SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival in Florida??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Maturity

Tone down the rhetoric.
Re-read your own posts individually.

It's the personal, childlike arguing and squabbling and worse defending of just poor conduct ... Shall we call for the mothers to come in and settle this?

I think this is no revival whatsoever that is taking place and have some very strong opinions about the whole thing. I came right out of the likes of this stuff. Watching just a few minutes of the head pushing, blowing and Benny Hinn style theatrics was enough to grieve and pray the Lord would just shut the whole of it down before people begin getting truly hurt.

There is nothing in this but more of the same styled antics and incredibly ... unbelievable reproach of what Christianity truly is and the testimony of the Lord being not at all considered. It is unbiblical and characteristically not anything akin to anything the scripture teaches, in conduct, in spirit or in precedence. The people may be as sincere as any who frequent these pages, the pastor just as well for all that we know, but it is no less a deception and a running away with the imagination than any other aberration that haunts the greater realms of Christendom.

For those who have come here to be contentious or feel that this is just another forum\board where anything goes, let me assure you that it is not. Just as well, though we try our best to be patient with all, this is not a site that is in any way aligned with nor supportive of ministries of this ilk.

All that being said, the conduct of the members here is expected to be cordial and without personal squabbling.

SermonIndex is committed to those things that are stated in the sections mentioned earlier and to those that are contained here in audio sermons and articles.

2008/4/25 22:29Profile
Hesed

Re: Revival in Florida??

An "evangelist" Todd Bentley who teaches New Age teachings and gnosticism, is heading up this "revival" at an offshoot of the former Carpenters Home Church.

Please check out these teachings from the "evangelist's" own website, freshfire.ca

[url=http://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Act=read&status=teaching&Id=218]Face to Face Encounter, part 1.[/url]
[url=http://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Act=read&status=teaching&Id=219]Face To Face Encounter, part 2. ....Paul and Abraham wrote Hebrews... 7 heavens, the fifth(above God's throne) not as peaceful.... Hidden mysteries and revelation..etc [/url]

2008/4/25 23:29Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23237&forum=34&1]Toronto Vineyard Pastor[/url] - Testimony

What we need to think about is that this man over and over again, claim to have revelation outside of the bible, i read a "biblestudy" and this man overand overagain claim things that is not to be found in the WORD, it may sound boring to some, legalistic, religius or name it what ever. But the fact is. If it is not founded upon the eternal word of God. Reject it.....

here are some quotes from this man:

Quote:
In recent months, the Lord has taken me up several times, in the Spirit, to a particular place in the Heavenly realm. I call this place the land of promises. This place was lush and flourishing with the life of God. The very atmosphere of this place was radiating with the presence of the Lord. It had the feeling of Spring when all things are new and refreshing. All around I could see rainbows reminding me of the promises of God throughout His word and the personal promises and prophecies that have been delivered from His mouth to His people throughout history. I instinctively knew that this was the place where these promises were found, activated, and brought down to the earth realm.

the land of promises? verse please......

Quote:
In this experience I simply laid down in the grass in order to enjoy the heavenly atmosphere of this place. While lying there I saw two angels approaching me and they began to feed me with honey. Honey in the Bible is symbolic of revelation. I believe, in this experience, the honey represented a spirit of wisdom and revelation that was being placed upon me in greater measure in order to comprehend, in the spirit, the things that were about to take place.

honey?

Quote:
The Lord then turned and walked away, but as he left, this mist or glory cloud, began to completely envelop me. I knew it was Holy Spirit! The atmosphere changed when this other member of the Godhead moved in. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said that when He is present He brings with Him the atmosphere of creation. He then said something that astounded me: "Ask what you will and it will be done for you!"

Mat 4:8-9 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."

Quote:
I saw a whirlwind come down from heaven carrying multitudes of angels. This whirlwind wrapped around the people lying on the floor and was pulling them upward in the spirit. Meanwhile, the angels were going around sprinkling something on the hearts of those on the floor. I asked the Lord what they were doing and He said they were ministering spirits sent to carry His presence from the Throne Room of heaven and impart it to these people. He said that He was imparting a fresh hunger for heavenly things to their hearts. The direction of their heart's hunger and craving was literally being redirected by the impartation from heaven!

angels imparting fresh hunger?? verse please

Quote:
Years ago I had an experience that reaffirms my emphasis on intimacy with the Holy Spirit. I was soaking in the presence of the Lord one day and telling Holy Spirit that I wanted to know Him more. Suddenly the whole atmosphere in the room changed and I was filled and overshadowed by the Holy Spirit. I immediately entered the realm of the spirit and found myself floating in a river. I was weeping as waves of His presence coursed through my body. Suddenly, this eagle mask appeared in my hand and I heard the Lord say, "Put it on!" I obeyed and as soon as I put the mask on my face, in my vision, wings started to sprout and grow out of my back. The wings sprouted and I suddenly shot out of the water and began to soar in the heavenly realms. I could literally feel the sensations of flying in my natural body! In the midst of soaring I ran into Jesus and He was stunning! He reached out a scepter and touched my forehead. My whole body instantly turned golden and I could feel "purpose" enter my spirit like electricity. I was infused with the purposes of God.

here is a short excerpt from another "teaching" from this man, notice all the scriptures.

Quote:
If you get hold of the truth I am going to give you in this teaching, it will revolutionize your life. This message on Prophetic Decrees will help you contend for your healing and help you to know what your responsibility is with every prophetic word and every prophetic promise that God has given you. Some of you have had prophetic words over your life for twenty years. It's been great to get those prophetic words, but you've been left wondering what to do next: "Ok God, that's great. Now how do I bring these words of the Lord to pass?" you may have asked. "Do I need to do something with what was spoken to me? How do I birth the prophetic word? How do I see my prophetic promises fulfilled?"

Even though this is a prophetic message, I'm also going to tie in the subject of miracles and how to prophetically call them into manifestation in the natural realm. I believe this message will give you a foundation for miraculous manifestations in and through your life. The revelation that I'm about to share with you actually helped birth our whole ministry. You're going to learn how to receive mysteries in the spirit-how to take things out of the invisible through God's creative power and transfer them onto the earthly scene to create your destiny. Now some of you may be thinking, "Whoa, I don't know-that sounds a little New Age to me." Don't worry; I'm going to lay out sound biblical principles. I will show you how to release destiny through a visitation with the Holy Spirit, the word of the Lord and by speaking out that word. This process of speaking things into existence, I call making a prophetic decree.

[url=http://www.upstreamca.org/activating_proph.html]source[/url]

2008/4/26 1:25Profile
Hosiah

Hmmhmm

Which is all the more reason, we should guard our hearts closely and focus intently on Jesus.

There is nothing more tragic than a sound witness gone bad. Pray hard it never happens to any of us.

We are not unaware of the schemes of the devil, a totally defeated foe, but still cunning and dangerous.

But God, WILL and DOES get all the Glory.

in that faith we rest. Praise His Glorious Name!

2008/4/26 2:22Profile
Hosiah

May I share this with you all?

It's a 4 minute clip from Pond Inslet up in Inuit country.

I cry with joy when I watch it. a small church up in the frozen north visited by God in revival.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLeNcSZA0tw]Revival Fire in the Artic[/url]

2008/4/26 2:43Profile
DirkW

Netherlands

Re: May I share this with you all?

Best thing to do is to pray I think at this moment.

2008/4/26 5:56Profile

Re: May I share this with you all?

Quote:

Hosiah wrote:
It's a 4 minute clip from Pond Inslet up in Inuit country.

I cry with joy when I watch it. a small church up in the frozen north visited by God in revival.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLeNcSZA0tw]Revival Fire in the Artic[/url]

what a great testimony.... i know one thing that distinguishes it from all other things... HUMILITY! I wept through watching it

2008/4/26 7:05
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Hmmhmm

Quote:

Hosiah wrote:
Which is all the more reason, we should guard our hearts closely and focus intently on Jesus.

There is nothing more tragic than a sound witness gone bad. Pray hard it never happens to any of us.

We are not unaware of the schemes of the devil, a totally defeated foe, but still cunning and dangerous.

But God, WILL and DOES get all the Glory.

in that faith we rest. Praise His Glorious Name!

Yes very true, but we are called to love, God is Love, he is also truth, And if we love him we love the truth.

And we can not accept anything that is not true, or partially true, or almost true or name it how ever, all the rest from the genuine is false.

If we build on a foundation that is not the true one.

if we preach not what is true.

it is false.

It is not love to ignore falsehood in the name of love to avoid "hurting" , "offending" or even make people mad or angry or whatever.

Should we pray? absolutely! we should weep and groan before the throne.

Will god get the glory? yes, God would get glory even if all of humanity would bow down to satan he would still get the glory.

But in these days it has become a "bad" thing to discern or call out the false.

We need to be like Daniel and his three friends, when ALL the others of Israel, all off Gods children compromised and mixed true and false in babylon. They stood up. They did not bow the knee.

Yesterday i read a verse and it AMAZED me. The whole of Israel could have escaped babylon. They could have got mercy instead of judgement. The awesome judgement we read from the prophets all who died and was enslaved and taken away, mothers weeping for dead husbands and children. Just read lamentations.

and one verse says

Jer 5:1 Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.

One man!

there was not even one man in all of Gods chosen people. They had much religion and meetings and other things going on. But not one single man.

People enjoy listen to these false prophesies and prophets.

another reason why God judged his children was this

2Ch 36:14 Moreover all the chief of the priests, and the people, transgressed very much after all the abominations of the heathen; and polluted the house of the LORD which he had hallowed in Jerusalem.
2Ch 36:15 And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
2Ch 36:16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

No one wants the hard words of truth any more. The Church are in the world(heathen). There is no line, no wall, no separation. Anything goes.

But when we urge people to discern, which can be done wrongfully, and in a wrong spirit also. There is a pharisee way about everything. But as you say throwout the baby with the bathwater.

But this has NO FOUNDATION WHATSOEVER in THE WORD OF GOD. yet people follow this dreamer and false teacher/prophet. Woe unto me if i am quiet.

I am far from perfect myself, but how can i say i love God, the truth if I accept anything else?

I am speaking as a babe in Christ and sometimes as a fool.

But the bible says and warns us that God may give us up as he gave up the Israelites. I know that dont match with some doctrines, but the word says so.

We need to be standing up for the truth, for what we belive in these days when anything goes.

For me this kind is as heretical as Jehovas witnesses or the mormons. What is the difference between the mormons outside bible revelations and this mans?

nothing, if we accept him we can accept the mormons to.

How we lowered the watchtower and walls! we teared them down so much anything can come in, we opened the doors to ALL in the name of love and there is chaos and Gods name is being blasphemed among the gentiles because of what we failed to uphold.

We all need to repent that we are not more zealous and wholehearted for the TRUTH.

May God have more mercy upon us then he had upon the Israelites, because our sin i fear is much greater then theirs.

Forgive me if i sound harsh or so, i think in Swedish and write in English and lack the great vocabulary so many of you have.

But I pray you will se my heart and my point.

brother christian

2008/4/26 7:42Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy