SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Departing from the living God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Departing from the living God

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in [b]departing[/b]from the living God.

[b]departing[/b] = ἀφίστημι

G868

aphistēmi
Thayer Definition:
1) to make stand off, cause to withdraw, to remove

1a) to excite to revolt

2) to stand off, to stand aloof

2a) to go away, to depart from anyone

2b) to desert, withdraw from one

2c) to fall away, become faithless

2d) to shun, flee from

2e) to cease to vex one

2f) to withdraw one’s self from, to fall away

2g) to keep one’s self from, absent one’s self from

Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G575 and G2476
Citing in TDNT: 1:512, 88

2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being [b]led away[/b] with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

[b]led away[/b] =συναπαγω
G4879
sunapagō

Thayer Definition:

1) to lead away with or together

2) metaphorically to be carried away with

2a) of a thing, i.e. by a thing, so as to experience with others the force of that which carries away

2b) to yield or submit one’s self to lowly things, conditions, employments: not to evade their power

Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G4862 and G520

Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

2008/5/11 15:53Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Departing from the living God

Act 7:37-39 This is the Moses who said to the Israelites, 'God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers.' This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him at Mount Sinai, and with our fathers. He received living oracles to give to us. Our fathers refused to obey him, but thrust him aside, and [b]in their hearts[/b] they [b]turned[/b] to Egypt,

2008/5/11 16:11Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

"Zionism and Christianity: Unholy Alliance" full-length film by Ted Pike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L4UvkoSqR8

[i]Do not let us be led astray, do not let us be deceived and become mistaken, if the Lord should for a time do a work of what is called “revival” and many saints are gathered in, and there seems to be some tremendous thing going on; do not let us be deceived. That is one aspect of end-time need, that there shall be an ingathering, but — let there be no mistake about it — the actual end-time is going to be marked by suffering on the part of the church. How that will come about I do not propose to discuss now. The possibilities for the church, with the irresistible spread of one great power over the earth, are pretty clear. It will not be put back, it will go on; it is anti-God, anti-Christ, and wherever it holds sway it will begin to limit the activities of the Lord’s people, and presently it will break out. But whether that be it or not, there is coming, and it may be in our lifetime, a time of real suffering to Christianity, and out of that suffering there will come that which goes right out to the Lord. Many will fall away, many will give up, many will drop out of the race, paralysed by the situation, but there will be those who see that the only thing is utterness for the Lord — to go right on.

Is not that the question which confronts us, in a small way, a particular and personal way, in every bit of suffering? Something comes upon us — the Devil makes an onslaught — and there are alternatives for us. One is to sit down in hopelessness and give it up, say that you cannot go on, to turn with bitterness against the Lord, to become full of questions and almost cynical. The other alternative is to say: “There is nothing for it but just to go on!” We are all brought to that situation in simple ways. “Am I going to succumb, to yield to despair, to give up? Or am I going right on, and all the more because of this activity of the enemy?” The Spirit of God would bring us to that. You notice that that is the thing upon which Paul put his finger in his word to the Galatians. Because of certain things, they had stopped in the race; they were Christians, but they had stopped, come to a standstill. “O foolish Galatians, who did bewitch you?” (3:1). “I am again in travail until Christ be formed in you” (4:19). “You have to go on. The only thing for you is to go on; not to stop, to give up, but to go on.”[/i]

Sparks

2008/5/11 16:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy