SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pastor Hagee Apologizes for Anti-Catholic Remarks (what a sell out!!)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Jews couldn't reject what wasn't offered to them he never said once he was the massiah

Hello and welcome to SI,

This doctrine is just as heretical. It's painfully obvious that the Gospel was preached to Jew [b]first[/b]. Obviously if it was preached to them, it was offered to them...

Don't believe this stuff Hagee is saying for a moment. Here are scriptures that plainly show the Jews knew his claim.

Mat 26:63 But Jesus held his peace. And the [b]high priest[/b] answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, [b]that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.[/b]
Mat 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, [b]Thou hast said:[/b] nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Mat 26:65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, [b]He hath spoken blasphemy[/b]; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
Mat 26:66 What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
Mat 26:67 Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote [him] with the palms of their hands,
Mat 26:68 Saying, [b]Prophesy unto us, thou Christ[/b], Who is he that smote thee?

The leaders obviously knew his claims.

2008/5/16 10:32Profile

Re:

Right on, Preach!

This is my favorite:

[b]John 8:58-59[/b] [i]Jesus said unto them, [color=FF0000]Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, [b]I AM[/b][/color]. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.[/i]

Anyone wanna tell me that the Jews didnt understand what His claim was?

Or perhaps maybe this might clear things up a little... I know this next passage is rather subtle, but if you use a magnifying glass and read real slow... there is a good chance you might catch it...

[b]John 4:25-26[/b] [i]The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, [color=FF0000]I that speak unto thee am he.[/color][/i]

It's just plain foolish to believe Jesus didnt claim to be the Messiah. John Hagee has been a "preacher" for how long now? And he still hasnt figure this out?

An 8 yr old Sunday School student can tear apart Hagee's theology.

Krispy

2008/5/16 10:53

Re:

Jesus KNEW exactly what HE was declaring

2008/5/16 11:31
Psalm73

Arkansas

Re:

I'll use quotes to throw out Hagee's theology, and give you some correct theology, from 2 major reformed theologians.
William Tyndale from the preface to the 1526 N.T
Repent and believe the gospel, as saith Christ in the first of Mark. Apply alway the Law to thy deeds, whether thou find lust 1 in the bottom of thine heart to the law-ward, and so shalt thou no doubt repent, and feel in thyself a certain sorrow, pain, and grief to thine heart, because thou canst not with full lust do the deeds of the law. Apply the gospel—that is to say the promises—unto the deserving of Christ, and to the mercy of God and his truth, and so shalt thou not despair, but shall feel God as a kind and a merciful father. And his spirit shall dwell in thee, and shall be strong in thee, and the promises shall be given thee at the last (though not by and by, lest thou shouldest forget thyself, and be negligent) and all threatenings shall be forgiven thee for Christ's blood's sake—to whom commit thyself altogether—without respect either of thy good deeds or of thy bad

Martin Luther - GOSPEL TRANSCENDS LAW

1. This epistle lesson sounds altogether strange and wonderful to individuals unaccustomed to Scripture language, particularly to that of Paul. To the inexperienced ear and heart it is not intelligible. In popedom thus far it has remained quite unapprehended, although reading of the words has been practiced.

2. That we may understand it, we must first get an idea of Paul's theme. Briefly, he would oppose the vain boasting of false apostles and preachers concerning their possession of

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE SERMONS OF MARTIN LUTHER, VOL. VIII, PAGE 224

the spirit and their peculiar skill and gifts, by praising and glorifying the office of a preacher of the Gospel with which he is intrusted. For he found that, especially in the Church at Corinth, which he had converted by the words of his own lips and brought to faith in Christ, soon after his departure the devil introduced his heresies whereby the people were turned from the truth and betrayed into other ways. Since it became his duty to make an attack upon such heresies, he devoted both his epistles to the purpose of keeping the Corinthians in the right way, so that they might retain the pure doctrine received from him, and beware of false spirits. The main thing which moved him to write this second epistle was his desire to emphasize to them his apostolic office of a preacher of the Gospel, in order to put to shame the glory of those other teachers--the glory they boasted with many words and great pretense.

3. He starts in on this theme just before he reaches our text. And this is how it is he comes to speak in high terms of praise of the ministration of the Gospel and to contrast and compare the twofold ministration or message which may be proclaimed in the Church, provided, of course, that God's Word is to be preached and not the nonsense of human falsehood and the doctrine of the devil. One is that of the Old Testament, the other of the New; in other words, the office of Moses, or the Law, and the office of the Gospel of Christ. He contrasts the glory and power of the latter with those of the former, which, it is true, is also the Word of God. In this manner he endeavors to defeat the teachings and pretensions of those seductive spirits who, as he but lately foretold, pervert God"s Word, in that they greatly extol the Law of God, yet at best do not teach its right use, but, instead of making it tributary to faith in Christ, misuse it to teach work-righteousness.

2008/5/16 12:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy