SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : WARNING about VIDEOs - Urban

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
I do not think the warnings here are given so that we should fear the power of the enemy or not take confidence in God.

I agree 110% but none the less they still may and can have such an effect, especially upon those who are weaker in the faith - like I said - just trying to bring balance - not to come against or discredit.

Quote:
A disciplined soldier does not take it upon himself to fight everywhere and at all times, just because he can, and can prevail. A wandering soldier like that might find himself fighting against his own Commander unawares.

Again I agree 110% - we must not go rushing into battle unless we are [b]SENT[/b] by God - but if the battle come to us we are already the victors through faith in the victory of the finished work of Christ on the cross

Patrick
www.revivalarmy.com

2008/5/11 19:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Run

[i]I do not think the warnings here are given so that we should fear the power of the enemy or not take confidence in God.[/i]

Quote:
I agree 110% but none the less they still may and can have such an effect, especially upon those who are weaker in the faith

Brother,

It is those that the aim of the warnings are for primarily. The emphasis needs to be upon the damage that can be done and I do not know of a better representation than what mackaymarsh replied. Not to the same degree myself but many others have been through this mill and I have harped on the repercussions, the ramifications for years here. That is the great problem with this ... it goes on and on, sometimes for years after the thing dies down. I concur wholeheartedly with what is being warned of even taking this into ones system. We have to dislodge ourselves from where we may be today and peel back the years to when we were young and susceptible. I bought it in a great measure, many have, sincere and zealous and wanting to believe everything was "Of God". The onus needs to be on these leaders and yes I find it greatly paradoxical that those that ought to know better do not, carry it on, spread it, embrace it, promote it. They themselves are greatly deceived and would to God someone would indeed stand up in their midst and as was stated, denounce the whole thing in the strongest, most gut retching and heartfelt possible way.

No brother, hearing you all the same, the damage can be subtle, even the more mature of us can be caught unaware or unduly touched by the contagion. It is not a matter of strength but of keeping things from defiling our spirits.

2008/5/11 20:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: No

Quote:
Discerning The Signs and Wonders

AbideinHim,

This is no time to be giving place to doubt or 'possibilities'. If this idea of a mixture is true, we have both;

Gal 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

As well as a matter of emphasis or balance to deal with. If this was a true revival with overtones of excess, which are often seen in true revivals, it might be one matter, "War on the Saints" was written towards this very thing. This is far beyond out of balance to even consider what good is in it.

Quote:
God is sending a fresh wind of His Spirit across the world in this season of change ...

Nonsense. This is the vernacular that is never backed up with anything but sweet sounding sentiments and is trotted out year after year from these self proclaimed prophetic types.

Avail yourself of all that has been brought forward and I pray you are mature enough to both see through it as well as beg off of it when it becomes grievous enough.

Ironically and appallingly, this;

Quote:
Alcoholics and drug addicts are being set free and coming to Jesus.

And rather that, it is yet another contortion and dare I say celebration of being 'drunk in the spirit'.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23445&forum=35&0]Not drunken, as ye suppose[/url]

2008/5/11 21:04Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

As I said to watch for the sake of watching is wrong as it is a waste of time and most certainly we should denounce these things and warn against sure terrible deception. But such warnings as this that can be damaging to ones faith and gives the enemy credit and power where it is not due, instead of sticking to the Scriptural warnings of deception at hand and focusing on the victory of Christ are wrong on there own and need to brought back into balance. Sorry if you disagree.

{edit} As I said I am not coming against the original post, trying to discredit it or even disagreeing with it per-say, or saying that we should be watching these video - we should not - but rather I was trying to bring it into balance {edit}

Re-read the my original post and see if you get a clearer understand of what I am trying to say. Whatchman Nee talks a great deal on this very subject. I'll post some of his articles for your consideration.

God bless,

Patrick

www.revivalarmy.com

2008/5/11 21:09Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again all,

"A wandering soldier like that..."

I'm sorry to take up anymore space here but I want to appologise for this comment. I don't think it was right coming from me. I don't want to seem to be something that I'm not, or somehow super spiritual as they say. I'm sorry.

I wish you all much grace,

Chris

2008/5/11 21:19Profile

Re:

Yes I to agree that we must refrain from indulging our flesh in watching these video's. My wife came in the bedroom one evening while I was watching a few minutes of this on gods tv, she chastened me quickly with a strong rebuke. She told me, you know this is not good, why do you give him the air time and ratings?! You are partaking in something that is not from God! I was mad and hurt, like a dog with his tail between his legs! :-) But the more I thought about and especially reading this post I realized she was right. God used my wife to speak to me.

I have taken the videos off my blog and deleted the whole post. I don't think I even want to entertain it anymore! It has been exposed for what it is already, anything further would just be redundant and a waste of time for me.

Blessings

2008/5/11 22:39

Re:

Quote:

reformer wrote:
Yes I to agree that we must refrain from indulging our flesh in watching these video's. My wife came in the bedroom one evening while I was watching a few minutes of this on gods tv, she chastened me quickly with a strong rebuke. She told me, you know this is not good, why do you give him the air time and ratings?! You are partaking in something that is not from God! I was mad and hurt, like a dog with his tail between his legs! :-) But the more I thought about and especially reading this post I realized she was right. God used my wife to speak to me.

I have taken the videos off my blog and deleted the whole post. I don't think I even want to entertain it anymore! It has been exposed for what it is already, anything further would just be redundant and a waste of time for me.

Blessings

I will repeat on more time what posted when these videos of Bentley first started coming up.

What did Jesus do, when this happened. John said Jesus "there is some people casting out demons in your name." Here is what Jesus said.
Mark 9:38-39
38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
KJV

I don't understand all of this Bentley stuff and I don't approve of Bentley's ear rings, just quoting Jesus. Jesus did not say go join him. They made the safe call and stayed with Jesus.

Jesus had this stuff all around him and it did not hinder his purpose. Shortly after this event he was dealing with the Pharisees again about marriage and the law.

2008/5/11 23:12

Re:

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
Quote:

reformer wrote:

Blessings

I will repeat on more time what posted when these videos of Bentley first started coming up.

What did Jesus do, when this happened. John said Jesus "there is some people casting out demons in your name." Here is what Jesus said.
Mark 9:38-39
38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
KJV

I don't understand all of this Bentley stuff and I don't approve of Bentley's ear rings, just quoting Jesus. Jesus did not say go join him. They made the safe call and stayed with Jesus.

Jesus had this stuff all around him and it did not hinder his purpose. Shortly after this event he was dealing with the Pharisees again about marriage and the law.

Moe Mac, if I am understanding you correctly, you believe we should not hinder this man, because he is "healing" people? You are justifying this scripture to explain away what he is doing...is an actual work of the Lord?

If I miss understanding what you are saying, explain further that I may be clear on this..thanks :-)

2008/5/12 8:31

Re:

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=20453]Revival Experiences: Slain in the Spirit....Greg Gordon[/url][/b]

2008/5/12 9:16
healing2day

Re: WARNING about VIDEOs - Urban

The Lord suffered me last night to bear the weight of my own foolish heart by watching these filthy videos out of curiosity.

Knowing already that such a revival is no revival at all I took it upon myself to watch nonetheless.

I can only testify that Josef Urban is right.

These videos bring a power of darkness that must be fought off by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

As I lay myself down to sleep the vilest faces and words were placed on a screen on the corridors of my mind and my physical body was jolted several times with what seemed like an ungodly electricity .

I repent before the entire Body and and ask the Lord to forgive my foolish heart for even watching these demonic videos.

I will never again look at such things as they bring nothing more than the presence of devils.

2008/5/12 10:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy