SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holy Living

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LiveforGod

Holy Living

Jesus Christ is separate from sinners. Those who sin are without God.

For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens.@ Heb. 7:26.

That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.@ Eph. 2:12.

Christ Jesus came that we could be completely delivered from our sins and live before Him in righteousness all of our days.

That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.@ Luke 1:74, 75.

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.@ Titus 2:11, 12.

Christ Jesus gave Himself for our sins that we would be made righteous and daily live before Him in holiness.

Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father.@ Galatians 1:3, 4.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.@ 2 Corinthians 5:21.

God has designed that all who would come unto Him through His Son would have good works, namely purity of life in word, thought, and deed.

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.@ Hebrews 7:25.

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.@ Eph. 1:4.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.@ Eph. 2:10.

Christ makes us free from sin in our mortal bodies that we may glorify Him through holy living.

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.@ 1 Cor. 6:20.

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.@ Romans 8:11.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.@ Romans 6:12.

Being saved is living a life completely free of sin through Christ Jesus, who enables us to die to sin, making us free from its hold on us.

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead (to sin) is freed from sin.@ Romans 6:7.

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.@ Romans 6:11.

But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.@ Romans 6:17, 18.

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.@ Romans 6:22.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.@ Romans 8:1-4.

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.@ 1 Jn. 3:5, 6.

The difference between a believer and a non-believer is that believers do not commit sin, while non-believers do. Christ came to destroy the works of Satan and his works are sin.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.@ 1 John 3: 8-10.

Christ is holy, harmless, undefiled, and separate from sinners and those who are saved are like Him in this world.

For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens.@ Heb. 7:26.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.@ 1 John 4:17.

2008/4/11 18:40Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Holy Living

Work in me by Thy grace; work in me godliness,
work in me holiness, work in me righteousness,
work in me Thy blessed Will, by Thy Spirit, Lord;
By Thy Spirit!!

2008/4/11 20:49Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Brother, I have to say that you bring great joy to my life. Everytime I read your responses in sermonindex I admire the love that comes from you, and the very wise words that you use as well. You remind me of Nathaniel, one of the Lord's desiple. "Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!" John 1:47.

Yes brother, it is by his spirit that we are here and that we are who we are; though I be nothing like the apostle Paul said in 2 chorinthians 12.

God be with you allways. Let us wait for his comming, it is nearrer than it was 2000 years ago. :-)

2008/4/12 10:47Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

The joy we share comes from knowing that as
we abide in Him; we are complete in Him and
perfected in His love and that One blessed
day we shall see Him as He is and we shall
become like Him!! :-D

2008/4/13 19:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.