SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Religion, To deny Christ or to live Christ.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ballin4him

Religion, To deny Christ or to live Christ.

Brothers,
I am asking for your thoughts and input. There may have been a post on this idea that I may have not read yet or not.
There is the idea of "leaving" the religion of Christianity. Is this biblical? (knowing that this world is having a tough time to see beyond the darkness is already assumed and known by the state of the "ecclesiastical" buildings calling themselves churches.) A friend of mine showed me what one fella said,
"Religion is a false perception of holiness that focuses on law and kills the true message of Christ. Jesus had much to say about the religious who put the law before his true message. How terrible it will be for you experts of religious law! For you crush people beneath impossible religious demands, and you never lift a finger to ease the burden. Luke 11:46 How terrible it will be for you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest part of your income, but you ignore the important things of the law- justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but you should not leave undone the most important things. Blind Guides! You strain your water so you wont accidentally swallow a gnat; then you swallow a camel. Matthew 23:23-24 Jesus came and declared that the most important law was You must love the Lord with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself. (Matthew 22:37.39) Religion ignores the reasons behind this being the most important commandment and only focuses on the exterior and works as a way to get close to God. It is religion that not only kills the true message of hope Christ taught but also has held back the lost from understanding the true meaning of Christianity. Religion kills....but Jesus saves!!"

That idea, but in a world were living in, Religion is "A religion is a set of beliefs and practices, often centered upon specific supernatural and moral claims about reality, the cosmos, and human nature, and often codified as prayer, ritual, and religious law. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and mystic experience. The term 'religion' refers to both the personal practices related to communal faith and to group rituals and communication stemming from shared conviction."
The idea of a God deprived man being saved is a supernatural idea isnt it? Maybe I take the bible the wrong way and I see it as white and black. In the sense that God did us His word through the Holy Spirit which changes our lives. Christ did command us to Love. He also gave us the "beautitudes" which is pretty much, The New Commandments?(not to say it is, just using it as the idea that Christ did come to raise the bar for people that believe in Him.)
I am challeneged because there are a lot of people that deny religion and have "love". The root is these few passages from James 1:27
"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world." and James 1:26
"If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless."
I hope that there is an answer?
But the way I see it as, If were to deny the "religion of Jesus" we dismiss everything he does and did on the cross for us. But who knows, maybe im out in left field?

In Him I Trust

2008/4/18 1:43Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Religion, To deny Christ or to live Christ.

Quote:

"That idea, but in a world were living in, Religion is "A religion is a set of beliefs and practices, often centered upon specific supernatural and moral claims about reality, the cosmos, and human nature, and often codified as prayer, ritual, and religious law. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and mystic experience. The term 'religion' refers to both the personal practices related to communal faith and to group rituals and communication stemming from shared conviction." ""

This describes Israel to a "T". That is exactly what Jesus attacked when He offered the "Kingdom of Heaven is at hand", to Israel, that Kingdom was Himself as their King and God. Religion is what Killed the Son of Glory.

So now the offer still stands, Israel rejected the Son and the Gospel of Christ being in a person by being Born Again in them if they only believe that He is the One that will do it.

A new life, a new start, a new basis for all that we are or will be. Jesus came and died offering the kingdom to His own, but they rejected and now it is sent to the Gentiles. Acts 28:27-28 For the heart of this people (Israel) is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Now we have a new life in Christ Jesus and have become by the birthing, son's of God, fellow heirs with Jesus Christ to the House of God that Jesus said He would prepare a place for us in that House.

So what is keeping us from this place where we are already seated in Christ Jesus, which is in heavenly places? The same thing that kept Israel form taking her place as the chosen people of God on this earth with Christ as King. We are a heavenly people they are an earthly people. All the promises to Israel will be fulfilled on this earth. The promises to The Body of Christ are already fulfilled in Him. But, people still want to take the religious way and do it themselves as Israel did and told the Son of God, He was wrong and did not know what He was talking about and carried it to the ultimate end and Killed Him for who He said He was.

Nobody wants to listen to Paul and Hear what Jesus Christ gave him to give to us. They still want to keep the Law and their religious practices and make themselves better and enter the kingdom by another way, Not the way Paul speaks of.

Colossians 1:24-29 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

We don't want this, we want our own religious way of being saved, none of us really died with Christ on the Cross and none of us now have Jesus Christ the Son of God In us, we want our faith to do it all and we want our ways to make us clean and get us into the favor of God and be pleasing to Him in ourselves and by keeping the Law of Religion we can accomplish this.

God forbid that we should believe Paul and accept the way God intended His Son to give us new life and translate us into that Kingdom.

Galatians 2:16-21 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

This really has not happened, these are just pretty words and this is why we must do the works of the Law and religion so we can take advantage of the salvation of God. God forbid that He did it all in Christ Jesus our Lord. This cannot be, we must do something, for God only helps them who help themselves, correct?

Not this way, this could not possibly be true:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

What! That is stupid, this could not possibly be Gods Plan.

Kill His Son and kill us with Him that we might have new life in God by Christ Jesus? That is just pretty words and we must do it ourselves.

This is not what this scripture really says is it?

Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Really, come on now, do you really believe the the Son of God Lives in you? Impossible.

This is where I used to be, until I had a revelation of the Son of God that is in me.

It is true, just like He says, and I, "have the witness in myself", The Holy Spirit confirming this life of the Risen Christ in me. I truly am a new creature in Christ Jesus. Yes even a son of God. I am He as me, saved, I am me learning to be as He is by the Holy Spirit teaching who doth save, I am as He is as soon as this corn of wheat is planted into the ground and comes forth as He is in this world, will be as He is.

2Cr 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us];

The answer is; The Christ that is in you and He is now your life before God.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/18 15:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy