SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Today, I'm praising God for... 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
I would like to share a story I heard last Sunday that is truly a jaw-dropper.

Ever think how much God not only protects us but others? Consider this:

Recently an 18-wheeler was barreling down a four-lane highway just a few miles north of us. The driver felt a strong inclination to pull over into the left lane for which there was no apparent reason to do so. After he crested the hill, there he saw a man on all fours crawling down the middle of the right lane!

This left him shaking and weak...knowing full well why and Who compelled him to pull over into the other lane!

God not only saved the life of a man he also saved the driver from the trauma of killing a man accidentally.

This just makes us so much more aware of how much we need to pray for divine protection when we get on the road.

Yes, God is so good - all the time!

Blessings,
ginnyrose

Amen Ginny, a few months ago, I was washing dishes and my wife was on her way home from work. She had called me on her cell when she left work and we talked a few minutes. I felt an uneasiness about her when I looked at the clock and seen it was almost time for her to be home. I prayed right then, Lord please look over her. A few minutes later she arrived home. Later that night, after we ate, she was telling me about the huge buck deer, with horns, that ran in front of her car that day as she was coming home. I said where were you at when this happened. She said just inside the city limits of our hometown. She said, I don't know how I missed him. This was about the same moment, according to the time when I looked at the clock and felt the uneasiness and said the prayer. We need to be mindful of these promptings. Thank You Lord.

2008/4/30 13:43
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Today, I'm praising God for... protection from the Storm/tornado

Saturday's storm provided us with a reminder how God, in his providence, so kindly protected us from physical harm by removing us from harm's path. Allow me to explain.

Saturday a tornado hit our greenhouses, damaging them; uprooted trees, broke trees. And we were not there to endure this storm and therein lies a remarkable story.

Usually my husband is at the greenhouse during this time of the day, the exception being on Sunday. But events led my DH to leave the GHs early, come home. He had wanted to go to the city to buy a fan to replace one that died but after showering and taking a nap, lost interest in doing that so we stayed home instead. As for me, God kept me busy doing things that I normally do not do on Saturdays and was behind with the things normally done then. Had we gone to the city, we would have been there when we got the call of damage incurred which would have also meant gas wasted, time wasted....as it is fuel and time were saved; and no one got hurt. If DH would have been there he could have gotten killed because of the trees that were uprooted: He often parks his pick-up there; in the GHs - severe injury could have been incurred because of the pipes/rafters that came down...

As a result from the storm, we had men from our brotherhood and other similar minded Christians in our community come and help us in the clean-up. They helped my DH get the GHs into survival mode so we can finish this crop. The trees were cut up and piled up for later burning (hack-berry does not make good firewood - it does not burn hot).

In the midst of all this God protected us from harm, did not prevent destruction from the tornado, but having allowed it, it provided the local believers with an opportunity to demonstrate their love for us by rendering assistance - free of charge!

Is God good? Certainly...but is it not tragic that we often have to see it contrasted with destruction to see it?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/5/29 8:34Profile

Re: Today, I'm praising God for... 2

This from Redemption Hymnal, was a favourite of Edgar Parkyns. It has been on my heart all week, but I can't find it online - neither the words by George Perfect, nor the music by Powell G Fithian, called Summer Land (6.4.6.4.6.6.6.4) - which seems even more reason to share it, in hope it is a particular blessing to someone.

Jesus was slain for me
At Calvary
Crowned with thorns was He
At Calvary
There He in anguish died
There from His opened side
Poured forth the crimson tide
At Calvary

Pardoned is all my sin
At Calvary
Cleansed is my heart within
At Calvary
Now robes of praise I wear
Gone are my grief and care
Christ bore my burdens there
At Calvary

Wondrous His love for me
At Calvary
Glorious His victory
At Calvary
Vanquished are death and hell
Oh, let His praises swell
Ever my tongue shall tell
Of Calvary

Possible tunes
[url=http://www.ccel.org/cceh/0004/x000484.htm]More love to Thee - Doane[/url]

[url=http://www.ccel.org/cceh/0004/x000418.htm]Something for Jesus - Lowry[/url]

This also, has blessed me this week. I praise God for the men and women who could write like this - both the words and great spiritual music.

[url=http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/n/e/w/newsong.htm]With harps and with vials,[/url] there stand a great throng,
In the presence of Jesus, and sing this new song: ...

2009/5/17 4:17
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
Is God good? Certainly...but is it not tragic that we often have to see it contrasted with destruction to see it?

This, indeed, is the tragedy.

Oh how wonderful He is to have used this storm to bring forth so many blessings. How He loves you ginnyrose.

2009/5/17 8:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

HeartSong,

This is an excellent thread to 'resurrect'...

This morning I had another incident where I really praised God.

Allow me to back off a bit and explain: I know the enemy is working heard to get me discouraged for different reasons but the main one at the moment has to do with me preparing to teach VBS.

Anyhow, I need new clothes. I sew them but have so little time to do it. The LORD does not want me to buy them so to the sewing machine I go (and I love to sew - wish this was all I had to do!). But would you know I could NOT find my pattern..I looked everywhere and was totally baffled where on earth it went to. Long story-short (EDIT: and a day later): I asked the LORD to help me find it and about this time I got this inkling I should look in a certain bag. You guessed it: it was in there! My heart was filled with so much gratitude and praise....Thank you so much LORD!!!

I know this sounds so trivial but I am asking the LORD to teach me to recognize his voice when he speaks and he does start with the little things...but life also teaches us how huge little things can become...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/5/27 15:11Profile

Re: Today, I'm praising God for ... 2

I hadn't noticed there was a new post above, when I posted.

Quote:
My heart was filled with so much gratitude and praise....Thank you so much LORD!!!

How good is the God we adore,
Our faithful, unchangeable Friend,
Whose love is as great as His power
And knows neither measure nor end.

'Tis Jesus the first and the last,
Whose Spirit shall guide us safe home,
We'll praise Him for all that is past,
And trust Him for all that's to come.

[i]Tune - [url=http://www.smallchurchmusic.com/MP3/MP3-ThisIsTheGodWeAdore-PipeL1C-128-CAM.mp3]Celeste[/url][/i]

2009/6/16 13:56
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I know this sounds so trivial . . .

It is never trivial to trust in the Lord - [i]especially[/i] in the small things. Is it not a greater thing to turn to Him for the things that we could probably solve ourselves rather than the things that are so big that we have no other choice? How He must delight when we turn to Him in every thing.

The other day I was walking by the railroad tracks and decided to walk the rails. Unfortunately I was not doing very well and kept loosing my balance after a just a few steps - so I turned to the Lord and asked Him to help me - I went a full 10 feet without even a waver. I had to get off then because my heart was so full of joy that He would help me even in such a thing as that.

What a precious Saviour we have - ever Faithful, ever True. We could not ask for a greater friend than He.

2009/6/16 16:33Profile
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

Re: Today, I'm praising God for... 2

I’m praising God for His unbelievable grace in seeing dear friends through the birth of their daughter born with a severe birth defect, who wasn’t expected to live but a few hours after being born. She was born on Monday and God gave them three days with her. They chose to spend those three days loving her, caring for her and unselfishly sharing her with others, allowing many to experience a wondrous miracle of God. How extravagantly He showered His children with His perfect peace and filled them with His strength. It was certainly one of the most profound and beautiful scenes I’ve ever witnessed. Praise the LORD! It was also a powerful testimony as to the sanctity of life. That dear couple made the choice to “let God be God” and surrender to that painful experience instead of choosing to avoid it all together as many would have done early in the pregnancy when they learned that the child was critically handicapped.

Yesterday afternoon their preacher came by and asked them how they would like him to pray. They said they were ready for her to go to Jesus as she was fighting hard to live, yet suffering so at the same time. As the minister was praying, the LORD JESUS took that precious baby in peaceful silence, a stark contrast to the gasping and struggling she had been experiencing all day. Now all is well, and although they have deep sadness, there is hope in the LORD that they will meet again. Blessed be the name of the LORD.

2009/6/19 7:34Profile

Re:

amen!!

2009/6/19 9:33

Re: Today, I'm praising God ... 2

Today, I'm praising the Lord for proving His practical word to me in this last week, in a promise He made to me several years ago, in which He has never yet failed. It has been a test which I felt I could not share aloud, until I'd received the answer. Praise God, He cannot fail!

Hallelujah to the God only wise, the immortal, invisible Creator, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[url=http://songoffaith.com/mp3s/Albums/OnlyLoveIsSpokenHere/OLISH_LeanHardOnMe_DonFrancisco.mp3]Lean Hard on Me by Don Francisco[/url]

2009/8/22 8:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy