SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : J. I. Packer Quits Anglican Church of Canada

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 J. I. Packer Quits Anglican Church of Canada

[b]J. I. Packer Quits Anglican Church of Canada[/b]

J.I. Packer, one of the world's most renowned evangelical theologians, left the Anglican Church of Canada, citing "poisonous liberalism" in the church body.

Packer, 81, who was named one of the 25 most influential evangelicals in the world by Time magazine in 2005, quit the Canadian arm of the global Anglican Communion with 10 other B.C. Anglican clergy last week, he said, according to The Vancouver Sun. They joined the more conservative and orthodox Province of the Southern Cone in South America.

The Oxford-trained theologian said he can no longer serve under Vancouver-area Bishop Michael Ingham, arguing that he "appears heretical." Ingham had sanctioned in 2002 same-sex blessings in the British Columbia diocese of New Westminster, sparking international uproar.

In recent years, 28 parishes have voted to split from the Anglican Church of Canada, citing the denomination's departure from ...

read more: www.christianpost.com

2008/4/30 13:00Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: J. I. Packer Quits Anglican Church of Canada

I thank God that there are still men and woman that will not succumb to the ways of the world and are willing to break from something that has turned to evil.

2008/4/30 13:18Profile
psalm1

Re: J. I. Packer Quits Anglican Church of Canada

Lotta shaking going on!

Quote;
In recent years, 28 parishes have voted to split from the Anglican Church of Canada, citing the denomination's departure from ...

David

2008/4/30 17:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy