Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : USA 2008: The Great Depression

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 USA 2008: The Great Depression

[b]USA 2008: The Great Depression[/b]

We knew things were bad on Wall Street, but on Main Street it may be worse. Startling official statistics show that as a new economic recession stalks the United States, a record number of Americans will shortly be depending on food stamps just to feed themselves and their families.

Dismal projections by the Congressional Budget Office in Washington suggest that in the fiscal year starting in October, 28 million people in the US will be using government food stamps to buy essential groceries, the highest level since the food assistance programme was introduced in the 1960s.

The increase – from 26.5 million in 2007 – is due partly to recent efforts to increase public awareness of the programme and also a switch from paper coupons to electronic debit cards. But above all it is the pressures being exerted on ordinary Americans by an economy that is suddenly beset by troubles. Housing foreclosures, ...

2008/4/2 10:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: USA 2008: The Great Depression

Thank God that our God is not limited to providing to his Children even in a Recession or Depression or what wall street does. I am in the Air Conditioning and Heating business in Houston, Tx. for over 30 years and we are having the best year ever thank you Lord.

"Maybe" God is providing an abundance to my business so we can help out the less fortunate in the rough days to come, but bottom line is we as Christians should never look to Wall Street or Politicians or Government for our provisions, we should look to God, this is what I have always done and he has always provided, sometimes more than enough and sometimes has just meet our needs but we are still in the black... ;-)

2008/4/2 10:36Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
so we can help out the less fortunate in the rough days to come

They will know us by our love.

2008/4/2 11:34Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am in the Air Conditioning and Heating business in Houston, Tx. for over 30 years and we are having the best year ever thank you Lord.

David Wilkerson said in his book the Vision that what he saw coming was a "recession". He made that very clear. He said that he didn't see a "depression", but a recession that will affect every wage earner in America. He said that ministries need to make sure they are hearing from God before they spend money on a building program, because things are going to get really tight.

There may be another boom that will come just before we feel the full impact of this, but what is certain is that what Wilkerson spoke of is here.

We need to get out of debt.

2008/4/2 15:57

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy