Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Calvanism 101

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Please refrain from quoting me in your posts with comments on what I should or should not do.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7&forum=12&6]Community Rules[/url]

Your behavior here has been one of a rude house guest. You came in here with your opinions and agenda and with little or no concern to the other members of this site.

There has been attempts to draw your attention to this fact and you refuse to humble yourself or listen to the gentle rebukes from the brethren.
We have been more than charitable in giving you an opportunity to straighten out whatever misunderstandings that there are and yet you conveniently pick and choose that which is to your liking.

There is an air of divisiveness* that you have brought and have successfully managed to upset the unity of spirit that is in this community. Whether that is intentional or not is besides the point.

I now find myself in the very uncomfortable position of having to be blunt, and take no relish in it, in fact it grieves me deeply, more than I can express...

It is pride brother and may this be a strong rebuke to examine your attitude and your conduct and consider the effects of your words on those around you.

Titus 3:10

I have prayed and agonized over this, may the Lord have mercy on me and you and us all.

edit* (spelling)

2004/6/21 11:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I asked that no debates would arise on this post; I wanted only to give an article. Nothing more. Please refrain from quoting me in your posts with comments on what I should or should not do. I say that very lovingly and with humility. The Lord knows I am not being ignorant here.

I am sorry brother Daniel but this is abit much. If its such a 'meanial issue' then why even raise it in the first place? These are discussion forums not a soapbox to just share your own opinions and to use this medium as your own personal pulpit is not acceptable.

Quote:
Whether or not there is a "history" here on SI or on MY site, we may not "like" labels, but to claim a "non denominational" position leaves one quite in the dark. If I was to attend a church and was to learn that it was "non denominational" in position, I'd leave.

bye :-)

2004/6/21 11:09Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Daniel,

Quote:
Whether or not there is a "history" here on SI or on MY site, we may not "like" labels, but to claim a "non denominational" position leaves one quite in the dark.

I believe you totally misunderstood what Mike was saying. All he was saying was that this subject has been thouroughly addressed and there is no need to start a new topic on it. If you wish to discuss it or cut and paste as your original post is, then there are many topics to which you can reply to without forming a new topic.

Quote:
If you will AGAIN read my post, I specifically said I posted NOT desiring to debate.

These strivings are foolish and unprofitable to you and to all and to myself.

I asked that no debates would arise on this post; I wanted only to give an article.

Nothing more.

Please refrain from quoting me in your posts with comments on what I should or should not do.

I say that very lovingly and with humility.

The Lord knows I am not being ignorant here.

Sir, this is a public forum and you have posted some articles on what is the MOST divisive subject in Protestant Christianity. Don't hope for a moment that those who hold opposing views just as strongly as you hold to yours are not going to post a dissenting comment on such beliefs. As for posting comments on what you should or should not do, these are mainly coming from the moderators and the administrator of this site. I kindly suggest you listen to them as they ARE the authorities on this site and as such have every right to tell what you can and cannot do on SI.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/6/21 11:30Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Calvanism 101

In a thread winding and twisting parallel to this one, you, Daniel, brought forth the issue of judging.
Your statements in this thread are like small, very small, boxes to put thoughts and people into to keep them neat and tidy under control. Are you judging righteous judgments or are you just being judgmental. What about your eye – what about beams?

You hand out provocations and corrections, but leave no room for feedback – we cannot comment on what you produce:
“Please refrain from quoting me in your posts with comments on what I should or should not do.”

One of your statements: “These strivings are foolish and unprofitable to you and to all and to myself.” You approach is in itself saturated with strife and competition. Humility is to be expected from a pastor.

A pastor feeds hungry men’s hearts. Are you hungry as we are? What do you bring, other than small, very small boxes?
L. W.

2004/6/21 11:39Profile

Re: IWpray

You will note dear friend that I asked that the CALVANISM post not come with dissenting comments...at least that was my intention.

Also, comments are awesome! BUT...(There's always a "but) ....

As it pertains, again, to THIS post, I'm just saying that I'm not interested in debating the issue.

Note that this post has nothing debateful to say; it's simply a post concerning Calvanism; nothing more.

Lastly, I receive MANY emails (hehe) and some are corrective and some are not; and I take each of them to prayer.

I may not respond to the comments posted here the way you might like me to, yet in my Inbox I take what others say to heart and listen to what's being presented to me.

On the forum, in public, however, I do not do the same, as I'm not going to take each comment and just blindly apply the principles suggested.

And concerning judging, well.....I posted a sermon on judging and note that the words were not at all harsh, demeaning or ignorant; thus, let us judge, but let us judge with truth and Scriptural backing.

I'm certainly not here to play "Holier than thou"....I'm most certainly a sinner who simply strives to serve the Lord each day.

Nothing in my life is what one could say is blatant sin, though I also confess that each day I must go to Calvary for that cleansing.

There are two people I know in PERSON whom i see as abandoned to God:

My Pastor friend, Daniel Jalbert and my mom, Deaconess at our largest Chrismatic church here in my city.

No one is above sin, friends, and no one is "more relevant" than any other, really.

Though some here MAY believe that God plays favorites, I don't believe that unScriptural notion for a moment, and nor shall I.

I'm here only to post comments and thoughts, as everyone else.

I post a Calvanism article and the next thing you know, when I have STATED it's NOT for debate, but only for reflection, there are those who must debate nonetheless.

As I have said before, I'm not buying it and I'm not partaking.

Instead of taking me the wrong way, and I say this lovingly, why not skip my posts and comments, seeing that many times my words are so twisted and misunderstood that I continue to defend a postion which some cannot ascertain I am trying to make....?

I cannot for a moment believe that Christlikness is being presented here on the Forum, by ME or others, when there is utter foolish debate taking place.

Let us post our thoughts, comments and debates, yet let us do so with substance, and not with whether or not the person "said" it in the right tone....

This is a computer, there are no "tones".

Let us love each other, and this pertaisn to myself also.

I have been grieved at our debating this past week; and it is MY fault and the fault of others, as there can be no lone dissenter.

Let us repent and move on into the Love of God for one another.

2004/6/21 12:20
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Whether or not there is a "history" here on SI or on MY site, we may not "like" labels, but to claim a "non denominational" position leaves one quite in the dark. If I was to attend a church and was to learn that it was "non denominational" in position, I'd leave.

As per your above comments brother I think its best that you move on there are many other website forums for you to discuss these matters. You are still very welcome to listen to audio sermons but I would suggest that you refrain from joinin in on discussions in the forums. I really see not much difference in principle between a physical church where people fellowship and an online community such as this at SI.

2004/6/21 12:26Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Daniel,

Quote:
I post a Calvanism article and the next thing you know, when I have STATED it's NOT for debate, but only for reflection, there are those who must debate nonetheless.

The debate here has not been Calvinism, but your utter refusal to listen to correction from those entrusted to moderate these forums. As far as debate goes there are two kinds, one can be positive in which two opposing sides present their arguments in a public setting and defend their position, this has happened throughout the history of the church. They can be just as civil as any discussion. Then there is the debate that turns heated and argumentative, this Daniel is bad, very bad, and should be avoided because you don't learn anything from this kind of debate, but the first kind should not be confused with the second.

Once again, no one has had a chance to debate the issue, because we have been to busy trying to make you understand that you CANNOT come on this site and make your own rules. Do not sir, come into an open forum and post an article without expecting to defend it. Especially one as hot as Calvinism. I might add that we are all very capable of debating a subject while maintaining civility in the process, all you have to do is read the posts that ALREADY cover this subject very well. If you do not wish to defend your Calvinism then you need not post your articles. Once again I will remind you that this is not some take it or leave it issue as you are trying to make it, this is one where the lines are clearly drawn and people disagree. Our aim all along has been to allow for disagreement and debate without dividing over the issue.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/6/21 12:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Please refrain from quoting me in your posts with comments on what I should or should not do

Nobody is above accountability, especially amongst the brethren. Having once been very much like Daniel_INC, I have learned through much rebuke from the Lord it is best to carefully take to heart what others say about you, especially since we are called to be above reproach.

If somebody corrects you, receive the correction. In most cases, even if their assesment of your character is flawed, receive it just the same. I have learned it is best to just say "thank you" when somebody rebukes you, even if they are wrong.

Of late, when somebody corrects me, be it a brother or sister in the Lord, or even a sinner (and I especially grieve if a sinner can say anything against me), I take the correction at heart, thinking that perhaps I have in some way not represented the character of Christ as I should. Then I seek to overcome through the grace of God whatever I might be lacking in.

Perhaps I am wrong though...

2004/6/21 14:02Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:

I think this just shows that you misunderstand the purpose of a 'forum'. It is Greek for the 'market place'. To stand up in the market place, make a statement and then say you don't want people in the market place to discuss it, is a fundamental misunderstanding of 'forum'.

If we dare not subject our views to the 'market place' we had better stay quiet.

2004/6/21 14:18Profile
Chancellor

Re: Calvanism 101

The best book I've seen on the subject is Duane Edward Spencer's TULIP: The Five Points of Calvinism in the Light of Scripture. It accurately presents both the Five Points of Arminianism (that most evangelicals today believe, though most of them don't know their belief by this title) and the reply to these points, the Five Points of Calvinism.

2004/7/13 23:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy