Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Bride of Christ Question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BrianPaul

Moorpark, CA

Bride of Christ Question

I have a question for any of you have thought about this or heard it. I know i have heard Leonard Ravenhill talk about, not all Christians are part of the bride of Christ just those who are pure, clean, holy, etc. I can go more into what i have heard him say, but ill refrain for now.
I am just wondering if you have heard this type of teaching before and what your take is on it. So far, i believe Ravenhill, as much as i love the guy, doesn't seem to have a good foundation for this doctrine. I know he uses the parable of the ten virgins to support his views.
Anyway let me know what you guys and gals have for me on this subject.

2008/4/11 13:00Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re: Bride of Christ Question

Interesting post, I have heard others speak about this briefly. In the Book " Glimpses of Heaven" Erwin Lutzer does a piece about the Bride of Christ and how every single person in the Church does not participate in the " marriage supper of the Lamb" ( is that what Ravenhill was saying?)

The Scripture he used, and the scripture Ravenhill could have possibly also been referring to, is:

Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: [b]for the fine linen is the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF SAINTS[/b]. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, [b]Blessed are they WHICH ARE CALLED unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.[/b] And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

We should remember, the Church is already adorned in white & fine linen, but it appears this group of people are dressed in another "fine linen"-which is separate from everyone else. Which may be why in vers 9, he says " Blessed are THEY WHICH ARE CALLED unto the marriage supper" denoting that all, or everyone will not be called unto the marriage supper. Just a possible thought...

Which sermon did you hear Ravenhill mention this?

2008/4/11 13:27Profile
BrianPaul

Moorpark, CA

Re:

What you are referring to is what i have heard Ravenhill speak about. The sermon was "I Will Come Again", and i know he has talked about it before in other sermons too. Thanks for the revelation verse. I can say this just reading what you posted makes me want to strive harder after God. I don't want to be not part of the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Also i wonder what the practical application is of this doctrine. For example, i know i struggle with sins. I am wondering if in the Christian life one can rid himself of all known sins. I can understand their are sins in our life that we commit and don't know we are committing. I really believe that we can find victory in Christ to rid ourselves of all ungodliness. Now the question seems to come up, can we be perfect in this life. Many Christians will say we cant, but scripturally i don't know that verse that supports we will always sin. Also i have not figured out in my own life how to attain not committing intentional sins. Sometimes i think this is a serious problem and other times i throw it in the trunk and say God sees that i am trying. Then you read passages like Eph 5:5 "5For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God." and this is a letter to christians.
I will say this, Mark 9:23 "23Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."
Also, Mark 10:27 "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."

When we say its impossible to be perfect in this life as Christians with Christ we make God a liar.
(also just to clarify i am not preaching sinless perfection). This is all said to encourage our hearts to strive harder after God.

2008/4/11 14:14Profile

Re: Bride of Christ Question

Quote:
I know i have heard Leonard Ravenhill talk about, not all Christians are part of the bride of Christ just those who are pure, clean, holy, etc.

The Bride of Christ are those who are washed in the Blood of the Lamb.

ALL Christians are the Bride of Christ, or else they would not be called Christians.

Maybe he meant to say...not all that call themselves Christians are really Christians.

We know Paul taught Jesus will present to HIMSELF a church without spot or wrinkle. Only God is Holy and Pure.

Jesus sanctifies the Church.

Just as Eve was the bride of Adam....taken out of his rib, so too is the Church, the Body of Christ...bone of His bone, flesh of His flesh.

Everyone who is baptized into the Body of Christ is a member of Christ's Body.

Those who come in even in the last hour are as much saved as those who have been saved for years.

We bring forth fruit unto God...some 30, some 60 and some 100%.

Romans 6:22
But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

No where in scripture is it taught that only those who have produced 100%(sinless perfection) will be the Bride of Christ.

Katy

2008/4/11 14:33

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy