SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 2 Samuel 14:17, spiritual gift of discernment?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Brother Chris wrote:

But what do you mean Jeff, that God brought David into the world and wrote a book that testified of him? I don't think you mean that, but that is what is spoken of here...

We are given the Scriptures which testify of the effect of God's "lovingkindness" on David's heart.

Listen to this song which God gave David...

Psa 139:1 PSALM 139
For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
Psa 139:2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
Psa 139:3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
Psa 139:4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
Psa 139:5 You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Psa 139:6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.

Psa 139:7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
Psa 139:8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
Psa 139:9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Psa 139:10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
Psa 139:11 If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall[fn1] on me,"
Even the night shall be light about me;
Psa 139:12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

Psa 139:13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[fn2]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
Psa 139:15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Psa 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Psa 139:17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
Psa 139:18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.

Psa 139:19 Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
Psa 139:20 For they speak against You wickedly;
Your enemies take Your name in vain.[fn3]
Psa 139:21 Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
Psa 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.

Psa 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
Psa 139:24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

We know from Scripture that God's Spirit worked wonderfully in David, even in the womb of his mother.

In this song we find these words which line up with the Scripture found in Psalm 40....

Psa 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Lunch time is over...please be patient...I want to continue...

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2008/4/10 12:37Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""Listen to this song which God gave David""

Would not this song pertain to all mankind, for He knows all our ways.

Would you rather have the mercies of God on David's life or would you rather be a son yourself?

Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Phl 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is

We are no longer servants of God as David was, we are sons.

Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

This then is the big difference between David and a new testament believer, a servant and a son of man and a man of God which David was, after God's own heart, and or being a son of the free woman, not in bondage, being a free indeed son of God.

We have God's own heart in us by the Son Himself, born again in us, making us sons of God which God called not David.

I would much rather be a son, than be a servant David. Because a son can love the Father like the Son that is birthed in us does by His power and His might.

Do you really think that David love God more than Jesus did?

Some one once told me, "he perceived I was a prophet, my answer was, I am sorry I will not step down to be prophet because I am a son of God by His Son that is in me making me a fellow heir with Jesus Christ to God's whole house.

This again is the mystery give by Paul.

Have you truly read this and comprehend what it means?

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Are you an heir or still a child servant?

Galatians 4:1-9 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Don't take on the bondage of the old testament, which David was in and all with Him until after the Cross.

Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Are you a son of the free woman or still a son in bondage of the bond woman.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/10 18:39Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy