Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

[b]All[/b]

To Him I owe

Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save
the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Phi 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Heb 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Whew! ...and still omitted a couple hundred.

2004/6/17 18:48Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Isaiah 53:6. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

2004/6/17 19:35Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: Your thoughts on true Christianity

Hello Lazarus

John14:4 does it for me.

"And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know."

James

2004/6/17 20:31Profile
Bub

San Diego, CA

Re:

2 Corinthians 13:14- "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen."

2004/6/17 21:08Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

1 Peter 3:18
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Read this sentance over and over again and highlight the following words in sequence each time you read it:

Christ
once
suffered
sins
just
unjust
he
us
God
death
flesh
quickened
Spirit

2004/6/18 5:30Profile

Re:

True Christianity is the Death and Burial and Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

True Christianity is walking in humblew obedience to the Spirit of Grace within.

True Christianity is seeking the face of God in prayer and in fasting and desiring to be in His Presence at all times regardless of the cost.

True Christianity is not being afraid of speaking up for the Truth as revealed in Scripture regardless of those that would gainsay and naysay, and being able to expose all falsehood and evil among the camp of the righteous, regardless of who says what.

True Christianity is feeding the poor and clothing the naked as a LIFESYLE; note that in Mattew 25 Christ condemned the goats NOT for false doctrine but for not helping the needy; Christianity is pure religion.

True Christianity is Christ in me, the Hope of Glory.

Pastor D

2004/6/18 10:45
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

See, that is why I love this site. I think you're all right.

My one word would be: Obediance.

My one sentence would be: complete surrender, total sacrifice, and joyful service to the Lordship of Christ.

2004/6/18 13:43Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Great thread!!!!

Hello everyone

You people stir me up everyday; I really enjoyed reading those posts. I was listening to the revival hymn last night and something that Mr. Ravenhill said stood out to me: “the world out there is not waiting for a new definition of Christianity; it is waiting for a new demonstration of Christianity!”

I am not attacking anyone, because I too put up my post of what I think Christianity is but that spoke to me so clearly that I was compelled to share it with my Christian family. I still hope to see some posts on this thread, as I am learning everyday

James

2004/6/18 13:58Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re: Great thread!!!!

As usual, Mr Ravenhill is absolutely right. :)

I hope that we're not trying to come up with a new definition of Christian,[i]to give to the world[/i], in this thread but rather I just wanted to see how other Christians define Christianity.

I was reading Charles Finneys lectures on Revival about two days ago and found two quote I thought was perfect for this thread. "What is Christianity? Obedience to God's law." pg 198, The Necessity and Effect of Union.

And also:
"True Christianity is obedience to God, the voluntary submission to the heart of God's will." 255, Teaching Young Converts Part 2

2004/6/21 13:19Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent." John 17:3

In one word, 'ginosko' or 'to know'...everything else flows from that.

2004/6/25 0:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy