SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thoughts on my new tract? (before I print 5000!)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: Thoughts on my new tract? (before I print 5000!)

Quote:

theopenlife wrote:
I revised my "Fruits" tract, also known as the "Jamba Juice Coupon". It is aimed at false converts but should be useful to anyone. Your thoughts are appreciated, as I gear up to print 5000 of these.

View it here:
[url="http://theopenlife.blogspot.com/2008/05/revised-fruits-tract.html"]http://theopenlife.blogspot.com/2008/05/revised-fruits-tract.html[/url]

Thank you very much, your thoughts will be considered carefully.

PS: If anyone wants this template, I'll send it to you. I print through AmericasPrinter.com. Much cheaper than purchasing tracts from most places.

Hello,
I just wanted to comment that your tract has the same message that Paul took to the churches. If it was good enough then, we can be assured it will work now. Basically, you are saying the same thing to us about the word. Here is the message read it and send it on for others to read. Sometimes Paul spoke it with verbal words and at other times he wrote with a large pen writing.
Also wanted to comment, that if anyone doesn't like your tract, all they have to do, is just not ask for the tract and make their own tract. If they don't approve of tracts, don't use them. If they think they can speak the message verbally better, that's great. Go speak life to the people. Your tract is a message of hope. Christ' ambassadors aways has a message of hope.
Please send me the template.
Bless you brother.

2008/5/14 8:51
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

NotMe, in your opinion, what are the approved ways to witness to people in mass? How do you witness to those that do not want to be witnessed to, but may take a tract out of curiosity? Do you give them the tract and pray that the Lord breaks in on them, or do you forgo giving them the tract because there is no one on one mentorship/question and answer session?

We need to be doing anything and everything that we can to spread the gospel. Most people that you witness are hostile to it to begin with. Some are threatened by a strong brother or sister in Christ. Sometimes a "little piece of paper" can talk so much more then 10,000 words spoken.

Blessings all.

2008/5/14 12:02Profile
theopenlife

Re:

NotMe said,

Quote:
I am crying out against the spirit of that [tract].

Please explain what exactly is the spirit of the tract, and small scripture messages in general, which you dislike?

I warn you as well that of the men who we consider true examples of the faith - men such as Adoniram Judson, Hudson Taylor, David Brainerd, Spurgeon, Whitefield and Wesley - almost none that I can think of have been "lead by the Spirit" to reject the use of gospel literature.

I am still confused about how came to the conclusion that God is not sovereign over both the distribution of literature and over the work of His Spirit upon the readers? What may appear random to you is not random to God.

Jesus spoke to multitudes, many of which saw him not more than a single week of their entire lives. Philip explained the gospel just once to an Ethiopian and then vanished. I hope to give my tracts to deaf people, and Lord willing, if I spend more time with them, I hope they see daily that I take no confidence in my works, but in the finished work of Christ.

2008/5/14 20:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy