SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A FALSE HEALING REVIVAL?? -Florida

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zionshield

Ohio

Re:

I went to church with an older lady back in the 90's that was a remarkable saint. The type that when you get on the phone with them you can feel His presence and when you shake their hand you feel like you just got bathed in the Spirit of God. Nonetheless she watched TBN and liked some questionable folks on there (not the obvious ones). I gave her a copy of "Christianity in Crisis" by Hank Hanegraaff. Well, when I was in church next Sunday I turned around to where she sits and she was looking at me, she mouthed "I love you" because the Lord showed her through that tape the lies those people are involved in and the spirit they are of.

2008/4/30 21:44Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Zionshield,

Thanks you for sharing this. It's really very encouraging to me. I was thinking of making some copies of Zac Poonen's sermon, but I'm going to have to check out "Christianity in Crisis" also.

I just watched about 1/2 hour of live broadcast
from the Lakeland revival... very disturbing to say the least. They kept repeating things like "open portals" "visitations from angels" "healing impartations" and of course lots of personal "prophesy." People were shaking and jerking out of control in the audience. Then the pastor started screaming "fire, fire, fire" and it reminded me of a sermon Pastor Carter Conlon preached called "Beware Of The Angry Watchmen" in which he talks about another false revival that is going to sweep the country like a wild fire.

2008/4/30 22:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I have watched the so called "revival" for a few nights and God's word is NOT PREACHED. CHRIST IS NOT EMPHASIZED... its all about what you can get from God.

Very Saddening.

Matthew 24 and Christ's warnings are still true. Oh may we have a revival of preaching and conviction of the spirit, a "baptism of holiness is the great need of our day" -duncan campbell.

2008/4/30 22:37Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Brethren, the day is soon coming when this deception will no longer be tolerated and God lifts the mask from the serpent behind these counterfeit revivals. People will look and see that the diamonds and emeralds and sapphires they have carefully tucked beneath their pillows are really nothing but pretty glass. To think that multitudes have been bewitched into hoarding worthless objects for years and years when they instead could have been laying up the real treasure...well, it's truly sad, and unfortunate; how bequiling and masterful the plan of the enemy is! Feigned revivals operating under a feigned faith, an eggshell-white color that seems virgin-white to everyone except the ones who know both and can differentiate between the two.

I recall while I was living in Russia how literally [i]overnight[/i] peoples' life savings and bank accounts utterly vanished as the economy imploded. You went to bed with 10,000 rubles to your name, and in a few hours you woke up with absolutely nothing, the ruble having depreciated overnight to zilch. People were frantic, in panic, storming the banks, and with futile efforts demanding their money. Of course, it was too late to get anything back. Years and years worth of savings and investments were instantly vaporized, and there were riots all throughout the country.

We need to be ready and keeping our Christ-magnifying vessels clean and pure and blood-washed. The bankrupt poor will see in that day the real diamonds shining through us, the ingrafted Word, Christ our life; a quiet, sober, clean, humble, studious life hid with Christ in God. And though at one time they spoke sneeringly of us for not chasing after the extra-biblical visions and soul-miracles and glitter and flash as they do, they will at once forget the glass they gloated over when they finally see the inimitable sparkle of of the true diamond, of the pearl of great price through the eyes of their own poverty.

The problem is, many yet do not know that they are poor, and that they have their boast in plastic. God must first remove the mask for them to see it. Websites like this are integral in communicating this truth, in exposing the plastic as plastic and the glass as glass, and offering glimpses and tastes of the true fruit, the true riches of God which are able to foster a hunger in others to be likewise filled and robed and washed in the way of God's school.

2008/4/30 23:23Profile
Baohongen

Runge, TX USA

Re:

I haven't looked into this revival and its effects, but I have noticed a few people mention Brownsville. I was blessed to attend those meetings on a couple of occasions and I saw the Lord do an incredible work there. Many committed their lives to Christ. My life was forever impacted. My brother surrendered to God and now serves him full time overseas. I have personally witnessed the fruit of that move of God and can testify that Christ was exalted in those meetings I attended and many repented of sin. Let us pray for discernment before we too quickly judge a work to be of God or not. We may need to take warning, but we may also see the Holy Spirit at work. We do not however want to find ourselves guilty of the sin of the religious leaders in Jesus' day: calling a work of the Holy Spirit a work of the devil (Matthew 12). He doesn't always work in the ways we assume. Just look at the Old Testament prophets. Some of those guys we would have kicked out of our churches. I am making no judgements, just encouraging caution.

2008/5/1 2:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Tonight I heard that the brownsville leaders attended the florida revival and have officially "imparted" their anointing to them and blessed this as the continuation of what God did with them.

Also a prophet from new zealand declared emphatically that "this is revival" right now and its the 5th great awakening in america.

2008/5/1 3:19Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Tonight I heard that the brownsville leaders attended the florida revival and have officially "imparted" their anointing to them and blessed this as the continuation of what God did with them.

Also a prophet from new zealand declared emphatically that "this is revival" right now and its the 5th great awakening in america.

Events prior to the Lords Second Coming
And now, brothers and sisters, let us tell you about the coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered together to meet him. Please don't be so easily shaken and troubled by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Even if they claim to have had a vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us, don't believe them. Don't be fooled by what they say.
For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed--the one who brings destruction. He will exalt himself and defy every god there is and tear down every object of adoration and worship. He will position himself in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God. Don't you remember that I told you this when I was with you? And you know what is holding him back, for he can be revealed only when his time comes. For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way. Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will consume with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. [b]This evil man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of wicked deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to believe the truth that would save them. So God will send great deception upon them, and they will believe all these lies. [/b] Then they will be condemned for not believing the truth and for enjoying the evil they do.

NLT 2 Th 2:1-

2008/5/1 3:57Profile
Banjoe

Re: A fake??

?

2008/5/1 22:54Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Pharisees and Sadducee's

Quote:
I have never commented on Sermon Index but I am sorry I could not hold this back.

Quote:
They were not like these super heroes we see on TBN raking in millions yearly. They weren't rolling in $$$$.Art and Inger were and are the real deal.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=22630&forum=48#178567]Art Katz wife[/url]

2008/5/1 23:34Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

The "revival" has spread to Charlotte.

http://www.morningstarministries.org/Group/Group.aspx?id=1000029627

narrowpath

2008/5/2 4:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy