SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : One verse that would bodly proclaim the Gospel on a Tshirt?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

One verse that would bodly proclaim the Gospel on a Tshirt?

If you had one verse to chose from to evangelise to a non christian!
What would it be, I did not know whether to put this in the theological section because when you are evangelising people may only read a message once!
What verse would tell them of conviction, repentance
What gospel verse would you put to convict people!

2008/4/14 20:05Profile
HeartSong

Re: One verse that would bodly proclaim the Gospel on a Tshirt?

The Blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son, cleanseth us from all sin.
(per Keith Daniel)

2008/4/14 22:30Profile
psalm1

Re:

I saw a cool t shirt that said on the front "FOUND BOUND"
on the back it said "SET FREE"

David

2008/4/14 22:46Profile
psalm1

Re:

Can it be 3 verses?

John 3;13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

2008/4/14 23:02Profile
psalm1

Re:

This one will start aa conversation;
John 3;
8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

2008/4/14 23:23Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

- Jeremiah 29:13

:-)

2008/4/14 23:47Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Well, I suppose that the gospel is not about conviction - conviction must proceed the gospel, but the gospel itself is the good news that we can be saved simply by faith, and that regeneration, faith, and sanctification were purchased by Christ on the cross.

Maybe two verses:

Problem - "No person shall ever be justified in His sight by obedience to the Law: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." (Rom 5:8) [front of shirt]

Solution - "By one sacrifice, He has perfected forever them that are sanctified." (Heb 10:14) [Back of shirt]

I would like to put this on a shirt:

Titus 3:3-7

3At one time we ourselves were also foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
4But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour appeared toward man,
5 Not by acts of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7So that being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

2008/4/15 0:02Profile

Re:

Michael (openlife), i like those verses for the mere fact that i would never deceive myself or others that i ever did anything to even come close to salvation. there's a verse that has been boiling up inside me for about a week, John 5:40.

I don't know greek, and though i checked it online i don't understand how the brother got to the definition. but, brother bornard states, the greek reads, "you desire not to desire to come to me". and it's this that some of the verses you said speak so loudly to me.

i know i would never dare put that Jeremiah verse because that is misleading just as much as John 3:16 does. O how blind i was!

2008/4/15 8:53

Re:

I have one particular one that always starts a discussion everywhere I go... on the front it says:

This Shirt Is Illegal In 51 Countries: "Restricted Nations: 40" and "Hostile Areas: 11."

On the back it proclaims Romans 1:16.

[b]Every[/b] time I've worn it in public it sparks a conversation... every time.

Krispy

2008/4/15 10:01

NOT A VERSE, BUT COULD LEAD TO THE OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE THE VERSES.

FRONT: WANT ETERNAL LIFE
BACK: ASK ME HOW

2008/4/15 11:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy