SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is our relationship with him a Private thing?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Is our relationship with him a Private thing?

Is our relationship with him a Private thing?

In our today’s world, the things of God are slowly being categorized as a private thing. The devil is deceiving a many who are ignorant of the devil devices and schemes. I read only this week about a photographer who politely refused to take pictures of a homosexual wedding and was fined 6,000.00 in New Mexico. I read today how a judge made a ruling after 1 person complained that a coach of a high school athletic team could not kneel or bow his head, when the player had prayer before the game. They say our allegiance to the Lord is to be a private thing, because it offends many. It is fairly easy for me to not get angry with the people who are lost with this attitude because they obviously don’t know any better because they are lost. The people I have a problem with are those who say they are his people but refuse to stand up and be counted in anyway. We need to have a righteous anger about such and sin not.

God has never concealed HIS creation from us. He did not even conceal how he created the world.
He gave us world history from creation and more. Sent the world a Savior to suffer and die for mankind and the world made a public spectacle of his death and we say HE is a private thing. Why should he be a private thing in anyway in anything for anyone?

All through Old Testament scripture we see his people were blessed when they revered his name. and we know we face his discipline when we ignore him. He has always been an upfront and on time God, who has always given his people all they need.

In 2008 many people who claim to know him say, Lord we know things have really gotten out of hand and many people do not revere your name or give you glory as they did once. There is not much we can do about this situation except pray, we say. After all our citizenship is in heaven, we just we don’t need to rock the boat and make these people anger by telling them about you and your ways, but we only need to show them love and just remain silent. Many say, we think our service to HIM is a private thing. Oh yes, and we sure wouldn’t want to entangle himself in the affairs of this world in any manner, especially in a choosing a Godly person to lead us because the world has proclaimed that is politically correct and the devil has given us a verse to use out of context to agree with them. Imagine what would happen then if we choose a Joshua or a Daniel that would speak out agianst sin. Instead we think a person who tells us yes, I’m a Christian but I don’t think it’s improper to speak about the Lord or talk about my faith in public. There is word for that but since God saved me I have refrained from using it. Oh what a Savior!!!Lord help the blind who can't see the forest for the trees.

2008/4/15 22:31
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Is our relationship with him a Private thing?

Read this and thought you might get one or two replies. I know not everyone will answer, maybe just a few.

But it's not one of those 'hot' subjects that Christians want to discuss. Why not?

Well, it speaks of accountability to each other and to God.

It speaks of denying ourselves, ignoring our opinions and wholly trusting in God and His word. It also questions the world and those Christians who compromise the gospel by keeping their mouths shut about what the word of God says.

The word of God tells us in 2 Tim 3v12 that all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. Who wants that?

Of course Christians will not speak out, it costs too much. It cost Christ even more, but we seem to forget that.

Had heard about the photographer that you mentioned.

We do need to keep close to God in prayer, the word, Bible study etc.

But personal does not mean you clam up when the gospel is mentioned.

It think God is fair. 2 Tim 2v12 says if we deny Him, He also will deny us. That is fair, isn't it?

I think the blind can see the trees in the forest.

It is just that they don't want to.

God bless.

2008/4/17 8:26Profile

Re:

moe_mac,

this actually directly correlates to "having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace" for every armor protects us against the "wiles of the devil".

But, Be not mistaken about it moe_mac, the reason why some of MY brothers and sisters that have been REDEEMED have been timid, is because there have been so many LOUD MOUTHS like ME who proclaimed out of turn, without love, and especially WITHOUT TEARS. Brother, please keep that in your mind when you think of having a righteous anger.
I was one, like the people you said, and little by little God has given me sight to turn from my evil ways and REPRESENT Him in the Spirit that He leads me. I thank God for what enid said, we need to stick with Him first before we start standing up for Him.

But overall, make no mistake about it folks, we are here in this age because of dead fundamentalism. Reaching Holy anger without tears for our Father and our Brother our Lord Jesus, and love for men and women lead us to proclaiming empty words and deeds without the Spirit of God, which baffles me is that God says is the elementary and rudimentary aspect of our walk with our Lord Jesus

2008/4/17 10:22
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Is our relationship with him a Private thing?

Wonderful said moe_mac. This speaks to so much truth around in the "church" today.

When people start to fear the Lord more then they fear man, the gospel will spread from their lips.

2008/4/17 10:53Profile

Re:

Quote:

sb1175 wrote:
moe_mac,

this actually directly correlates to "having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace" for every armor protects us against the "wiles of the devil".

But, Be not mistaken about it moe_mac, the reason why some of MY brothers and sisters that have been REDEEMED have been timid, is because there have been so many LOUD MOUTHS like ME who proclaimed out of turn, without love, and especially WITHOUT TEARS. Brother, please keep that in your mind when you think of having a righteous anger.
I was one, like the people you said, and little by little God has given me sight to turn from my evil ways and REPRESENT Him in the Spirit that He leads me. I thank God for what enid said, we need to stick with Him first before we start standing up for Him.

But overall, make no mistake about it folks, we are here in this age because of dead fundamentalism. Reaching Holy anger without tears for our Father and our Brother our Lord Jesus, and love for men and women lead us to proclaiming empty words and deeds without the Spirit of God, which baffles me is that God says is the elementary and rudimentary aspect of our walk with our Lord Jesus

Amen, thanks for the comments and advice. On the LOUD MOUTH comment, I will wear the shoe because it obviuosly fits. Please pray for me, that I will have the correct attitude and mindset, in my service to the Lord and my love for the brethren, will be displayed in the manner the Lord would have me show it. Keep in mind false tears can be shown with words, as the actors do in Hollywood on the soap operas. Pray that my tears will be OF genuine concern for the Lord's will and for HIS people to do HIS will and not just tears for show. Tears without prayers and actions are also useless. Thanks and God Bless.

2008/4/17 11:27
JoeBenson

Greenville, South Carolina

Re:

Great word moe! It is a problem with "contemporary christianity" today to not stand up for the truth and the Word of God.

The Lord commands us to go and proclaim the gospel to every nation. That is a joke nowadays. People can't even proclaim the gospel across the street much less in another nation. Satan has gotten us all tricked into thinking about everyone elses feelings more than our dedication to the Lord.

Christians need to step up to the plate and quit playing games with God! It is time to be on fire for the Lord. However, that does not mean that we should start shouting "Everyone is going to Hell!" All things should be taught in love and respect for God.

It is time to get serious for our Lord! We spend so much time talking about God than we do spending time with God! Now is the time to proclaim His word!

Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

In Christ,

Joe

2008/4/17 15:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy