SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Must Hear Sermon: AWAKE!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
repentcanada

Must Hear Sermon: AWAKE!

Romans 13:11 says, ”And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.“

It is time for us believers to awake out of our slumber. Eternity is rushing towards us. Believers need to cast off any works of darkness that are holding them back from serving the Lord with all that they have got. Unbelievers are not ready for that last breath. It is our job to draw the line in the sand and do something about it. The time is now. Listen and be challenged.

AWAKE! by Mark Cahill: http://audio.markcahill.org/awake.m3u

2008/4/19 18:00Profile
repentcanada

Re: Must Hear Sermon: AWAKE!

SERMON INDEX, what are your thoughts on this sermon?

2008/4/20 17:24Profile

Re:

I started listening to it yesterday. From what I have heard thus far it is a powerful and needed message. I'll share more when I've finished it.
Thanks for sharing the link.

Have you read his book, One Heartbeat Away?

2008/4/20 21:29

Re:

I listened to this awhile back. It's amazing to think that every second someone dies and either goes to heaven or hell for all eternity.

2008/4/20 22:07
repentcanada

Re:

Cahill's books "One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven" and "One Heart Beat Away" are outstanding. They are must reads. You can order them online at his site http://www.markcahill.org on a donation basis only. Even if you are strapped for cash, go online today and at least order the more powerful book "One Thing You Can't do in Heaven", it is one of the best books I know of.

2008/4/21 0:23Profile
Koheleth

NC

Quote:
It's amazing to think that every second someone dies and either goes to heaven or hell for all eternity.

Yes, dear friend, it is sobering, so gravely sobering. I pray that our amazement of this fact will be the same as that of Jesus, so that our souls are stirred to action in Christ. A humble, gentle, passionate, eternity-gripped action.

2008/4/21 1:37Profile
UlsterMan

UK

Re:

Thanks for the recommendation. I have just listened to that powerful sermon. Truly it is a wake up call. Mark is a gifted communicator with a relevant and timely message to share. I am looking forward to listening to more of his sermons and hopefully getting my hands on his books.

2008/4/21 6:03Profile
LiveforGod

Yes brother, it is a powerful sermon. How true. Oh may God give us more angish to reach this lost and wicked world in wish we live in. Oh that God would stirr our hearts and touch our souls to be moved into doing somthing. Oh Church of Christ we can't stay doing nothing wile so many out there are parishing and going to hell. Exelent message for this generation of "Christians". May God give us some more Pauls and Peters and John's and Mark's. May God give us men and woman who will not let satan steal more territory than he already has. Men and Woman totally sold out for God, totally desperate to see things changed. Men and Woman who would say: " Oh Lord I got make an impact in this world". OH church listen to leonard ravenhill's words when he said that " the world is not waiting for a new definition of chrisianity, it is waiting for a new demonstration of christianity. Brothers and sisters, let us stop playing the game of religion. Let us stop this noncense and get real with God. Let us be bold in sharig this our faith. We have no right to keep it to ourselfs. Let us die to self, carry our cross and follow him all of our days, till the day we die or the day when Jesus comes back. We have no time to spend in our own little problems. There is a world out there that needs us. Let Christ eminate from you allways, that they may see you and when they look at you they may see Jesus living thru you. OH God Awake us to your calling. Awake us for your Glory. Do so Lord, we need it.

2008/4/21 8:58Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy