SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The death of a righteous gentile

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
suzy

Devon, England

The death of a righteous gentile

I read an article about Irene Sendler for the first time only a few days ago; and today I read of her death.

Irena Sendler, a Polish woman who saved 2,500 Jewish children from the Warsaw Ghetto during the Nazi occupation in World War II, died on Monday in Warsaw aged 98. She had worked with Warsaw's poor Jewish families prior to the war. After Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland in 1939, she took grave risks to help Polish Jews trapped by the Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto.

At the end of 1942, she joined the Zegota anti-Nazi resistance movement of Poles helping Jews. It was then that she began the extremely difficult task of smuggling Jewish infants and children out of the ghetto and escaping an almost-certain death. Her team of some 20 people saved 2,500 children between October 1940 and April 1943, when the Nazis burned the ghetto, shooting the residents or sending them to death camps. She was herself captured by the Nazis and condemned to death, but escaped. Irena Sendler was later honoured by Israel's Yad Vashem remembrance authority for her heroism.

It seems appropriate at this time of Israel’s 60th celebration to remember her and other people who helped the Jews during World War 2.

Suzy

This is a link to her obituary on The Times online, and well worth a read.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/obituaries/article3918822.ece?token=null&offset=0

2008/5/13 17:55Profile

Re: The death of a righteous gentile

When our hour comes, and I believe it will, how will we act? Could we risk all, for the sake of Jesus, in such a brave manner as this lady?

I hope so, but I assure you, that unless we all learn of his love now, and learn of our cross too, we will be like Peter at THE TRIAL.

I think of the word, "Pray always that you would be counted worthy to stand before the Son of man in that day!"

Think of the countless Christians in Germany and Poland then, who have passed on to stand before Jesus's Justice, as cowards, who loved their lives, and their own, more than these helpless innocents, It strikes fear, and alarm in me, as I behold my own propensity to cowardliness. It is so much more comfortable, and there is a future in it!

Jesus commanded us to lay our lives down for each other. Some will, but He spoke of many who failed, in Matthew 10." Brother shall deliver up brother, children their parents, and a man's own household shall be his enemies."

Has this happened on such a wholesale level? I think not. "But he who endures to the end, the same shall be saved." This endurance , I believe has to do with this kind of courage, that only emits from faithful souls, who "Love not their own lives, unto death.!"

Thank you for the article about Irena. She is an inspiration to me.

2008/5/15 11:45

Re:

Jesus give many paradox. Many can't understand them. How can one loss his life and live? That don't make sense does it. Until you do, until you abandon what you want for what he wants.
John 12:24-26

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
KJV

Die and live, He says. But he wants us to live now, so how can we die and live now? He wants us to die to our selfish ambitions and live for him and then we can have not only eternal life but life more abundantly now on earth and bear much fruit. If the death spoken of, was referring to the trib how could we live for him now and die?
The mystery of the gospel, Christ in us.
Paul said I die daily, not I that lives but Christ, the life I now live I live BY faith in the SON OF GOD who loved me and gave HIMSELF FOR ME. His grace is sufficient.

edit and added. He who knew no sin was made sin for us that we might be the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Matt 13:49-50
49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

1 Thess 4:14-18

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
KJV

If the dead rise first, who is coming up second to meet Jesus. Those that put their trust in HIM right.

2008/5/15 12:11

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy