsletter\email "Streams of Revival" that produces an endless stream of 'prophetic' utterances from a variety of imaginative minds just "What the Lord is doing". They are of such a vague variety that they could apply next week, next year of two thousand years hence and they would still mean absolutely nothing. They know not what they speak nor what the Lord is doing in any form or fashion. But it just keeps on coming, keeps on being presented "as so".

The trouble with this is to put just such a balance on it all, it gives credence to those doubts that shouldn't be suppressed, anyone who has been in the clutches of these sorts of things knows, once they begin to overcome that impulse that there is a denying of the conscience. Unfortunately it is just as easy to continue to suppress while being enamored with these animal spirit or fleshly reasonings, the natural man having his fill and his 'fun'. There is the danger point, to either succumb or to resist.

For some of us it took a great deal more time and pain to come to our senses. For others ... they become entrenched and the longer it goes on the more difficult it is to 'have ears to hear'.

There are so many repercussions and ramifications, I don't know what amount of tears could convince ...

[i]Edit: Could but pray that the whole of this be read, but if anything, at least Chapter 10, it speaks to this matter so remarkably[/i];

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23284&post_id=185246&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=183705&forum=34#185246]The Voice of the Prophets ~ Sparks[/url]

2008/5/15 22:15Profile

Re:

I do agree with that. He is playing both sides but I was encouraged, to a degree, he has acknowledged the side that has been speaking against this. He's the editor of a magazine that many of the people in this movement subscribe too so there is a lot of pressure for him to be subtle in the introduction...not to mention there is money involved with sales of the magazine.

I don't condone this at all, I'm merely making an observation. To me someone who was moving in the conviction of the Holy Spirit and has a piercing revelation into a false movement would forsake all (magazine subscriptions...money etc) and come out against it like Luther against the Catholic Church (former Catholic here).

2008/5/16 14:31
Talkn2u

Re: CHARISMA- "QUESTIONS About LAKELAND"

Todd Bentley has become a topic recently in a small circle of people that I know.
I was unaware of him and unaware of this "revival"
I googled Todd Bentley and I clicked on to UTube's interview with Todd Bentley and a "supposed" prophet named Bob Jones (NOT of BJU).
The interview was 25 minutes in length.
It took literally seconds to recognize this as false.
I then put it to the "Test" ...
I listened to the interview in its entirety.
Never once did I hear the Name of Jesus proclaimed.
Never once was the attention directed to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ's Life, Blood, Death, Resurrection, Atoning Power, or the Cross.
Never once were listeners admonished to acknowledge sin in their lives, come to Jesus and repent.
The interview merely focused upon "supposed" manifestations of "god"... and going up to the third heaven etc...
It sounded new age and mystical to me.

In the Cover Letter of an issue of the ElijahList
I read about these revivals in Florida and then going on to Albany Oregon.
One statement encouraged us to come and grab the anointing there and then go get some more in Oregon.
Upon reading that I began to weep and tell the Lord I was sorry that the Church of Jesus Christ is being portrayed in such foolishness.

When we seek out manifestations above the Persons of the GodHead, we are off track. That is what I believe.

Maybe this is out of context but as I was reading that article on ElijahList and watching the video interview, I could not help but think of Luke 11:29 where Jesus calls them a perverse/wicked generation because they are looking for a sign.
And
in a way that is how I see those that "run after" these stange things. It is almost as tho they are saying they must "see something grandiose" to believe.

As in I Kings 19:12...we are to listen for and listen to "the still small voice"

Please do not misunderstand me, I do realize that some are young and immature Christians who are seeking Truth yet can be easily deceived. They are who I am fighting FOR...speaking Truth TO.

My anger and agony of heart is against those who carry these deceptive measures and attribute them to God; causing confusion in the hearts and minds of the Sheep.

Praise God that He WILL be glorified and every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!!!

2008/5/16 17:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy