SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on An Introduction to Charles G. Finney

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on An Introduction to Charles G. Finney

NOTE there is a 25 person limit for each event.

If you have any questions or comments on this event please ask them in this thread.

NOTE: All seminars are free and have a seating capacity of 25 people. Registerants are based on a first come first serve basis. You must provide a notice 24 hours before cancelling your appearance to this seminar.

You can now Sign-up for Live Seminars with various guest speakers on SermonIndex. The atmosphere of the seminar will be similar to an online classroom model where you can ask questions, raise hand, even if allowed communicate back using audio/video. This will allow many from across the world to hear and benefit meeting various Christian speakers that otherwise would not be possible. Another facet of the Seminars will be to disciple and build up the body of believers that are fellowshiping in the SermonIndex community.
If you have additional questions or comments about the Live Seminar feature please either post them in the SermonIndex.net Support Forum Section or the Contact Us Form. If you are a pastor, speaker, leader and would like to be able to run a seminar please contact us with your information for consideration.

An Introduction to Charles G. Finney
Speaker: Robert Wurtz II
Date: Thursday, June 24th
Time: 9:00 pm EST (1 hour)
Description: Neither of his parents were religious, and among his neighbors there were very few religious people. He seldom heard a sermon unless it was from some unlearned preacher whom the people would leave with irrepressible laughter after enduring his sermons. It was from this setting that God raised up a root out of a dry ground. A man that would later coin these compelling words; “Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict determined to win or die- or if need be, to win and die!

2004/6/21 14:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: SEMINAR: Robert Wurtz II on An Introduction to Charles G. Finney

I am very much looking forward to this Live Seminar tonight, if you have been blesed by the ministry of the late Charles Finney or have never heard of this great american revivalist I encourage you to signup for this Live event tonight. Once you register beforehand you will recieve an email with a link to get into the live meeting at 9:00pm EST tonight.

2004/6/24 14:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here are the notes that Robert Wurtz II will be lecturing on. It would be good to print these off ahead of time to refer to or you can just refer to them online:

---

AN INTRODUCTION TO CHARLES G. FINNEY
Compiled By: Robert Wurtz II

FROM BIRTH THROUGH CHILDHOOD

In the times of declension that have seized upon our nations throughout the centuries, God has always had a voice to raise up and call the people back to fear and love their God. When the fires of passion for God die out and the candlestick of their anointing is near to be removed- God will start a fire. Not just any fire, but one burning with a holy zeal crying out, “May I burn up for thee!” Charles Grandison Finney was one such person. The fires of the Great Awakening lighted by the likes of Jonathon Edwards, John Whitfield, and John Wesley were dying down to a smoldering ember. The years of bygone revivals were loosing their foothold and becoming a memory. As these men would eventually go on to meet their Lord- God had His next yielded servant waiting in the wings.

Roughly a year had passed since the death of John Wesley, and on August 29, 1972 Charles G. Finney was born in Warren, Connecticut as a descendant of the New England Puritans. When he was about two years old, his father moved the family to Oneida County, New York. Neither of his parents was religious, and among his neighbors there were very few religious people. He seldom heard a sermon, unless it was an occasional one from some traveling minister who was ill equipped to reach the hearts of such a cold people. There were very few Christian books he could glean from.

Bro. Finney told in his biography of the terrible ways in which sermons were delivered by the traveling preachers when he was a child. The people would often go home and laugh at what was said. But I doubt that anyone ever went out of Bro. Finney’s meeting laughing. When the people have so lost faith in the ministers of the day that they could laugh them to scorn- its time for REVIVAL!

THE YEARS OF LEARNING

Just when a meetinghouse was built in Bro. Finney’s neighborhood and a pastor brought in his father moved again. This time, to the wilderness skirting the southern shore of Lake Ontario. Here he lived for several years with no more exposure to Christianity than he had experienced in Oneida County. When he was about twenty years old he traveled to New Jersey near New York City, where he worked as a teacher. Charles Finney was primarily self-taught. He returned to New England twice to attend high school. Bro. Finney had a tutor that was a graduate from Yale University. He wanted to attend Yale also, but the tutor advised him that it would be a waste of time and that he could study on his own and complete their curriculum in two years as opposed to four at the University. As a result he ceased to pursue his education any further at that time. Charles Finney would later study Latin, Greek, and Hebrew, but in his own words, “was never a classical scholar.”

The tutor wanted him to help run an academy in one of the Southern States. He was about to accept his offer, but when he informed his parents, whom he had not seen for four years; they both immediately came after him and convinced me to go home with them to Jefferson County, New York. Thus he became a student in the law office of Squire W in Adams, Jefferson County. This was in 1818. Charles Finney was roughly 26 years old.

THE SEARCHING YEARS

At this time Bro. Finney began the study of law in the office of Squire Wright, of Adams, near his old home in Western New York. At Adams, while studying law, he attended the Presbyterian Church. In his own words he said he knew about as much about Christianity as the heathen. The pastor, George W. Gale, was an able and highly educated man. His preaching gained the attention of Finney, although to his keen and logical mind it seemed like a mass of absurdities and contradictions. It was while studying law and attending church at Adams that Finney became interested in Bible study. He found many references to the Scriptures in his law books, so he decided to buy himself a Bible and began a personal study of it. He had many conversations with Pastor George Gale, but they could rarely agree on any point of doctrine. In his autobiography Bro. Finney writes, “Pastor Gale was thoroughly Calvinistic, and whenever he came out with doctrine, which he seldom did, he would preach what has been called hyper-Calvinism. He was, of course, regarded as highly orthodox; but I didn't get much out of his preaching. As I sometimes told him, he seemed to begin in the middle, and to assume many things that I thought needed to be proved. He seemed to take it for granted that his hearers were theologians, and to assume they understood all the great and fundamental doctrines of the Gospel. I must say that I was more perplexed than helped by his preaching.”

There was something that Charles Finney noticed about the people at church; there prayers we never answered. Until this time he had never lived where he could attend a prayer meeting. He would go to the prayer meetings and listen to the prayers. When the prayers seemed not to be answered he was troubled and it made a bad impression of Christianity upon him at the time. Painfully honest at times, he was once asked by them if they could pray for him. He did not allow them because he did not see that their prayers were answered. He declared, “You have prayed enough since I have attended these meetings to have prayed the devil out of Adams, if there is any virtue in your prayers. But here you are praying on, and complaining still.”

But in spite of all these things, he became more and more concerned about his own soul. He felt that if there was a life beyond the grave he was not prepared for it. He continues in his autobiography, “But as I read my Bible and attended the prayer meetings, heard Mr. Gale preach, and spoke with him and others, I became very restless. I became convinced that I was in no state to go to heaven if I died. It seemed to me that there must be something in religion that was of infinite importance; and I decided that if the soul was immortal I needed a great change inside me to make it into heaven. But still my mind was not made up as to whether Christianity was true or not. However, the question was too important to leave alone. I was particularly struck with the fact that the prayers I had listened to from week to week were not being answered, that I could see. When I read my Bible I learned what Christ had said about prayer, and answers to prayer: "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." I also read what Christ said - that God is more willing to give His Holy Spirit to them that ask Him, than earthly parents are to give good gifts to their children. I heard them pray continually for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, and then confess that they did not receive what they asked for.”

THE DAY OF SALVATION

On a Sunday evening in autumn 1821 Charles Finney made up his mind that he would settle the question of his soul's salvation. He began to focus entirely upon it. He had consistently attended local prayer meetings and continued going to church while in Adams. Finney was always concerned that people would know he was searching for salvation. When he prayed he would at times whisper his prayers lest anyone hear them. In his own words, Charles Finney confessed that he had been ashamed to be seen or reading his bible before his true conversion. Finally after some number of days he conviction overtook him and he snuck off to the woods to seek the Lord, looking over his shoulder as he went for fear someone was following him. The night before he feared slipping into hell if at once he could likely die. He found a place to pray outside of town in the middle of some fallen trees. Charles Finney describes the scene in his own words, “I ducked in there and knelt down to pray. As I had turned to go up into the woods, I remember saying, "I will give my heart to God, or I never will come down from there." I repeated this on the way up: "I will give my heart to God before I ever come down again. But when I attempted to pray I found that my heart would not pray. I had assumed that if I could only find a place where I could speak aloud, without being overheard, I could pray freely. But when I came to try, I was dumb; that is, I had nothing to say to God. I could only say a few words, and those without heart. In attempting to pray I would hear a rustling in the leaves, and would stop and look up to see if somebody was coming. I did this several times. Finally I found myself verging on despair. I said to myself, "I cannot pray. My heart is dead to God and will not pray." I was kicking myself for having promised to give my heart to God before I left the woods. When I came to try, I found I could not give my heart to God. My inward soul hung back, and there was no going out of my heart to God. I began to feel that it was too late; that God must have given me up and I was past hope.”

Charles Finney had a revelation of his pride when he noticed himself always looking to see who might be watching him. Finally at the top of his voice he said, “I would not leave this place if all the men on earth and all the devils in hell surrounded me.” He continued, "What!" I said, "such a degraded sinner as me, on my knees confessing my sins to a holy God; and ashamed to have any human being find me on my knees before Him!" The sin appeared awful, infinite. It broke me down before the Lord.”

Then the scripture came to mind: "You will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart." He instantly took hold of this passage and trusted Christ. He had intellectually believed the Bible before, but now he was genuinely saved. He continues, “I was suddenly conscious of trusting at that moment in God's trustworthiness. Somehow I knew that that was a passage of Scripture, though I do not think I had ever read it. I knew that it was God's word, and God's voice, as it were, that spoke to me. I cried to Him, "Lord, I take you at your word. You know that I am searching for you with all my heart, and that I have come here to pray to you; and you have promised to hear me."

I WILL PREACH THE GOSPEL

Charles Finney had prayed with such earnestness that he did not realize that he was already heading out of the woods. The thought that he was actually transformed did not occur to him, he simply said to himself, "If I am ever converted, I will preach the Gospel."

He would soon reach the road that led to the village, and began thinking about what had just happened. He noticed that the mind and heart that were just tormented with feelings of conviction were quiet and peaceful. He said to himself, "What is this? I must have grieved the Holy Spirit entirely away. I have lost all my conviction. I don't have one bit of concern about my soul; The Spirit must have left me." He continued, “It seemed like I had never been so unconcerned about my own salvation in my life. Then I remembered what I had said to God while I was on my knees - that I would take Him at his word. In fact I remembered a whole lot of things that I had said, and concluded that it was no wonder the Spirit had left me. For such a sinner to take hold of God's Word in that way must surely be presumption if not blasphemy. I concluded that in my excitement I had grieved the Holy Spirit, and perhaps committed the unpardonable sin.”

G. Frederick Wright in his biography of Charles Finney sums up the first hours of his conversion. He writes, “On returning to the town, he found that the whole forenoon had passed away. But he had no appetite for dinner, and, instead of going to his boarding-house, went to his office, where in the quiet of the noontide hour he took down his bass viol, and began to play and sing some of the hymns with which in his impenitence he had so often led the worship of the congregation. Every note brought tears to his eyes. And, after making several ineffectual attempts to suppress his feelings, he put aside his music, and devoted himself during the afternoon to readjusting the books and furniture of the office, having little conversation with any of the various persons who came in.”

As we read the final accounts of Finney’s conversion we are left to ask ourselves if we can recall the hour we first believed> Charles Finney never forgot the great details of his conversion and spoke of them as an old man as though they had happened the day before.

Finney spoke of the glorious baptism in the Holy Spirit. Frederick continues, “It was an experience he was not looking for, and of which he did not remember ever to have heard before. It seemed to him as if there was a positive force like electricity entering and penetrating his whole system. He "wept aloud with joy and love," and, to use his own words, "literally bellowed out the unutterable gushings" of his heart. So overwhelming were these waves of feeling, that he cried out, "Lord, I cannot bear any more; I shall die if these continue." The joy that Finney felt did not leave, but was fresh in the morning. And so characterized the life of the man who would become one of the great preachers of all times. In America, Charles Finney is considered the father of modern revivalism with over 500,000 conversions resulting from his ministry. Historians claim that in many ways, Finney laid a well-paved road for mass evangelists who would come after him—Dwight L. Moody, Billy Sunday, and Billy Graham. No doubt his influence on America was profound. He got men thinking about morals and ethics again. He stood against slavery and other issues in his day. He caused Christians to realize that if they were to be legitimate Christians they needed to live right. He had his share of enemies and problems. He suffered the loss of two daughters and was well acquainted with many physical sufferings. His revivals and theologies have made a profound effect on our lives today and we call learn even more still as we read his works and seek the God He met and served all the remaining days of his life.

Notes:

1 CHARLES G. FINNEY A Brief Biography J. Gilchrist Lawson, Evangelist
Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians. 1911
2 Charles Finney “revival” The Essential Revivals In His Own Words. Edited by A. Strom
3 A BIOGRAPHY OF CHARLES GRANDISON FINNEY. G. FREDERICK WRIGHT, D.D., LL.D. 1891
4 A Mighty Winner of Souls CHARLES G. FINNEY A STUDY IN EVANGELISM written by
FRANK GRENVILLE BEARDSLEY, Ph.D., S.T.D. Author of History of American Revivals, etc.
C. 1937 AMERICAN TRACT SOCIETY
5 http://www.intouch.org/myintouch/mighty/portraits/charles_finney_213683.html

2004/6/24 15:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Looking over this notes it seems like its going to be an very interesting time delving into the early life of Charles Finney, there are still some spots so you can register now for the 9:00pm EST start-time. Once you register you will recieve the link in your email. This seminar is totally free no cost whatsoever.

2004/6/24 17:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is the audio piece for the Live Seminar that took place tonight:

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4238]An Introduction to Charles G. Finney with Robert Wurtz II[/url][/b] - [i]Neither of his parents were religious, and among his neighbors there were very few religious people. He seldom heard a sermon unless it was from some unlearned preacher whom the people would leave with irrepressible laughter after enduring his sermons. It was from this setting that God raised up a root out of a dry ground. A man that would later coin these compelling words; “Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict determined to win or die- or if need be, to win and die![/i]

2004/6/24 22:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is the audio transcription of the Live Seminar:

---

Meet ASAP
Date: Thu Jun 24 20:57:52 GMT-0400 2004
Click Here for Meeting Details

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
++Robert Wurtz II has entered the meeting.

Greg Gordon says:
hi brother robert

Greg Gordon says:
yes I can hear you fine

Greg Gordon says:
wait

++James Gabriel Gondai Dziya has entered the meeting.

Greg Gordon says:
Hi James

James Gabriel Gondai Dziya says:
Hello there

Greg Gordon says:
we are still waiting on a few more

Robert Wurtz II says:
Praise God

Amen

I was looking forward to this one, i frantically ate dinner to get here on time

Greg Gordon says:
:) hehe I ran from a meeting

hahah

I have not heard much about Mr Finney

Greg Gordon says:
I have read his full autobio graphy

Greg Gordon says:
this is going to be a great meeting

Robert Wurtz II says:
Bro. Greg will be fielding questions :)

Oh yeah.

Robert Wurtz II says:
Perhaps

I'd love to hear about that

Greg Gordon says:
:)

Greg Gordon says:
robert wurtz is the modern charles finney well kinda

Greg Gordon says:
maybe the Lord will annoint him :)

Yes

Greg Gordon says:
well you sound like him right?

hahaha

Greg Gordon says:
lol

Greg Gordon says:
do you want to start the meeting?

Greg Gordon says:
yes!

Greg Gordon says:
amen

amen

Amen

Greg Gordon says:
AMEN!

Greg Gordon says:
seminar notes here: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2329&forum=12

Thank you

Greg Gordon says:
yes!

God always has someone- Romans 11:4But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

Greg Gordon says:
yes! exactly

Greg Gordon says:
amen!

Yes sir

Greg Gordon says:
yes thats very interesting.

1 Corinthians 2 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

Greg Gordon says:

...verse 1

Greg Gordon says:
he actually was a good speaker, he was studying to be a lawyer

hmmm

Greg Gordon says:
but he didnt utilize those powers of speech in his preaching

Greg Gordon says:
God moved apart from his words

Greg Gordon says:
!!

That's profound

Greg Gordon says:
yes no unbelief!

Greg Gordon says:
believing prayer!

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed

++Mike Balog has entered the meeting.

Thats a very human picture

Greg Gordon says:
brother Mike!

I can rekate

relate

Greg Gordon says:
finneys salvation right now

Hello there

Mike Balog says:
hey

When He comes, He will convict the world about sin, righteousness, and judgment:

Greg Gordon says:
wow

Greg Gordon says:
!

Yes...

Greg Gordon says:
notes are here: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2329&forum=12

Mike Balog says:
sorry, got to run plumbing leak at aunts house...catch up later

+++Mike Balog has left the meeting.

Yes...

Thats sad..

Greg Gordon says:
no it gets good! :)

Wow!!1

Greg Gordon says:

Wow!!

Oh man

Greg Gordon says:
they couldnt keep up with his fire!

Greg Gordon says:
wow!

Greg Gordon says:
amen

Yes

Hmmm

Africa...

Greg Gordon says:
hmm no

Greg Gordon says:
lol

Greg Gordon says:
but that would have been neat

No I mean Cholera

Greg Gordon says:
ohh not sure

Greg Gordon says:
hmm

There's a lot of it

Greg Gordon says:
yes there is

Greg Gordon says:
:(

Yes

Praise God!

AMEN

Greg Gordon says:
amen!

Hmm!!??

Wow

Greg Gordon says:
yes exactly like evan roberts preaching

Greg Gordon says:
lol

lol

Greg Gordon says:
he had a good memory

Thats amazing

Greg Gordon says:
hahah

Thats true

Yes?!

Greg Gordon says:
he only preached it once also

Astonishing

Thats so true

Greg Gordon says:
I think its just so amazing how he was converted ... it was during a whole day

Greg Gordon says:
it wasnt just one word

Thank YOU for the message

Greg Gordon says:
but the Lord really worked it through him

We appreciate you too

Greg Gordon says:

Robert Wurtz II says:
Thanks to all for coming!

Robert Wurtz II says:
Thanks Bro. Greg!

Greg Gordon says:
the awesome thing is its just not us that are hearing this message but tons of others of people that come to the site also

Robert Wurtz II says:
That is awesome!

It sure is

Robert Wurtz II says:
I'm sure thousands are touched by the messages of sermonindex

Greg Gordon says:
yes the finney lectures are going to be a great resource once we are done

Robert Wurtz II says:
I have distributed copies of the sermons for people

Robert Wurtz II says:
I'm kid of like their "sermonindex contact"

The sermons hear give me words to speak about with my peers

Greg Gordon says:
I should add this seminars to the same page! so people can access them with the lecture

++Jesse Morrell has entered the meeting.

Robert Wurtz II says:
They don't have access- so we burn CD's for them

Greg Gordon says:
haha maybe brother Jesse has a word from God for us also

Robert Wurtz II says:
Praise God

Jesse Morrell says:
sorry for missing it

Greg Gordon says:
I wonder if he knows finneys life :P lol

Robert Wurtz II says:
His live is VERY VERY detailed

Jesse Morrell says:
you have no idea how much i wanted to be here

Aww shame

Robert Wurtz II says:
I barely gave an outline up to his conversion

Greg Gordon says:
its ok.

Jesse Morrell says:
Finney, very stystematic i feel

Greg Gordon says:
yes he was a lawyer to be

Greg Gordon says:
lawyer preacher yikes

Jesse Morrell says:
that explains it

Greg Gordon says:
hehe

Jesse Morrell says:
so did all go well?

Robert Wurtz II says:
Praise God!

Greg Gordon says:
being systematic is good .. robert is pretty systematic also :)

Robert Wurtz II says:
people think I'm boring

Greg Gordon says:
hehe

Robert Wurtz II says:
I get accused of talking over people- I am learning that Finney REFUSED to allow that to happen

Greg Gordon says:
nah you got some fire.. especially towards repentance

Jesse Morrell says:
refused to let people talk over him?

Robert Wurtz II says:
lol

Jesse Morrell says:
i really enjoyed the repentance message i heard

Robert Wurtz II says:
I'm sure that too

Greg Gordon says:
yes that one night God really moved

Greg Gordon says:
2 other brothers that heard robert were impacted and convicted

Robert Wurtz II says:
He refused to be too eloquent in speech for the common people to understand him

Greg Gordon says:
remember that night brother robert

Greg Gordon says:
lol

Thats amazing

Greg Gordon says:
more fiesty

Jesse Morrell says:
Finney looks like my uncle :)

Jesse Morrell says:
thats all i really know about him

Robert Wurtz II says:
You are from Conn.?

Jesse Morrell says:
yes

Jesse Morrell says:
Finney was born here

Robert Wurtz II says:
Thats great!

Jesse Morrell says:
?

Well you guys, i hate to love you and leave you but I've gotta go!

Thank you for the message sir

Greg Gordon says:
yea jonathan goforth is buried in a cemetary near me im going to go pay a visit :P

Robert Wurtz II says:
God Bless! Thanks for coming!

Bye everyone

Jesse Morrell says:
cya

God bless you all

Greg Gordon says:
pay my respects

Robert Wurtz II says:
Your Welcome!

+++James Gabriel Gondai Dziya has left the meeting.

Greg Gordon says:
he was a revivalist amazing stuff

Robert Wurtz II says:
Bye

Jesse Morrell says:
i really wish i was here for it

Robert Wurtz II says:
The notes are posted:)

Greg Gordon says:
and the audio!

Robert Wurtz II says:
How far will you travel to preach Bro. Jesse?

Greg Gordon says:
yea hes somewhere

Jesse Morrell says:
i'll go to the ends of the world need be

Greg Gordon says:
LOL

Greg Gordon says:
thats called toronto dude

Greg Gordon says:
hehe

Jesse Morrell says:
haha

Robert Wurtz II says:
Are you in H.S or college brother?

Jesse Morrell says:
no i had recieved a GED years ago

Robert Wurtz II says:
IC

Jesse Morrell says:
and have done internships, but no college

Jesse Morrell says:
yet

Jesse Morrell says:
why?

Robert Wurtz II says:
No problem

Robert Wurtz II says:
I was just wondering to what exyent you would be able to get loose and come to Kansas City

Robert Wurtz II says:
extent

Jesse Morrell says:
well when

Greg Gordon says:

Robert Wurtz II says:
Missouri

Robert Wurtz II says:
I don't have any dates

Greg Gordon says:
is it all goods to street preach down there?>/.

Robert Wurtz II says:
I am looking seriously into it though

Robert Wurtz II says:
AM

Robert Wurtz II says:
Amen!

Greg Gordon says:
yea maybe you could do a rally with strom boy :P

Greg Gordon says:
storm boy

Jesse Morrell says:
i would come

Greg Gordon says:
:P

Robert Wurtz II says:
Andrew?

Greg Gordon says:
yea

Greg Gordon says:
God Bless him

Robert Wurtz II says:
I did that once

Jesse Morrell says:
let me know when, because I have some things already scheduled

Robert Wurtz II says:

Greg Gordon says:
hmm andrew and jesse not sure that would mix well

Greg Gordon says:
:P

Jesse Morrell says:
is there a specific event?

Jesse Morrell says:
no?

Jesse Morrell says:
whos andrew

Robert Wurtz II says:
I will talk it over with the higher ups and pray about it

Jesse Morrell says:
ok

Robert Wurtz II says:
I would really like for you to come down sometime

Greg Gordon says:
Andrew Strom

Greg Gordon says:
his audio is on the site

Greg Gordon says:
hes a evangelist from New Zealand

Greg Gordon says:
out of church-er

Greg Gordon says:
preaching a new reformation in Christianity

Jesse Morrell says:
i have listened to his stuff

Jesse Morrell says:
i liked it

Jesse Morrell says:
alot

Greg Gordon says:
hes in the prophetic movment of chrisitanity and is probably part of the level headed approach from that movment

Greg Gordon says:
yes me too but his other materials have me questioning him and having his audio on my site.

Jesse Morrell says:
but i didn't hear everything

Robert Wurtz II says:
I will be in a street service in Columbis,MO Saturday

Greg Gordon says:
even people like kenneth hagin had some good sermons

Jesse Morrell says:
the streets is where it is at

Greg Gordon says:
but I wouldnt post them because of the rest of his testimony

Jesse Morrell says:
yes i know

Greg Gordon says:
not comparing andrew to hagin but you get my reasoning

Jesse Morrell says:
ofcoarse

Jesse Morrell says:
is andrew there in kansas

Robert Wurtz II says:
Yes

Robert Wurtz II says:
He lives in Missouri

Greg Gordon says:
hows your churhc brother Robert are there any stirrings of the spiirt? are they more complacent? anything moving.

Robert Wurtz II says:
well

Robert Wurtz II says:
There has been some stirring

Greg Gordon says:
sorry to hit the questions so hard

Robert Wurtz II says:
The bellows is glowing red right now

Greg Gordon says:
stiring soup?

Greg Gordon says:
or something good?

Robert Wurtz II says:
The fire is quite HOT

Greg Gordon says:
good! :)

Jesse Morrell says:
what type of church is it

Greg Gordon says:
and get me that file of you preaching im curious now

Greg Gordon says:
Church of God

Greg Gordon says:
what other church would you want?

Robert Wurtz II says:
Well, we are in a streetfight with the emps of hell

Greg Gordon says:
maybe Church of Christ?

Greg Gordon says:
but the cults got that name

Greg Gordon says:
hehe

Jesse Morrell says:
lol

Jesse Morrell says:
thats what i hear

Greg Gordon says:
are you still doing that ministry to the shutins robert?

Robert Wurtz II says:
Yes, I came strait here from there

Jesse Morrell says:
what type of ministry is that

Greg Gordon says:
praise God

Robert Wurtz II says:
I ministered to a group at 6:50 CST

Jesse Morrell says:
nice

Robert Wurtz II says:
It is to people who generally can't come to church

Greg Gordon says:
If you ever need to take a break from SI seminars feel free to .. but keep that other one up

Greg Gordon says:
its a great work :)

Robert Wurtz II says:
Praise God

Robert Wurtz II says:
It is not a big burden

Greg Gordon says:
hey Jesse do you have a mic there?

Jesse Morrell says:
sure do

Greg Gordon says:
give us some meat :P

Greg Gordon says:
lol

Greg Gordon says:
jks

Greg Gordon says:
not down here

Greg Gordon says:
but I have it yes

Greg Gordon says:
no I have one

Greg Gordon says:
I told tommy and he freaked out

Greg Gordon says:
and I was like but your not worthy of hearing me :P

Robert Wurtz II says:
That you have a mic?

Greg Gordon says:
yes

Greg Gordon says:
lol

Greg Gordon says:
him and dalin are steaming

Greg Gordon says:
yea

Jesse Morrell says:
i am finally able to use it at my house

Greg Gordon says:
yea

Jesse Morrell says:
you know what i wanted to do for you greg

Greg Gordon says:
?

Jesse Morrell says:
i wanted to record on my computer Sinners in the hands of an angry God by Jonathon Edwards using my mic

Greg Gordon says:
brother you read my mind

Greg Gordon says:
I was going to ask you to do readings

Greg Gordon says:
lol

Jesse Morrell says:
?

Jesse Morrell says:
you would be interested?

Greg Gordon says:
I knew the Lord would put in on your heart

Greg Gordon says:
yes 100%

Greg Gordon says:
I just didnt want to harass you

Robert Wurtz II says:
AWESOME!

Greg Gordon says:
serious I prayed about it

Greg Gordon says:
praise God

Jesse Morrell says:
what?

Greg Gordon says:
maybe it wasnt my prayers

Jesse Morrell says:
that i would record that sermon?

Greg Gordon says:
I prayed that you would want to do audio readings of books

Greg Gordon says:
sermons, etc written stuff

Jesse Morrell says:
yea you mentioned that once

Jesse Morrell says:
of whitefield

Jesse Morrell says:
i would like that

Greg Gordon says:
oh yes

Robert Wurtz II says:
Praise God!

Jesse Morrell says:
do you think we are ready for Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God?

Greg Gordon says:
you guys are the 2 modern voices of SI

Jesse Morrell says:
i think you should build up a team, like i said before

Jesse Morrell says:
of trusted preachers

Meeting Owner: Greg Gordon
Current Attendees: Jesse Morrell, [email protected], James Gabriel Gondai Dziya, Robert Wurtz II, Graeme Olson, matt grace, Mike Balog
Entered Meeting At: 2004-6-24 8:57:52 PM
File Saved at: 2004-6-24 10:16:57 PM

2004/6/24 22:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy