SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Cross and the Switchblade as a Witnessing tool?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

The Cross and the Switchblade as a Witnessing tool?

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody out there has ever handed out copies of David Wilkerson's "The Cross and the Switchblade" as a witnessing/evangelism tool? The thought occurred to me to do so today. I went ahead and purchased 10 copies on Amazon.com for 4.99 a piece. Amazon also offers a 25% discount on this book for every 4 you buy. I'm thinking of handing them out in a rather bad part of town filled with drugs/alcohol/prostitution/gangs/etc.

Any thoughts?

2008/5/10 22:34Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: The Cross and the Switchblade as a Witnessing tool?

Hi KingJimmy...

You can get a "student edition" of [i]The Cross and the Switchblade[/i] from David Wilkerson's ministry [url=http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/tslit.html]for $1.10 per copy[/url]. I have purchased quite a few copies and handed them to people that I though might read it. It was a wonderful story...and a great evangelical tool. In my opinion, it is a lot like a tract. The book is inspiring and filled with Scripture.

May the Lord bless you mightily in this endeavor!

:-)

2008/5/10 23:18Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Wow, a student edition! Is it the full blown version?

2008/5/11 9:00Profile

Re:

I think it's an excellent idea. What a testimony.

I would stop short of trying to use the movie (with Pat Boone and Eric Estrada) as a witnessing tool tho... it's a very cheesy movie. I remember a church here showed it when I was a teenager back in the 80's, and one of my aunts dragged me to it. My buddies and I laughed at it all the way thru. (This was a long time before I was saved)

Krispy

2008/5/12 7:23
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi KingJimmy...

Quote:
Wow, a student edition! Is it the full blown version?

As far as I know, I didn't see a difference in the book except for the cover art and the words "Not for Retale" printed near the bottom. I've probably purchased more copies of [i]The Cross and the Switchblade[/i] than I can count, and I always seem to give or loan them to others. In fact, I don't even have a copy anymore! Maybe I should order one too.

BTW, I think that the cover art that is used for the Student Edition is the same cover that was used during the 1990s in the regular edition. I have tended to give these books to people who I thought would read it (since it is a [u]book[/u]). This includes nonChristians and baby Christians alike. I've seen wonderful results from both.

Again, may the Lord guide you in this!

:-)

2008/5/12 10:43Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I look forward to buying some more copies. I'm going to start out with 10 and see what happens from there. Too bad I already purchased some copies from Amazon!

2008/5/12 22:18Profile
HeartSong

Re: The Cross and the Switchblade as a Witnessing tool?

Praise God for David Wilkerson!

I just finished reading "The Cross and The Switch Blade" - it is amazing how God uses this man to bring me enlightenment. His "World Challenge" ( www.worldchallenge.org ) newsletters are also a constant source of encouragement and information applicable to the day that they are read.

From where I sit, anyone receiving a copy of this book should be blessed . . .

2008/5/15 21:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy