SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What's in you wallet? Don't leave earth without IT!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What's in you wallet? Don't leave earth without IT!!

Jesus is coming again to receive those who are his brothers and sisters. He is only coming for those who have had that spiritual birth and have been born again.

John 3:3-15
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
\15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
KJV

2 Cor 13:5-10

5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? -- unless indeed you are disqualified. 6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified. 7
Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable, though we may seem disqualified. 8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. 9 For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. And this also we pray, that you may be made complete. 10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the authority which the Lord has given me for edification and not for destruction.
NKJV

2008/5/14 15:44
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: What's in you wallet? Don't leave earth without IT!!

What's in your wallet?

Thankfully you mean a spiritual not literal wallet, or else I think most would say not much!

But seriously, if we are not born again of the Spirit of God, we are more than spiritually bankrupt, we are dead in our sins.

We do need to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith. It is necessary for us to line our lives up with what the word of God says, and not the acceptable standard that is prevalent in the church. It might be acceptable to us, but is it acceptable to God?

God bless.

2008/5/16 4:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:
What's in your wallet?

Thankfully you mean a spiritual not literal wallet, or else I think most would say not much!

[i]Actually spiritually is what I meant. Perhaps possible, at least on the surface, a poor attempt at presenting the gospel! It's not hard to tell it could have been a poor attempt by the number of responses the thread got. This phrase came from the American Express Credit card commercial, "What's in your wallet don't leave home without it".[/i]

But seriously, if we are not born again of the Spirit of God, we are more than spiritually bankrupt, we are dead in our sins.

[i]Amen if we are not born again we have no desire in the gospel, either studing it or of presenting it, in any fashion, poor attempt or not. God instructed many people to do foolish things in presenting the gospel. It certainly wasn't with words of wisdom. God instructed Hosea to marry a prostitute and live His sermon out while he preached it. I know Hosea must have said, do what now God. He had rich men, smart men, dumb men, last one fits me maybe huh. Paul became a fool for the gospel sake.[/i]

We do need to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith. It is necessary for us to line our lives up with what the word of God says, and not the acceptable standard that is prevalent in the church. It might be acceptable to us, but is it acceptable to God?

[i]We do need to all examine our faith in as 1st John says. It's amazing when that scripture talks about love, and loving your brother, it is directly after referring to Jesus. I think that is the brother we should love the most and of course brothers and sisters Jesus bring to the family by adoption as well, but love Jesus more. It is evidence when we care about pleasing the Lord and presenting the gospel that we have indeed put our trust in the shed blood of Jesus Christ and that alone for atonement for or sins, no other reason be suffcient or will save us, certainly not works to be saved, but work out of thanksgiving because we are. That is the freedom that is in Christ[/i]

God bless.

[i]Thanks Enid for the reply. God Bless Brother,edit: I mean sister, see there that's a perfect example of IN-CHRIST we see neither male nor female.[/i]

2008/5/16 7:52
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

A slight amendment on your post moe mac.

I'm actually a mother of 3 children. So it's sister not brother.

Otherwise, the post was perfect!

Smile!

2008/5/16 8:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy