SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Elohiym: Creator

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
RevBenjamin

Re:

Quote:
Besides that, verse 13 in NO WAY negates verse 12 which clearly says that the end-time saints are those who will be keeping the commandments of God and who have the faith of Yeshua

Maybe I should have said verse 13 is the Crowning Glory of verse 12.

Romans 6 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? [u]3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? [/u] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

The works that follow are the works of Christ.

We enter into the Finished works upon the Cross, thereby entering His Rest.

Those in Hebrews 4 could not enter in. We cannot keep a Sabbath Rest anymore than we can keep salvation. It is a Gift. Entering His Rest is to enter into eternal life. We enter at Calvary, crucified with Christ and raised up together with Him, a New Creation.

My prayer for you Stephen is to come face to face with the truth of the Gospel.

R.G. Benjamin

2008/4/23 20:01Profile
jayyou

Re:

Hello to all the saints here.

Please allow me to make a couple of comments.

Dear brother RevBenjamin.

You quoted: """""Those who have the 'mark of the beast' have no rest, day or night. They are still of the old creation under the Old Covenant"""""

Dear brother, where did you find this in the bible, please back this up with scriptures?

What you call bondage, or mark of the beast in my bible it is describe as something quite different.

Exodus 25:16 And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you.

Yes, the TESTIMONY, and that is why the ark was called

Exodus 25:21-22 "You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you. 22 "And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony.

======

You say that you are in the new covenant, could you please explain to me this.

Exodus 34:28 And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Exodus 25:16 "And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you.

Exodus 31:18 And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

Here we have the Ten Commandments being described into three different ways,

On - The words of the covenant.

Two - Testimony of God.

three - All the words that God Commanded you.

My questions to you.

Can you point out to us, what are the words of the New covenant, or if you want to call it this way , what are the laws that God promised to put in our hearts and minds?

Scriptures clearly identifies the Ten Commandments as the Words of the Covenant.

Second question is, How you being a Gentile, include yourself in a Covenant that was given to Israel and the House of Judah and Exclude yourself from the words of the Covenant, Please if you say that the Ten commandments are not longer the words of the Covenant then please point out to us where is the substitute for them?

Plese when answering this questions, if you will answer them for I had asked other questions to you and you totally ignored my message.

would you please romans two, for I believe that is how we Gentiles include ourselves into the New Covenant.

Yes, by becoming an inwardly Jew, and having my heart circumcised.

God bless you in your walk with Him.....

Jayme

2008/4/24 7:27Profile
jayyou

Re:

Dear brother Strider100,

I would like to ask you a question.

I was writing to dear Brother RevBenjamin, and I came accross this verse.

Exodus 25:16 "And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you.

Exodus 25:21 and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you.

Exodus 25:22 "And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment to the children of Israel.

That lead me to research what the word Testimony means. and I have these two definitions that I found at wikipedia in the religious section.

============

FIRST DEFINITION.

In religion, testimony generally involves an inward belief or outward profession of faith or of personal religious experience.

Now, It got me thinking why would God call the Ten Commandments His Testimony, for according to this description, Testimony is the outward profession of faith or religious experience.

Now, we all know that

1 John 4:8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

Jesus summed up the law in two great commandments.

Matthew 22:37-39 Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 "This is the first and great commandment. 39 "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
======

Having said that I was thinking about the first definition oF Testimony.

When God Gave us the Ten commandments, he gave us an outward profession of His Character, which is Love.

He gave two tablets = two great commandments.

First tablet = How man should love God, containing four commandments, in which the SAbbath is the longst of the all. God explained it in more detail then any other commandment.

Second tablet = How man should love each other.

============

SECOND DEFINITION.

testifying is also referred to as "bearing one's testimony," and often involves the sharing of personal experience—ranging from a simple anecdote to an account of personal revelation—followed by a statement of belief that has been confirmed by this experience.

============

Jesus said:

Matthew 10:32-33 " Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

As I mentioned before the second description of Testimony, is referred to as "bearing one's testimony," and often involves the sharing of personal experience.

Aplying this to our lives should mean that we must share to other what Jesus has done in our lives, therefore confessing Him before men.

Remember what Jesus said after healing the men with demons.

Luke 8:39 "Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you." And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

+++++++

I then was thinking about that text in Revelation.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Now, According to the two definitions given, I believe that this verse could be read like this.

who keep the Testimony of God, Ten Commandments.

====
which defines love between men toward God and men toward men

Exodus 25:21 and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you.
====

and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

===
Which means bearing witness of what Jesus did for us. by Confessing Him as the Saviour of the world.

Philippians 2:11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I would love to hear your comments on this.

May the love of Christ our Lord be indwelling in all His Children.

2008/4/24 9:49Profile
RevBenjamin

Re:

Jayyou,

unbelief=faithlessness. Not all men have faith. There is only one kind of faith that pleases God. Obedience.

What do you hear?

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

The old creation is at war with the New Creation.

The old creation is controlled by who?

The New Creation is controlled by who?

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

R.G. Benjamin

2008/4/24 10:12Profile
jayyou

Re:

Dear brother RevBenjamin,

Dear brother I asked you quite a few question on my last post to you.

I am not sure if your last message tried to answer some of my question but I failed to see it.

Please go back to my last message and if you have the time, could you please at least answer some of my question to you.

Thank you....

2008/4/24 10:35Profile
jayyou

Re:

sorry I pushed the send buttom twice and it duplicated the same message.

2008/4/24 10:36Profile
RevBenjamin

Re:

Jayyou,
Your questions have been answered time and time again. There is nothing I can add.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, [u]all things are become new.[/u]

R.G. Benjamin

2008/4/24 11:33Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Hbr 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:10-12 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

For this covenant to be in effect, all shall know Him. This cannot take effect until Christ sits on David's Throne after the tribulation and the millennial kingdom has come. Then is when He will put His Laws in the minds and Hearts of Israel.

This cannot be for the Body of Christ for our commission is reconciliation and teach every nation.

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This is the implementing of the New Covenant with Israel, Not the Body of Christ.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the New covenant in His Blood for the Body of Christ His Church;

Hbr 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.

Hbr 8:13 In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

It has vanished away and is no longer in effect.
For this is the New Covenant in His Blood.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Jhn 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

This will not happen in the millennial Kingdom on this earth, for He will be here and they have no need to fast or partake of His blood and flesh in remembrance of Him.

This is our remembrance and fast and our covenant.

Mark 2:18-20 And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and they come and say unto him, Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but thy disciples fast not? And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast. But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

This is for His Bride the Body of Christ His Church, not the people of Israel whom God will put His words in their minds and hearts.

Luk 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1Cr 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake [it], and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1Cr 11:25 After the same manner also [he took] the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink [it], in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

No words in our hearts or minds, for we are in Christ and have His Mind, and only need renew our minds to His Mind, The Person of Christ and another Person, which is the Holy Spirits wonderful work in the Body of Christ His Church.

The Person of Christ Himself in in us, we are present with the Lord and have no need as Israel will to have anything written in our hearts and minds, for we clearly have "The Mind of Christ" in us now.

That is why the old is passed away and the New has already come in the lives of the Born Again son's of God. Which the nation of Israel will never be. As individual believers, yes, just like the rest of the Body of Christ.

2Cr 5:17 Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Those in the millennium will not be in Christ, for He will be with them and have to write His Word in the minds and hearts at that time, not for us the Body of Christ, for We Have The Mind of Christ. So let us renew our minds to this miracle that is Birthed in us, and truly see the things of the Kingdom of God where we are already seated in the Heavenlies with Him.

In Christ, a new creature: Phillip

2008/4/24 14:32Profile
sscr01

Re:

God's Covenant with man is The Ten Commandments. It is just as much a trangression of the law to break the fourth commandment, as any of the other nine.

"Who forgiveth all thine iniquities,(lawlessness) who healeth all thy diseases...As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions (of the law: 1 John 3:4) from us...TO SUCH AS KEEP HIS COVENANT, AND TO THOSE THAT REMEMBER HIS COMMANDMENTS TO DO THEM." Ps 103.

How do you know, that, you are forgiven, if you do not keep ALL of His commandments?

(Interesting word - "Remember.")

2008/4/24 15:14Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

And they did not and Killed the Son of Glory.

God's covenant with man is believe on the Name of the Son of God and you will be saved.

Remember; Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

John 3:14-23 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/24 23:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy