SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Quotes From HOLYWood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Quotes From HOLYWood

A twist on the "Quotes from Hollywood" material, here are some amazing quotes from Saints of the Lord:

Every time a thought of superiority or vanity moves you, examine your conscience to see if you have kept all the commandments.

Bitterness is like a snowball...it eventually leads to an avalanche.

It is not persecution of the church in China that I fear. The church has always been able to weather persecution. My fear is love of money in the church.

Difficulties to a Christian are only miracles that have not yet happened!

Men try to fix problems with duct tape. God did it with nails.

Reading the Bible without meditating on it is like trying to eat without swallowing.

How can we be strangers, if we both follow Christ?

When God comes down, He removes the immovable difficulties. When God comes down, the impossible becomes reality. God moves on behalf of the one who waits.

When we go fishing with Jesus for fish, we catch live ones and they die! When we go fishing with Jesus for men we catch dead ones and they LIVE.

Throughout the world, in nation after nation, men and women have died for their Christian faith. The very least we can do is live for our faith.

Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me.

If your day is hemmed in prayer, it is less likely to come unstitched

God is so big He can cover the whole world with his Love and so small He can curl up inside your heart.

Happy is the one who walks so close to God that he leaves no room for the devil to slip between.

A missionary is one who never gets used to the sound of heathen footsteps on their way to a Christless eternity.

Just as torches burn most brightly when swung to and fro; just as the juniper plant smells sweetest when flung into the flames; so the richest qualities of a Christian often come out under the north wind of adversity and suffering. Bruised hearts often emit the fragrance God loves to smell.

If you are a Christian, you can expect folks to criticize, but you ought to live so nobody will believe them.

2004/6/19 22:49
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re: Quotes From HOLYWood

Quote:
Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me.

I like that one...

2004/6/21 14:03Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy