SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Goodbye.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
jordanamo

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
It appears bub,katy, and Linn are removed????

Is this true?

David

Yes, Compliments as well has been banned.

2008/4/18 22:55Profile
psalm1

Re:

What is going on?????

Is there a reason?

David

2008/4/18 22:57Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jesus said to forgive someone 70×7 were they forgiven 490 times? :-)
Maybe that don't apply here.

2008/4/18 23:01Profile

Re: Texans & Banning

Are the three you mention,Bubbaguy,Katy-Did and Dorcas? And is the Texan being referred to Paul West? Can someone please answer?

2008/4/18 23:01
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

wisevirgin wrote:
And is the Texan being referred to Paul West? Can someone please answer?

For the record in my post I was not insulating Paul was responsible for anything, I was just making a humorous remark that when us Texans get involved in something whatever it is, it usually seems to go down hill, nothing personal at all.

2008/4/18 23:06Profile
psalm1

Re:

Wisevirgin

If I am reading right ,yes it is true.

David

2008/4/18 23:07Profile

Re:

Quote:

jordanamo wrote:

But when a close friend of mine is banned here, for what I think are improper reasons, When her thread, that she devoted hours and hours to, is locked, for no reason at all other than that "it is getting too large"-- I refer to the praise thread, etc., I just in good conscience cannot remain here.

Linn's not perfect. But she loves the Lord. Anyone that has spoken with her, that knows her to even a small degree, will see that. I feel compelled to speak up for her as such. I am amazed at how the moderators here ban people with such ease, not recognizing what divisions it will create here.

Jordan

Ban people with ease? Is this true? Is there knowledge of the hearts of the moderators and the process that is involved in removing a person? We must remember that we don't know everything. We don't know of the private communications that take place that add to the situations and certainly affect the results.

The moderators of SI, from what I know of them, are men of godly character who are seeking the Lord for His direction for this site and are seeking to live for His glory. The impact of this website on Christianity worldwide is growing daily; the natural result of such impact for the glory of God will mean an increase in spiritual warfare. Thus making it all the more important that those who take part in the blessings of the ministry pray for this website and those God has placed over it. I ask the brothers and sisters here, who may not understand the reasoning behind the banning of posters, to please pray for the moderators and trust God to lead them. Please do not stir up further strife and contention.

The usual reason for the banning of a user is a breaking of the rules. We would all do well to [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=14144&forum=13&post_id=&refresh=Go]review them[/url] every once and again. It is a grief whenever a person is banned. But not because of the one who had to ban them, but because of the actions that led up to this unfortunate but necessary result of breaking of rules.

[i]Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 1 Thessalonians 5:11-16[/i]

Oh, may the Lamb Who was slain for us, receive the full reward of His suffering in our lives.

I humbly ask you to consider these things and to pray to God for His will to be done in all of our lives.

~Joy

2008/4/18 23:27
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Jesus said to forgive someone 70×7 were they forgiven 490 times?
Maybe that don't apply here.

Hi bro. That is very true. Forgiveness should be quick and anger slow. But remember that Jesus buttressed this statement on a brother returning in repentance.

I'm not in a place to judge these things but will only speculate that much patience and forgiveness has been applied and perhaps these have been offered only to be reciprocated by no repentance?

Jesus said to forgive 70X7, He also said, "You have lost your brother." about the one who does not repent. I'm not accusing any of sin, but I'm not accusing the moderators of it either. They have a TOUGH job in this forum and they have my respect and prayers.

Blessings,
Jeremy Hulsey

2008/4/18 23:35Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

hulsey wrote:
I'm not in a place to judge these things but will only speculate that much patience and forgiveness has been applied and perhaps these have been offered only to be reciprocated by no repentance?

Repent? Sin is breaking God's laws. I am not judging here either nor pro or con the bannings it's really none of my business, but we have to be real careful to practice what were all preaching here.

2008/4/18 23:49Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
but we have to be real careful to practice what were all preaching here.

We have to be very careful brother indeed.

2008/4/18 23:56Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy