SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Love one another with a pure heart fervently

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Commitment, abandonment, and surrender

So you have these qualities, then what? How do you connect with other Believers? Or, do you go on your own way, independent of others?

This video was beautiful: it demonstrated the beauty of teamwork which reminds me of a children's song we used to sing when I was a child (and still do when I teach children:

If we all pull together,
Pull together,
Pull together,
If we all pull together,
How happy we'll be.

When your work
Is my work
And my work
Is God's work,
If we all pull together
How happy we'll be!

Thanks for sharing this link. I enjoyed it immensely.

ginnyrose

2008/4/9 22:49Profile
destinysweet

Re:

Well now that the cold grip of winter has passed and I've become abit more aquainted with my surroundings ,I've been going out for walks and speaking to whomever God leads me to talk to.I have great success in finding those who are praying for fellowship or are desiring to get closer to God..more serious about their walk.

We are interdependant in the body of Christ..never independant.

Besides interacting with my children and all their friends,who are open to hear and discuss whatever is needing to be brought into focus..there are the women God has been bringing over to my house for Bible study,the ones I'm praying for that have expressed a desire to come and study,pray and sing praises.So along with free guitar lessons that are easily shared and with a new(for me)12 string guitar,i've just last week gotten it's broken parts fixed,brand new strings,my cup is overflowing..what a treat..you have no idea what joy this brings me to be able to create worship songs with a guitar again. These new friendships which include much counsel and are solely focused on Jesus Christ ,The Holy Spirit and the will of the Father are all the fellowship I need..god will increas it as He wills...He is in charge of how and why I fellowship..He brings the lost right into my private courtyard,people just passing through the city..they just wander in,sit down to rest at my picnic table..suprising but true..all winter He brought severly troubled youth who were hiding from something they'd done..every week or so another would be lurking through the yard..and I would address them..being given knowledge of their wrongdoings..and with love ..but with strong warning would tell them of theior condition and the coming consequences for there sin..God said they had believeing parents and/or grandparents..I was told by these wanna be gangsters that yes it was true and they thanked me for my concern..looking so sheepish and busted!..I lept saying what am I doing Lord..I don't usually come off as a fire and brimstone toughy but seeing how it was appropriate and acurate I trusted God that they would not come back and take vengence out on us for daring to speak into their lives for the highest good. My neighbors have begun to open up to talking freely about their desire to be more focused on Jesus and some I am still praying for God to prepare their hearts so that I can be utilized as they might have need.They need Jesus.

A few believers,men that I was led to speak to for hours this week about Christ,who live nearby are wanting to come to a bible study at my house..but I am not certain how to arrange this timewise yet..one night could be made into a group of both the men and the women.i will meet with them individually until I get a clear picture of what God wants to do..I am talking about this with the ladies..they like their individual time with me best it seems...we talk about such deep personal issues to start with..what has been preventing them from actualizing a walk with God that is vitally alive with God's spirit...identifying strongholds from old wounds..understanding forgiveness and the need to draw deeply from it for them selves and for others..unforgivenes is the most common block in every believer I have ever met..it blocks you from being able to live the Life God has promised.

I have friends that I encourage from afar over the telephone,and through email..and a traveler's website site where folks get drawn to contact me,believers and internationally diverse unbelievers as well..God keeps it all in perfect harmony..I need alot of private time alone with God..He makes sure nothing gets in the way of this.

Well you asked..this is the news from the Sweet family homestead..signing off..blessing abound to you and your loved ones.

Destiny

P.S. Ginnyrose..you have always struck me as the kind of sister who might wonder where her quilting bee and the community barn raisings went.I know I always did..in fact I used to wonder if God had placed me somehow in the wrong century..I did not seem to fit into this one very well.He fits me in where I'm needed and this suits me just fine.

2008/4/10 1:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Ginnyrose..you have always struck me as the kind of sister who might wonder where her quilting bee and the community barn raisings went.

LOL!

You are right in one thing: I was raised in rural America, worked on the farm doing whatever needed to be done...want me to list the jobs that came my way? Think I'll refrain because this forum is not about [i]farming[/i] ;-) , but in any case we learned to take life as it comes, deal with it and not hold the government responsible for the weather!

And as far as quilting goes - makes me [i]wonder[/i] why on earth you mentioned THAT because it has only been in recent times that I have seriously got interested in it - don't like the quilting, but do the piecing. And this is not a quilting forum either...Yes, life gets very interesting once you have an empty nest and you get past 60...and it is essential you possess the ability to laugh because of the changes in your body...And I am downright pleased with my white hair! Lady! I have earned every last one and am to keep every one of them rooted in my scalp - if I can! :-)

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/4/10 8:58Profile
destinysweet

Re:

Dorcas and I have discussed the way God makes all things in our lives, when we walk with Him ever so closely, meaningful indeed..spiritually rich with meaning..just because something is of a temporal nature does not mean that there is no spiritual value in it. Remember Jesus used farming,planting,harvesting..the kneading of bread..little seeds..wineskins..fishing and the like to present His spiritual principles..I personally would have loved to hear about your tasks on the farm..and as far as the quilting bee goes..this speaks of the beauty of community..you enjoy the piecing..the creative shape&color coordinating(sp?)but my stepmom,an avid seamstress and quilter would be happy to have you hand the rest off to her..I'd possibly make a mess of it,comparatively speaking.The beauty of how we all differ in our talents,training and skillfullness speaks to me of the way we,of Christ's body, are to function as a team..teamwork...a holding of each one as esteemed ,each fulfilling a particular place in the body..everyone important to the whole..the work becomes less burdensome..a joy to do what you are best at..an easy yoke.

I,too,rejoice in my silver streaks..God has been gracious to allow the aging process it's own gracefulness..no dyes to maintain..a young woman at the bank came up to me yesterday and remarked how much she loved my hair..she was probably in her late 20's..I can't wait till my hair looks like that she proclaimed unabashed..all eyes on us..I told her not to be in such a hurry, she still had quite a ways to go.Once an old friend,who hadn't seen me for a few years as I was traveling and had been living across the sea,stood observing me critically after our hugs..So, you get your hair done now..that 's not natural,who does it for you? And me,Oh,my hairdresser? That would be the Father..great job..don't ya think!She would hardly believe me..started fingering it with a look of total denial on her pinched face..I just laughed and quickly changed the subject showing an interest in her life, she warmed right up.

The world is such a cruel and vicious place..love really does breakdown the walls people erect to protect themselves,the critical postures which are an evidence of bitter resentment trapped within due to unforgiveness.When we are free from these..we are used to set free others..this is such a joy for me..I always give thanks to God for Isaiah 61..and this being the first thing Jesus read in the temple..it speaks to me practically every day..like a simple recipe that always comes out right and is always so satisfying..just thinking about the meal takes you into a place where you imagine yourself in front of a warm crackling fire surrounded by loved ones,rejoicing in God's abundance.

When I think of abundance,I think of the fruit of the spirit..orchards of heavenly fruit,filling the lower 40(a farmer would recognize this)an abundance of love,joy,peace,patient long suffering out of which provides endurance and stamina,faithfulness,kindness,oh! the wondrous beauty of kindness!,gentleness,and self control.I am reminded often..if you have not, ask..running low? Ask,there is an abundant supply of the heavenly fruit..always available and generously supplied..simply ask and you will recieve.

Isaiah 61:The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because the Lord has annointed Me to preach Good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,

And there He stopped short..the day of the vengence of God was nigh but first the acceptable year...a time for salvation,a time for redemption,a time for healing ..of binding up broken hearts..opening blind eyes..spiritually blind as well as physically,a time for proclaiming freedom,sweet liberty to the captive souls and the releasing them from bondage..A time of mercy,a time of grace.

Preach was broken down this way for me afew years ago;

Prayerfully
Reach
Each
Aching
Child's
Heart

PREACH..the good news,great tidings..the gospel of Jesus Christ.
There are children of all ages..we all have the opportunity to become children of God..we are given God's great compassionate heart of mercy,as much of it as we can bear..it is so mighty when we are surrendered to His Will..it is His will and great pleasure to give us the kingdom..we delight in bringing what we have and offering it to others.This love is so great that if we don't get an opportunity to spill it out over others we might to burst from it..and God provides richly for these opportunities when we have our hearts set upon Him.He brings them to us..draws them to Christ in us,because we lift Him up as Lord and King..we are entrusted with their souls.
Treat them as individuals,He counsels..each with a different way to be reached..with this great news..they could be free!Jesus has been provided in His Sacrifice is the way to salvation..His merciful love will save them! Their wounds tenderly cleansed and bound up in order to heal..so they could forgive..that they might be forgiven.Many who have heard the Gospel and believed on the Lord..still do not understand the Truth in regards to the kingdom of God. Gospel means truth..the Spirit of truth,which is Christ Jesus..is full of the fruit..with out the fruitfullness of the life of Christ..the Anointed One..Him being the ME,Capital M,Me,dwelling richly within through the promised infilling of the Holy Spirit..we are only me,lower case m..unable to reach these broken hearted ones with any real anointing ouside of Him..Jesus is the Anointing..it is Him whom God has anointed for this work..the more we are full of Him, the more fruitful we become in being a part of fulfilling His work..it is His work as I see it..because without Him I can do nothing of any real value.However when I am full of the Holy Spirit..I can do all things necessary to get the job done..I'm equipped for the Divine Commission and wherever I go..no matter what I am doing there is an opportunity..an open door to fulfil the will of God..so exciting!

What an honor to be entrusted with such an amazing Gift as the Gospel truly is! Jesus the greatest Gift of all gifts..and a whole planet of wounded,empty,aching souls..just waiting to be rescued from their captivity..whether they know it or not..we find that they,for the most part, certainly do know it and are so much more open to know the real Jesus..He is so irresistable! When we are available to God for the true work of the kingdom,the yoke of Christ rests easy upon our shoulders..it is a joy to be employed by God in this manner..He has already gone before us to prepare the hearts of the ones whom He is drawing to Himself so He can reveal,show them,Jesus,His Beloved Son.What compassion and love God has for the lost..whether they be completely ignorant of the life of God within, never knowing Jesus or longtime churchgoers bound in their sin..don't forget the estranged sheep who could no longer bear the hypocrisy and compromise and fled the congregations in the buildings,still loving God but feeling a deep sense of loss in not having the rest of the body to interact with, longing for true fellowship,praying for God to provide.These can be found easily when we are sent of God.We are to be gathering together,and it is no little thing to be gathering the outcasts.God has a special interest in the outcasts,remember?

The fervent love that God has for us all,is ours for the asking.The fruit hangs heavy on the bough..will we come and harvest the fruit of heaven so we can be useful in the harvest of souls?It is my prayer that we will all say,YES!

2008/4/10 16:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
And as far as quilting goes - makes me wonder why on earth you mentioned THAT because it has only been in recent times that I have seriously got interested in it - don't like the quilting, but do the piecing.

My four girls and I quilt, knit and crochet together. :-) It's a great way to have fellowship. My husband coaches my son's baseball team and we knit together while their playing baseball.

2008/4/10 17:49
destinysweet

Re:

Baseball teaches teamwork too..I once had a dream about my youngest son..it was on a baseball field with players milling around in preparation for the game..the 'Coach' came up to me and said,the both of us looking at my then very young son..Don't worry about him..he'll be a team player..just keep telling him what he needs to hear..and use repetition,tell him again and again,he will eventually get it..really..he will become a team player.
This coming back as it has over the last few months has been a real encouragement to me..he is now nearly 18.He has one foot out the door..eager to get his own place..he spends more time at work and his pals than he does at home.He's my third son so I am familiar with the process a young man goes through when he is reaching this place in his growth and developement.My hope is that he will still come home often to enjoy the warm atmosphere his sister and I provide..he'll miss us.I'll keep reminding him of the things that are the most important not to lose sight of and simply have to entrust him to God as I have his brothers before him.

Wow! four girls..that is so great!What a happy scene..you girls all happily knitting away while the boys expend some of that seemingly endless supply of kinetic energy.

2008/4/10 20:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
Wow! four girls..that is so great!What a happy scene..you girls all happily knitting away while the boys expend some of that seemingly endless supply of kinetic energy.

Yea, we have a great time. :-) We talk alot.

2008/4/10 20:43

Re:

Quote:

destinysweet wrote:
Baseball teaches teamwork too..I once had a dream about my youngest son..it was on a baseball field with players milling around in preparation for the game..the 'Coach' came up to me and said,the both of us looking at my then very young son..Don't worry about him..he'll be a team player..just keep telling him what he needs to hear..and use repetition,tell him again and again,he will eventually get it..really..he will become a team player.
This coming back as it has over the last few months has been a real encouragement to me..he is now nearly 18.He has one foot out the door..eager to get his own place..he spends more time at work and his pals than he does at home.He's my third son so I am familiar with the process a young man goes through when he is reaching this place in his growth and developement.My hope is that he will still come home often to enjoy the warm atmosphere his sister and I provide..he'll miss us.I'll keep reminding him of the things that are the most important not to lose sight of and simply have to entrust him to God as I have his brothers before him.

Three boys! What a blessing. My oldest is 15 and she is eager to drive. This is making me into a real prayer warrior. :-)

2008/4/10 23:32
destinysweet

Re:

Oh Boy! Consider me on the prayer team!

My girl once took my Bronco II,dear old Becky long taken out to pasture out for a spin at 14..Yep a little joy ride...Got into a fender bender with some poor unsuspecting driver..no real damage at all..but she was pretty shook up..said she knew the Lord had told her not to go..lesson one. Then later when her dad bought her a little Miata convertible,but she hadn't got her license or registration,something yet..2 years later..she took it down to Santa Fe because of some last minute shopping for a gown for the homecoming court she was voted into..ok..understandable..gotta have the right gown.Santa Fe was only 45 min away..thought she'd never be missed,got a ticket for speeding and a flat tire..bought all new tires to try and hide the fact that she had taken the car without permission..time went by and she never took care of the ticket..2 yrs and she is 18,driving (licensed)and gets pulled over..and taken to jail for an outstanding warrant from the time before.

A whole week in jail without bail,and no phone call either! When she got out she called to say what had happened,Saying how her sin had found her out but couldn't go into much detail as she had to get to work. I stayed up that night, I remember, praying late into the morning and began to pray for her..sometimes when I pray for others I speak to them...like I'm speaking to their spirit by the spirit..it just happens,sometimes..I asked her,So honey tell me what you learned in jail.First thing in the morning when the sun was up, she rang me..Mom! I wanted to tell you what I learned in jail..it was so amazing!

She went on to say how when you are in jail you are a criminal,just like everyone else,because you broke the law and now you have to pay for your crime.After a few days, she realized while she might usually have nice clothes,an expensive haircut and french manicured toenails..when you were in jail none of this means anything..because everyone is wearing an orange jumpsuit..and you can't even get the tiny plastic comb through your hair so it's a mess..your polish soon gets chipped,you smell like you need a shower,cause you don't get them very often..and you are still a criminal the same as everyone else,no matter what they are in there for. She got to talking with some of the girls who were in the common cell with her..young women with such sad stories..brutal upbringings..terrible lifestyles..it was such a reality check for her ..she had not hardly suffered a thing compared with all these poor victimized youngsters..her life was so easy...said she repented of having judged her father for his outbursts of frustration at her past antics,suddenly being given a clearer view of discipline and why parents can lose it.She remembered how she had decieved hin by taking the car so she could get her gown and that she now was paying for her deception..it had all caught up with her.

She is gregarious,warm and friendly..somewhat of an entertainer,funny and dynamic so she began to share stories from my life in Christ...the girls began to respond in earnest asking her questions..going deeper into their own responsibility to get right with God..they were talking about God's love..and Jesus in particular..and she was struck with the fact that she had started out so proud when they all started sharing because she was a 'Christian',was attending a popular church in the city where she goes to college,(where we live together now). While she was sharing..it suddenly occured to her that she didn't really know Jesus herself..He was really her Momma's Jesus but not really her own yet..it sobered her immensely.She realized that just like they all had on orange jumpsuits..and were criminals,they all did not have a deeply personal relationship with Jesus either.Imagine that!

Wow! and we worry about our children when we can't be there to protect them at all times. I was pretty much taken out of the picture for approx.5yrs during what I thought was such a crucial time in their lives,I worried,who was going to teach them about you,God? I will..He said..But they will suffer without me..and He said Don't try to prevent your children from ever having to suffer..if you overprotect them,they will be useless for my kingdom,they will be spoiled and I won't be able to use them..convinced I released them and for the most part trusted God to take good care of them..occaisionally grieving over the loss of my motherhood,wishing I could be there for them up close instead of far away praying for them..but God would stop me..promising..Your motherhood is not over silly..trust Me..it is only for a time..you will be reunited with them! Last year the door opened wide and I stepped back into my much beloved role as Mom!God is so faithful!

Of course,now it occurs to me..If I hadn't been hundreds of miles away and she had been able to reach me..I'd have rushed to her aid..using my influence to get her out of jail.totally undermining the work that God had designed to rescue her soul.The problem with having a mom who's life story is heavily sprinkled with drantic and very real events that are for the most part a rare enough occurance..let alone to be all in one life..and I do not know how to say this more humbly and still get the point across..She was always tempted to compare herself with me...and when children are small they are such a part of you that they don't really see themselves as seperate unless you are gone..then they are left with themselves,especially if dad is distant and aloof. As Corrie ten Boom says,God has no grandchildren..so we know that at a certain point..when they become accountable to God..He will be leading them to the place where they suddenly see, Mom's salvation isn't enough,they must make a decision to obey God..they feel their own need for Jesus.

With me,I was out on my own early,my adventures were wrought with danger, very life threatening..God had a plan for my life and He was not going to let Satan interfere..His mercy was going to prevail..and so my early walk towards a total committment to God in Christ was dramatic..full of exciting tales of God's protection, great love ,patience and mercy.

All through her upbringing,she lived listening to me talk about Jesus..evangelizing everyone in my path...at 7 yrs old she began to compare herself to me and certain she was going to hell because she wasn't as 'good' a christian..she couldn't hear God's voice like Mom..oh oh! What to do about this? and so I would calmly tell her that she was such a little girl still..she didn't even know what the whole Bible said and much more about the dangerous responsibility yada yada..I could see I wasn't getting through..Even when I told her of all the ways I'd fallen short..and had to learn obediance..be disciplined by God himself so I could learn to walk by His spirit and not my flesh..nothing was sinking in..finally I simply said and repeated over the yrs ..not everyone is given the same type of experiences in life,besides you really wouldn't want mine,trust me..not everyone has the same gifts..you are not me and you may never hear God's voice the way I do..but hearing His voice is only a gift,and a wonderful one at that..but it does not mean I am better than you..everyone is gifted in one way or another,and gifts are unearned and do not make for godly character..this takes obediance..when you grow into your relationship with Jesus Himself you will not be concerned about being like me or be focused on your giftedness(hopefully)..you will desire only to be like Him. And so now,as she is drawn deeper and closer into her relationship with Christ Jesus Himself..she has been learning..not just hearing but not understanding..but actually learning ..it is obediance that God desires from us..this is the first way we have to say I love you to our Father God!

Oh yes..and there always consequences for disobediance..let's not forget that!

May(all)your daughter's driving lessons not be more difficult than what she learns from her driver's Ed classes and we give thanks to God who is a shield about her..protecting her from bodily injury..from other driver's mistakes..thank you Lord that we can place our trust in You!

2008/4/11 2:57Profile

Re:

Quote:

destinysweet wrote:
Got into a fender bender with some poor unsuspecting driver..no real damage at all..but she was pretty shook up..said she knew the Lord had told her not to go..lesson one.

And we think sometimes our kids can't hear God's voice. ;-)

Quote:
A whole week in jail without bail,and no phone call either!

It's probably good in a way that you didn't know she was in jail because you would have been worying about her. I can see the Lord in that.:)

Quote:
First thing in the morning when the sun was up, she rang me..Mom! I wanted to tell you what I learned in jail..it was so amazing!She went on to say how when you are in jail you are a criminal,just like everyone else,because you broke the law and now you have to pay for your crime.After a few days, she realized while she might usually have nice clothes,an expensive haircut and french manicured toenails..when you were in jail none of this means anything..because everyone is wearing an orange jumpsuit..and you can't even get the tiny plastic comb through your hair so it's a mess..your polish soon gets chipped,you smell like you need a shower,cause you don't get them very often..and you are still a criminal the same as everyone else,no matter what they are in there for. She got to talking with some of the girls who were in the common cell with her..young women with such sad stories..brutal upbringings..terrible lifestyles..it was such a reality check for her ..she had not hardly suffered a thing compared with all these poor victimized youngsters..her life was so easy...said she repented of having judged her father for his outbursts of frustration at her past antics,suddenly being given a clearer view of discipline and why parents can lose it.She remembered how she had decieved hin by taking the car so she could get her gown and that she now was paying for her deception..it had all caught up with her.

That is amazing! Praise God!

Quote:
Wow! and we worry about our children when we can't be there to protect them at all times. I was pretty much taken out of the picture for approx.5yrs during what I thought was such a crucial time in their lives,I worried,who was going to teach them about you,God? I will..He said..But they will suffer without me..and He said Don't try to prevent your children from ever having to suffer..if you overprotect them,they will be useless for my kingdom,they will be spoiled and I won't be able to use them..convinced I released them and for the most part trusted God to take good care of them..occaisionally grieving over the loss of my motherhood,wishing I could be there for them up close instead of far away praying for them..but God would stop me..promising..Your motherhood is not over silly..trust Me..it is only for a time..you will be reunited with them! Last year the door opened wide and I stepped back into my much beloved role as Mom!God is so faithful!

Thanks, that really spoke to me. I am definately entering that period where I totally have to trust God with my children or should I say teenagers.

Quote:
Of course,now it occurs to me..If I hadn't been hundreds of miles away and she had been able to reach me..I'd have rushed to her aid..using my influence to get her out of jail.totally undermining the work that God had designed to rescue her soul.

Yep, that's me alright.I probably would have done the same thing. That's probably why the Lord did not allow you to find out she was in jail till a week later I'm sure. He knows our weaknesses.I would have bailed her out too.

Quote:
With me,I was out on my own early,my adventures were wrought with danger, very life threatening.

I wasn't saved till I was 21 years old. Been there and done that.I don't talk about my past to my kids because I don't want to put ideas in their head. I don't think it would be a wise thing for me to do.

Quote:
All through her upbringing,she lived listening to me talk about Jesus..evangelizing everyone in my path...at 7 yrs old she began to compare herself to me and certain she was going to hell because she wasn't as 'good' a christian..she couldn't hear God's voice like Mom..oh oh!

Yea, I'm trying to encourage the giftings God has given my children. We hand out tracks together but I don't ever push them into doing things they don't feel led to do. I enjoy open air preaching but I would never push them into doing that. Lately I have had to slow down alot because of other priorities and different areas of ministry where God is leading me.

Thanks for sharing that. :-) That was very encouraging to me.

2008/4/11 7:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy