SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Tozer - Sensitive to Religion—but Living Like the Devil

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Corneliu

Tozer - Sensitive to Religion—but Living Like the Devil

April 29.
Sensitive to Religion—but Living Like the Devil

...Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? Luke 18:8

In our day you can find plenty of men and women in all walks of life who live like the devil while insisting that they are "sensitive" to religion!

If an evangelist sweeps through and the excitement gets big enough, they will go to the meeting and swell the crowd and contribute to the offering—and it will look big.
But here's the catch: after it is all over, the moral standards of the community are right where they were before. I contend that whatever does not raise the moral standard and consciousness of the church or community has not been a revival from God.
The "god" that men believe in now, and to whom they are "sensitive," is a kind of divine Pan with a pipe who plays lovely music while they dance, but he is not a God that makes any moral demands on them.

I still say that any revival that will come to a nation and leave people as much in love with money as they were before and as engrossed in human pleasures is a snare and a delusion!
True faith in God—not in any god, not in religion, but faith in the sovereign God who made heaven and earth and who will require men's deeds—that is the God we must believe in, my friends. Believing in Him, we will seek to crucify our flesh and put on the new man which is renewed in holiness.
That kind of faith in God is all but gone. When the Son of Man cometh, will He find faith on the earth?
—Renewed Day by Day - Volume One

2008/5/12 10:27Profile
figtreelives

Re: Tozer - Sensitive to Religion—but Living Like the Devil

Quote:
April 29.

...Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? Luke 18:8

In our day you can find plenty of men and women in all walks of life who live like the devil while insisting that they are "sensitive" to religion!

If an evangelist sweeps through and the excitement gets big enough, they will go to the meeting and swell the crowd and contribute to the offering—and it will look big.
But here's the catch: after it is all over, the moral standards of the community are right where they were before. I contend that whatever does not raise the moral standard and consciousness of the church or community has not been a revival from God.
The "god" that men believe in now, and to whom they are "sensitive," is a kind of divine Pan with a pipe who plays lovely music while they dance, but he is not a God that makes any moral demands on them.

I still say that any revival that will come to a nation and leave people as much in love with money as they were before and as engrossed in human pleasures is a snare and a delusion!
True faith in God—not in any god, not in religion, but faith in the sovereign God who made heaven and earth and who will require men's deeds—that is the God we must believe in, my friends. Believing in Him, we will seek to crucify our flesh and put on the new man which is renewed in holiness.
That kind of faith in God is all but gone. When the Son of Man cometh, will He find faith on the earth?

[u][color=000000]You, must not have any money. What! does moral law mean to you personally....[/color][/u]

2008/5/12 10:44Profile
figtreelives

Re: Tozer - Sensitive to Religion—but Living Like the Devil

Quote:
April 29.

[i][color=000000]Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God. Son of Man, and Son of God, Jesus came to heal the sick, he sat with sinners, he hated the sin but loved the sinner, THAT IS THE ONLY MORAL LAW you should believe in. [/color][/i]

Quote:

[i][color=000000]Your talk is cheap, and smells like THAT of an instigator, that is who you are. The revivial that is going to come to the nation, to all Nations, will be that of a geniune love towards God, towards the Father, and a geniune repentance toward sin, for he is the great I am, and nothing is impossible for Him. Nothing is impossible for those who believe.[/color][/i]

2008/5/12 10:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

figtreelives wrote:
Quote:

[i][color=000000]Your talk is cheap, and smells like THAT of an instigator, that is who you are. The revivial that is going to come to the nation, to all Nations, will be that of a geniune love towards God, towards the Father, and a geniune repentance toward sin, for he is the great I am, and nothing is impossible for Him. Nothing is impossible for those who believe.[/color][/i]

The wolves are on the rampage in the sheepfold and the shepherds are sleeping!

2008/5/12 11:32
closertoHim

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:

This is certainly a valid statement...I don't see what your argument is!...

2008/5/12 14:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy