SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ministering with a female?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Ministering with a female?

I would take her in a group setting only. She should understand this , and really desire it. Often emotional bonds are stronger than you can imagine, and for her sake, you need to stop this. You, are in effect, discipling her, and you were not called to do so ALONE. This is a body work, especially in the cases of young, spiritually immature women.

You, and your wife should continue to encourage her, but you should back off the one on one alone times with her completely.

Find some mature brothers that will go preach with you. tom

2008/5/13 13:24
healing2day

Re:

Quote:

Brothertom wrote:

I would take her in a group setting only. She should understand this , and really desire it. Often emotional bonds are stronger than you can imagine, and for her sake, you need to stop this. You, are in effect, discipling her, and you were not called to do so ALONE. This is a body work, especially in the cases of young, spiritually immature women.

You, and your wife should continue to encourage her, but you should back off the one on one alone times with her completely.

Find some mature brothers that will go preach with you. tom

Thank you for your words of caution, Brother.

I should have mentioned that I did not intend to make this a practice and have not yet even gone out with her to move in Ministry areas.

I have already spoken with several individuals to come out on a regular basis as we are again beginning to move more in these areas as the weather permits this much more.

I was not intending to make it appear as though I would be ministering often with a lone female. In my view that is unwise. What I sought to convey is whether or not on rare ocassions this would be inappropriate.

Again thank you Saints. Your encouragement and words of caution are well heeded.

2008/5/13 13:38Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

Not that I feel a need to add to any caution as that has been very well spoken in previous posts.

I would simply add that a young woman has MANY things to learn, and there must be a rooting and grounding before she is exposed to the full strength of the adversary. She can be a most WONDERFUL witness to every person she comes into contact with, and learning to share her testimony can begin with those that are closest to her, even by the changes in her life.

I believe very strongly that another woman needs to be her main discipler, it is much to easy to develop bonds of emotional ties that regardless of your pure motives can be harmful to her spiritual growth.

Women are different learners then men. It takes a mature woman that has shown herself faithful, one who can nuture, teach, admonish, encourage, show her HOW to BE a woman of faith, of obedience, of good character.

A sister in Christ

2008/5/13 13:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
I was not intending to make it appear as though I would be ministering often with a lone female. In my view that is unwise. What I sought to convey is whether or not on rare ocassions this would be inappropriate.

I would not even do it once.

The other day I came across a woman who's car had broken down. I dont recommend everyone here stop for broken down cars, especially women... it can be dangerous. I have a conceal/carry permit, so I dont have any qualms about helping stranded people on the road.

Anyway... got off track there... she wasnt going anyway in her car. There was no getting it started. Most men would give her a ride to where ever. I wont. I called a tow truck for her, while she called her husband. I waited there until her husband showed up.

You simply can not be alone with a woman, guys. I wouldnt want someone to see me in a vehicle with a woman other than my wife... and I certainly wouldnt want a woman to be able to accuse me of something I didnt do.

Krispy

2008/5/13 14:07

Re: Ministering with a female?

Quote:
by healing2day on 2008/5/13 10:57:49
The Pastor has recently dealt with two false accusations against other Ministers which he of course could not get into the specifics with me but he warned against us going out together without a third party.

I have no issues with bringing others alone and some have agreed to come when available.

I want to maintain a good report so have no problem with this.

I have asked our assitant Pastor with our senior Pastor's knowledge what his view is and our assitant Pastor sees no issue with ministering publically with a female if one's spouse is in agreement.

I then asked another Minister friend of mine and he also is agreement with this.

I know that this issue is not big yet at the same time I don't want to appear as though I'm rebellious and seeking to divide my relationship with my Pastor.

Brother,

You say you have no problem with this but yet you persist in going over your pastor's head not once but twice and you need to know that you DO look rebellious while you do this.

I'm just going to be blunt here... the problem of ministering with a woman alone to me is minor compared to you not submitting to your pastor's authority.

That's just my take on it.

God bless,

2008/5/13 14:56
healing2day

Re:

Quote:

Intens4Him wrote:
Quote:
by healing2day on 2008/5/13 10:57:49
The Pastor has recently dealt with two false accusations against other Ministers which he of course could not get into the specifics with me but he warned against us going out together without a third party.

I have no issues with bringing others alone and some have agreed to come when available.

I want to maintain a good report so have no problem with this.

I have asked our assitant Pastor with our senior Pastor's knowledge what his view is and our assitant Pastor sees no issue with ministering publically with a female if one's spouse is in agreement.

I then asked another Minister friend of mine and he also is agreement with this.

I know that this issue is not big yet at the same time I don't want to appear as though I'm rebellious and seeking to divide my relationship with my Pastor.

Brother,

You say you have no problem with this but yet you persist in going over your pastor's head not once but twice and you need to know that you DO look rebellious while you do this.

I'm just going to be blunt here... the problem of ministering with a woman alone to me is minor compared to you not submitting to your pastor's authority.

That's just my take on it.

God bless,

In truth there is no such situation. I do not want to be rebellious to his advice but he has not and would not make demands on such things. Our senior P does not "lay down the law" as such but allows members and Ministry Workers to do as their conscience dictates so long as it is not in direct violation of Scripture.

In this particular case we are all of varying views and our senior P is one to give much room in matters such as these.

I'm sorry for not explaining this is greater detail as I should have.

This is why I brought the issue to the attention of the Saints because I wanted the counsel of many and have well received it and will take heed accordingly as I stated earlier.

Thank you for your boldness in sharing such things with me. Open rebuke is better than secret love.

2008/5/13 15:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy