SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : And the Pharisees said.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

And the Pharisees said.

And the Pharisees Said

Matt 9:34
34 But the Pharisees said, "It is by the prince of demons that he drives out demons."

Mark 2:24
24 The Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?"

John 9:16-17
16 Some of the Pharisees said, "This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath."
But others asked, "How can a sinner do such miraculous signs?" So they were divided.
17 Finally they turned again to the blind man, "What have you to say about him? It was your eyes he opened."

John 12:19
19 So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!"

Matt 9:11
11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

Matt 12:14
14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

Matt 12:38
38 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, "Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you."

Matt 22:34-36
the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

Mark 7:5
5 So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, "Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with 'unclean' hands?"

Mark 8:11
11 The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven.

Mark 12:13-15
13 Later they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to Jesus to catch him in his words. 14 They came to him and said, "Teacher, we know you are a man of integrity. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not? 15 Should we pay or shouldn't we?"

Luke 5:21
21 The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

Luke 19:39
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"

John 8:13
13 The Pharisees challenged him, "Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid."

John 12:42-43
But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved praise from men more than praise from God.

We have an example in the scriptures of a man who was transformed when he met Jesus on the road to Damascus. He no longer stood with the people in the religious crowd who were confined to the teachings of scripture only in the synagogue, although Jesus taught and fulfilled scripture in the synagogue and everywhere else. Paul saw the teaching of the gospel as the most important thing in life. He also desired that all people as well as the government leaders be transformed by the gospel he and gave them the gospel without any reservations.

Acts 26:25-29

25 "I am not insane, most excellent Festus," Paul replied. "What I am saying is true and reasonable. 26 The king is familiar with these things, and I can speak freely to him. I am convinced that none of this has escaped his notice, because it was not done in a corner. 27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do."

[b]28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"
29 Paul replied, "Short time or long-I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."[/b]

2008/4/8 14:39
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: And the Pharisees said.

After reading all that there seems to be a lot of Pharisees in the modern day Churches.

2008/4/8 19:59Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy