SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Canadian Politicians Seek To Ban Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Canadian Politicians Seek To Ban Bible

Here in Canada where I live (Moncton, NB), there are certain politicians and civil servants seeking to legislate the Word of God as hate literature and most Christians are up in arms over this possibility.

Because of the content of the Word of God, such as war, homosexuality being an abomination, etc etc, the Government is seeking to rid the Bible from the hands of Canadians....

Here's a twist!

Should they take a vote to ban the Word of God, would that be a BAD thing or a GOOD thing?

If it became illegal for anyone here to possess a Bible it would certainly seperate the chaff from the wheat.

Ban the Bible?! Yes, it might very welll be a good thing as those who aren't all that serious about the Lord would be known easily as they stopped reading the Word and proclaiming it out of fear.

As for me.... Let em ban the Bible! The DAY hey do, I'm on Main Street with my Sound System and I'm going to preach revival and then get fined for Jesus!

Pray, American brothers, that God will have HIS way in this.

Many think that "bad" situations are "of the devil". Possibly, and possibly NOT; God alone holds the world and the devil and all men together by the Word of His Power.

Maybe God WANTS the Word to be so unpoular and hated that only the Truly Dedicated will take hold of it's truths.

Causing the Word to be taken out of this country will only serve to STRENGTHEN the true disciples of Jesus Christ.

Daniel.

2004/6/19 8:22
InigoMontoya

Michigan

Re: Canadian Politicians Seek To Ban Bible

I've been hearing about this and seen a few brief excerpts in the news. Could you possibly post some links to news articles on this?

You have some interesting points. I've heard many times that a collapse of America's economy could be the greatest GOOD thing to ever happen to us. If it makes us realize that prosperity comes from God, and helps us repent what we've become.

I deffinately wouldn't vote to ban Holy Scripture thouth!

2004/6/19 17:01Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I've heard similar from a friend of mine that used to live in British Columbia. I think that's so sad that men's hearts would be so dark that they would seek to outlaw that which brings freedom.

2004/6/19 17:20Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Hmmm... well I don't know much about how your Canadian government works. I have wanted to look into it since a part of my heritage is found in Montreal. What kind of government do you guys have?

I don't know that I agree with God wanting His Word to only be in the hands of His true followers. As far as I know, He wants [i]everyone[/i] to come to know Him and have access to Him. To me that sounds like the Jews thinking God was only their God and not the Gentiles' too. I do see what you're saying though, about loyalty to God being tested if the Word ended up being banned up there. But again, I don't think it's the will of God. And if you do have the right to vote on this up there, I would. Do your part, pray, and trust God to take care of the whole situation.

2004/6/19 17:26Profile

Re:

I do not believe for a moment that the Lord desires the Word to be in everyone's hands, as stated.

Let me briefly explain.

God doesn't want the UNrepentant who refuse to repent to "have His Word".

God doesn't want the drug pusher who refuses to stop selling drugs to "have His Word".

God doesn't want the child molester who refuses to repent to "have His Word".

Can you see what I mean?

Yes, the Lord DOES desire His Word to be spoken and meditated upon....

Yet....

We read in Jeremiah 23 that people were STEALING the Word of God.

To steal it means it belongs to God and He considers a theif the one who takes His Word and refuses to live it.

God forbid that any man who hates the Word, refuses to live by that Word and loves sin in SPITE of knowing the claims of the Word.....God forbid that that man should have it.

Daniel

2004/6/19 18:14
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Brother Daniel,

I have to reply. You said some interesting things in that last post. And in reading them, I had some other thoughts...

You said..."God doesn't want the UNrepentant who refuse to repent to "have His Word".

God doesn't want the drug pusher who refuses to stop selling drugs to "have His Word".

God doesn't want the child molester who refuses to repent to "have His Word"."

Jesus came into this world as "The Word". He lived among us. God loved so much that he did what? He gave. The Bible tells us that while we were yet sinners (actively and violently sinning against His Person) Christ came and died for us. God gave us, those who do not understand, those who do not seek God nor are capable of doing any good, His Word. "The word that I speak to you, it is Spirit and it is life." Wasn't that what blew John the Apostle away? "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of Life..." 1 John 1:1.

In Romans 3, Paul quotes David in Psalm 14:1-3. "There is none righteous, no not one. There is none who understandeth, there is non that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

Faith comes by 'hearing' and hearing by the word of God. Or reading it (all alone), or seeing it (lived out in a life), or feeling it (braile), or hearing it (preached).

Which reminds me of what you said at the end of your first post, "As for me.... Let em ban the Bible! The DAY they do, I'm on Main Street with my Sound System and I'm going to preach revival and then get fined for Jesus!"

Why would you wait until that awful day to stand up and do what you could do freely and legally now?

2004/6/19 22:59Profile

Re: Oarsman:

Note that my statements were directed to those who were UNrepentant.

Jesus WAS (and IS) "The Word".

Was He given to those who received Him not?

Was Christ Salvation to to those who refused to repent? Of course not.

And THAT is what I was seeking to convey.

I remain firm in my last post in saying that God doesn't desire His Word to be in the hands of the unrepentant...

What is unrepentant? It's one who DID have the Word and refused to obey.

And God isn't interested in having someone live in sin while preaching the Word, knowing that what they are doing is evil.

The God revealed in Scripture isn't about allowing people who know His Word to preach it and then totally NOT live it.

At least that's what the Lord has impressed upon my heart.

God forbid that a hypocrite should "have the Word".

Daniel

Quote:

oarsman7 wrote:
Brother Daniel,

I have to reply. You said some interesting things in that last post. And in reading them, I had some other thoughts...

You said..."God doesn't want the UNrepentant who refuse to repent to "have His Word".

God doesn't want the child molester who refuses to repent to "have His Word"."

Jesus came into this world as "The Word". He lived among us. God loved so much that he did what? He gave. The Bible tells us that while we were yet sinners (actively and violently sinning against His Person) Christ came and died for us. God gave us, those who do not understand, those who do not seek God nor are capable of doing any good, His Word. "The word that I speak to you, it is Spirit and it is life." Wasn't that what blew John the Apostle away? "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of Life..." 1 John 1:1.

In Romans 3, Paul quotes David in Psalm 14:1-3. "There is none righteous, no not one. There is none who understandeth, there is non that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

Faith comes by 'hearing' and hearing by the word of God. Or reading it (all alone), or seeing it (lived out in a life), or feeling it (braile), or hearing it (preached).

Which reminds me of what you said at the end of your first post, "As for me.... Let em ban the Bible! The DAY they do, I'm on Main Street with my Sound System and I'm going to preach revival and then get fined for Jesus!"

Why would you wait until that awful day to stand up and do what you could do freely and legally now?

2004/6/20 15:13
lwpray

Sweden

The Word of God present and actively displayed through a broken vessel in a society produces repentance.

The ban on Bibles might rather be a judgment on the ones who should have used in a way which would have produced repentance, i.e. the preacher and evangelist.

We were smuggling bibles into the old Soviet Union for many years, finding many willing to give their lives to own one and finding many willing to live its message.

Repentance seldom comes in situations where a biblical message is neglected by those who brag about being on the forefront without carrying a substantial testimony regarding spiritual reality.

The hate literature affair reveals the true state of the condition of the modern church.
Humility outweighs hate, but not among most fellowships these days.

2004/6/20 15:38Profile

Re: IWPRAY

Very good slant on the issue, IWPRAY.

2004/6/20 17:37
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Why wait .we are to proclaim his word,in season and out of season. Did Jesus speak only to those who were going to come into the kingdom, he spoke to scribes, Pharisees. romans. Go ye unto all the world and teach all nations.The word of the Lord is also used by the devil. he said You just follow me. I think I will and leave the sorting to him. cast your bread beside all waters

2004/6/20 18:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy