SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Personal Election (not corporate)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved, through faith - As ye are now brought into a state of salvation, your sins being all blotted out, and you made partakers of the Holy Spirit; and, having a hope full of immortality, you must not attribute this to any works or merit of yours; for when this Gospel reached you, you were all found dead in trespasses and dead in sins; therefore it was God's free mercy to you, manifested through Christ, in whom ye were commanded to believe; and, having believed by the power of the Holy Spirit, ye received, and were sealed by, the Holy Spirit of promise; so that this salvation is in no sense of yourselves, but is the free gift of God; and not of any kind of works; so that no man can boast as having wrought out his own salvation, or even contributed any thing towards it. By grace arc ye saved, through faith in Christ. This is a true doctrine, and continues to be essential to the salvation of man to the end of the world.

But whether are we to understand, faith or salvation as being the gift of God? This question is answered by the Greek text: τηγαρ χαριτι εστε σεσωσμενοι δια της πιστεωςκαι τουτο ουκ εξ υμωνΘεου το δωρονουκ εξ εργωνινα μη τις καυχησηται "By this grace ye are saved through faith; and This ( τουτο , this salvation) not of you; it is the gift of God, not of works: so that no one can boast." "The relative τουτο , this, which is in the neuter gender, cannot stand for πιστις , faith, which is the feminine; but it has the whole sentence that goes before for its antecedent." But it may be asked: Is not faith the gift of God? Yes, as to the grace by which it is produced; but the grace or power to believe, and the act of believing, are two different things. Without the grace or power to believe no man ever did or can believe; but with that power the act of faith is a man's own. God never believes for any man, no more than he repents for him: the penitent, through this grace enabling him, believes for himself: nor does he believe necessarily, or impulsively when he has that power; the power to believe may be present long before it is exercised, else, why the solemn warnings with which we meet every where in the word of God, and threatenings against those who do not believe? Is not this a proof that such persons have the power but do not use it? They believe not, and therefore are not established. This, therefore, is the true state of the case: God gives the power, man uses the power thus given, and brings glory to God: without the power no man can believe; with it, any man may.

There is only one criteria, believe.

1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Matthew 21:25 The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
Believe or believe not, God knows.

John 16:31-33 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe? Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

How do we believe? "By the faith of Jesus Christ".

Romans 3:26-28 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/5/30 0:13Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re:

I posted my response on a new thread, found here:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23780&post_id=186853&order=0&viewmode=thread&pid=0&forum=36#186853

2008/5/30 4:50Profile
whyme

Re:

Logic, if you will tell me God's criteria in the creation of created things then I will tell you His criteria in the creation of the elect.

2008/5/30 7:51Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
whyme wrote:
Logic, if you will tell me God's criteria in the creation of created things then I will tell you His criteria in the creation of the elect.

Do you mean, what is God's criteria for choosing to create everything?

Good question, if that is what your asking. Let me know if it is.
Thanx

2008/5/30 9:13Profile
DesiJr

Re:

1 Corinthians 2:5
"5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God."

Arrogance and vanity in demanding that He answer our "why's".

Job 23:4
4 I would present my case before Him,
And fill my mouth with arguments.

Job 38:1-4,17, 38
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:
2 “Who is this who darkens counsel
By words without knowledge?
3 Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me. 4 “ Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.
17 Have the gates of death been revealed to you? Or have you seen the doors of the shadow of death?"
36 Who has put wisdom in the mind? Or who has given understanding to the heart?

Job 40:1-2
1 Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said:
2 “Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it.”

Job 41:11
11 Who has preceded Me, that I should pay him?
Everything under heaven is Mine.

Our Father is Holy and Perfect. He has given us a mind and a desire to seek Wisdom. Do not frustrate the Spirit of God in vain babblings.

Proverbs 3:7
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.

1 Peter 3:11-12
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.”

Philippians 4:7
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Brothers & Sisters,
Keep your hearts focus on the Truth of God, Jesus Christ. This is true wisdom and true knowledge. Seek to walk humbly before our Father who has graced us with the knowledge of His Glory by the Holy Spirit. Do not be high-minded, but with a contrite heart, surrender to His Spirit, and esteem one another above yourself. I pray that every one of our thoughts and words would manifest the fruit of the Grace and Mercy that God has freely given to us.

www.HeGaveMeLife.com

2008/5/30 10:52Profile
whyme

Re:

Logic, you have the right question.

2008/5/30 13:05Profile
boG

Las Vegas, NV

Re: election

Job is not talking about presenting his case before God about why God gives salvation to whom He will. Job is talking about his afflictions because he finds no condemnation in his heart against God.

Why are you all screaming "dissembler!" when the man is asking no more than "how does one receive salvation?"

If you say, "Believe in Jesus." Then explain this statement.

Example, 1 John 5:12, "He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life."

So then, how does one get the Son?

And, please, don't just say, "Believe in Jesus." We have already established this as truth. If you can't explain this by the wisdom of faith that works out its salvation with fear and trepidation, then, please, leave the answer to someone else.

By the way, I am confused by this line of questioning whyme.

Quote:
If you will tell me God's criteria in the creation of created things then I will tell you His criteria in the creation of the elect.

Creation as a whole is created as God was pleased to so make it. The distinction here is that man is capable of displeasing God, and the universe is not. Are you intending to correlate God's creation of created things to His criteria of who will be received into heaven or hell?

If so, I will be interested to hear what you have to say.

2008/5/31 0:58Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

h 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

How do we get Jesus?

Believe that He is the Son of God and you will be saved and born again by the Incorruptable Seed of God the Father.

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

I don't know how to say it or what you have in mind to say, but "Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is Born of God", and that is the greatest hope of glory we can have. "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

We cannot be son's of God without Gods Seed, A Father's Seed in us and Jesus Christ is that Seed, just like He was in Mary by the Holy Spirit, so also are we and we give Him a body, where He can do greater things through each of us being many and being His Body the Church, than what He has already done, as He promised.

John 3:15-18 That whosoever (((believeth))) in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever (((believeth))) in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that (((believeth))) on him is not condemned: but he that (((believeth))) not is condemned already, because he hath not (((believed))) in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Quote: If you say, "Believe in Jesus." Then explain this statement.

Example, 1 John 5:12, "He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life."

So then, how does one get the Son?

Believe that He is who He say He is and the Father will birth the Son in us, thus becoming son's of God by rebirth.-------Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

"His Seed remaineth in him"-------1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and He cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Christ cannot sin and He remains in us.

Forgive me if I don't understand your question.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/5/31 5:44Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Christinyou wrote:
How do we get Jesus?

Believe that He is the Son of God and you will be saved and born again by the Incorruptable Seed of God the Father.

[b]This answer [size=medium]is[/size] one of the criteria.[/b]
Good Job!!!
[b]However[/b], you turn around a say this In the "The More Excellent Way" thread:
Quote:
Faith in Christ, given by the Father that we might believe.

The contrast to this is:
Faith in Christ, [b]NOT[/b] given by the Father that some can't believe.
This begs the question, what is the criteria for God to choose whom to give faith?

[b]So[/b], eather your answer is wrong because of your theology is correct
[size=medium][b]OR[/b][/size]
your answer is correct and your theology is wrong.

Which is it, is the answer correct, or your theology, you can't have both correct.

2008/5/31 10:09Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
whyme wrote:
Logic, if you will tell me God's criteria in the creation of created things then I will tell you His criteria in the creation of the elect./quote][b]what is God's criteria for choosing to create everything?[/b]

If I may quote another for your answer:
"Creation as a whole is created as God was pleased to so make it.
The distinction here is that man is capable of displeasing God, and the universe is not."

Now, tell me His criteria in the creation of the elect as you said you would.
Thanx.

2008/5/31 10:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy