SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A multitude of words

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love"

1 Corinthians 13

2009/11/27 11:10Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"The voice of the LORD [i]is[/i] upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD [i]is[/i] upon many waters. The voice of the LORD [i]is[/i] powerful; the voice of the LORD [i]is[/i] full of majesty."

- Psalm 29:3-4(KJV)

[i]And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake[/i]

2009/12/3 20:32Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

"At this my heart trembles, and leaps from its place.
"Hear attentively the thunder of His voice, and the rumbling that comes from His mouth."

Job 37v1-2

When the awsomness of God hits us, then maybe we'll have revival.

2009/12/9 9:37Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"But thou, O son of man, behold, they shall put bands upon thee, and shall bind thee with them, and thou shalt not go out among them: And I will make thy tongue cleave to the roof of thy mouth, that thou shalt be dumb, and shalt not be to them a reprover: for they [i]are[/i] a rebellious house. But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they [i]are[/i] a rebellious house."

- Ezekiel 3:25-27(KJV)

John 8:26

2010/1/22 20:11Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Therefore the prudent shall keep silence in that time; for it is an evil time."

- Amos 5:13(KJV)

2010/8/9 18:14Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"They hate him that rebuketh in the gate, and they abhor him that speaketh uprightly."

- Amos 5:10(KJV)

2010/8/11 17:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This verse has always challenged me.

As a person quick to speak I have had to pray many times that the LORD would set a watch on my lips. When I am to be in a group of people I have to pray that the LORD would do this. Failure to ask for God's help about always brings me to grief. Oh, yes, I know, that what it is the heart is what comes out. So, I also need to pray that God would cleanse my heart. But as it is sometimes situations come that will evoke a carnal reaction, so I need a watch.

I have also prayed that God would keep me silent in the midst of potential conflict - not say anything unless prompted by the Holy Spirit.

Ah, such are the trials of the tongue.

But God tells Ezekiel he will keep him silent until He gives him words to say....My desire is the God would also keep me silent unless there are edifying words to speak.

Thanks for the reminder, Chris.

ginnyrose

2010/8/11 18:53Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Rebuke. Uprightly.

Such as it is, they are needed in the church, but not accepted by many.

We are told in Isaiah 59v15, 'Yea, tuth faileth, and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey...

However, we are to guard our words. James reminds us that a fountain cannot contain both sweet and bitter water.

So it should be with our speech.

If someone walks uprightly, and we are rebuked by them, do we have the grace and maturity to accept it?

God bless.

2010/8/12 6:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy