SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Israel at 60

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
davym

Israel at 60

It's Israel's 60th anniversary. 60 eventful years. There is some good historical analysis on BBC website which is worth a read.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/middle_east/2008/israel_at_60/default.stm]Israel at 60[/url]

I was recently out in Israel doing a tour with a Christian organisation and saw all the sites e.g. Dead Sea, Jerusalem,En Gedi, Sea of Galilee. I also had the privilege of meeting Israeli settlers in the West Bank and soldiers in the Golan Heights. It is a wonderful country. To see what they've achieved over a 60 year period is phenomenal (albeit with the help of the US) e.g their agricultural techniques are state of the art.

Clearly they are surrounded in enemies although Jordan has co-operated in many industrial and agricultural projects with Israel and the peace treaty is strong. However, Iran and Syria loom and the Hezbollah are still active. The Palestinian situation seems to become more complicated as time goes on.

Looking at the Israeli situation through the eyes of faith I feel it is clear regarding our Lord's return - It's closer than we think!

2008/5/8 6:20Profile
Forgiven2001

Re: Israel at 60

Here Here Bro got saved in 2001 and goin too ISRAEL again in july just my wife and I that will be 4 times in 5 years I love Jesus, his apple of his eye and his blessed country Praise the LORD every believer should go at least once to see and be apart of the roots of our faith.

2008/5/20 15:31Profile

Re: Israel at 60

Amen brother, only Jesus can remove the veil and the scaless off of eyes and enable one to see. Just like the Pharisee many are trying to do it through self righteous acts. Not to say that Jesus does not make one a creation in Him, give us a new name, cause us speak with a new(different) tongue. The Holy Spirit living within us cause us to want Him to have supremacy in everything.
Gal 2:20-21

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
KJV

I have not been to the nation of Israel, but I would imagine it is a joyful experience.

2008/5/20 16:28

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy