SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Canada orders ministry by Christians Shut Down

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Parents Spanking children in Ontario

My memory is trying to recall an incident that occurred a few years ago in Ontario. There was a church - was it Church of God? not sure - but anyhow, the parents in the church got in trouble with the civil authorities because they believed in corporal punishment for their children. Do you know what has happened in that situation? Have not heard anything about it in a long time...

ginnyrose

2008/4/1 23:11Profile
repentcanada

Re:

I am not sure of that situation Ginnyrose, though I have heard of it.

As well, I meant to write earlier that one of the arrests I had took place when I was just talking to some people on the street here in Edmonton, Alberta - I was not even open air preaching. As well another brother was threatened with arrest for doing the same thing just this past Saturday night. I have heard that Mark Cahill was threatened with arrest 8 times within one year for doing the same thing on the streets of Atlanta.

What I don't understand is this: why is there all the urgency to do overseas missions work to reach people with the Gospel yet we are so complacent here in our own countries? Are lost souls in Canada and America not dying and going to Hell just as those in China and India are? Those that have comments on what I just said please state them here in this thread.

2008/4/2 6:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I have heard that Mark Cahill was threatened with arrest 8 times within one year for doing the same thing on the streets of Atlanta.

This does not surprise me.

Have you heard of Jesse Morrell? He is a street evangelist who used to come here on SI. I get his emails detailing his work, where he was and what he is doing presently. His experience parallels yours in being restricted, having to acquire permissions to speak except for one thing: he does speak out forcibly against perversions. And you can guess how well that is received!

Quote:
What I don't understand is this: why is there all the urgency to do overseas missions work to reach people with the Gospel yet we are so complacent here in our own countries? Are lost souls in Canada and America not dying and going to Hell just as those in China and India are?

Brother, the situation here in the Southern States is that the people have become so Gospel hardened it ain't funny. In the south - which is known as the Bible Belt - most kids have gone to church and have abandoned it once they go to college. They know the Gospel message but have chosen to walk away from it. (This is my observation from counseling at a CPC for 15 years). You talk, plead, pray with these folks ...do everything legally and spiritualy possible but to no avail. They are so comfortable in their sins and have no motivation to change. Government and church programs come along to cushion their fall and make things a whole lot more comfortable. But it is not so in countries where the poor are really poor and know they need help and will welcome them. There you see the Spirit work and people being changed.

Then there is also the novelty of going to a foreign land to minister which does not exist in home missions.

Brother, the task set before you is a very difficult one but with God's enabling grace you must be faithful. Just remember results are not your responsibility; obedience is. And do not count "heads"; it will either inflate your ego or crush your spirit and both are equally dangerous.

My observations....

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/4/17 11:08Profile

Re: Canada orders ministry by Christians Shut Down

I'm sure the Canadian government will not read the Koran and consider what the teaching is, and find that it teaches to kill all Jewish and Christian people. That would be discriminatory right. Christian people are the only people who preach and teach, freely come and freely receive. This thing the Canadian goverment did sounds a little ANTI-CHRIST-IAN to me. Has he been revealed?

I only have one vote in this process in choosing the people who make these type decisions, as we all do who live in a free nation. You can bet the people that make these type decisions are elected by deceived voters who say, " someones relationship with the Lord has nothing to do with their ability to govern and they also scoff "Christian Patriotism".

2008/4/17 11:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy