SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
paula4jc

GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

I was angry with my people
and desecrated my inheritance;
I gave them into your hand,
and you showed them no mercy.
Even on the aged
you laid a very heavy yoke.

You said, 'I will continue forever—
the eternal queen!'
But you did not consider these things
or reflect on what might happen.

"Now then, listen, you wanton creature,
lounging in your security
and saying to yourself,
'I am, and there is none besides me.
I will never be a widow
or suffer the loss of children.'

You have trusted in your wickedness
and have said, 'No one sees me.'
Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you
when you say to yourself,
'I am, and there is none besides me.'

Disaster will come upon you,
and you will not know how to conjure it away.
A calamity will fall upon you
that you cannot ward off with a ransom;
a catastrophe you cannot foresee
will suddenly come upon you.

"Keep on, then, with your magic spells
and with your many sorceries,
which you have labored at since childhood.
Perhaps you will succeed,
perhaps you will cause terror.

All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward,
those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you.

That is all they can do for you—
these you have labored with
and trafficked with since childhood.
Each of them goes on in his error;
there is not one that can save you.

I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.

2008/3/28 17:35Profile

Re: GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

God's Word speaks much about spiritual adultery which is the definition of a spirtual prostitution. The lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Hear this a recent comment by an American in his recent book who by the way is revered by many as an answer to all problems. You be the judge of whether this statement is related to spiritual adultery and whoredom. I have already drawn my opinion.
quote from the book.
"We are no longer just a Christian nation," "We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."
Saying this crosses the line in having theological viewpoints is an understatement in my opinion. It is whoredom.

2008/4/10 13:02

Re: Whoredom:

Moe mac: Is the person who wrote the book claiming to be a Christian leader? Is the Person who wrote the statement proposing this statement as an assessment of the spiritual state of America?

If he is a Christian leader, suggesting that Christians should yield, in an ecumenical way, to accept these Beliefs in denial of Jesus of Nazareth as being the one and only path to the Father, then absolutely he is part of the antichrist spirit.

However, if he is a Believer in Christ Jesus, and is simply assessing the sad state of affairs pertaining to the purity of the gospel in America as a whole, he is not that far off. We have become the home of every unclean bird, and in the balances, who could say with a strait face that America is a Christian nation? How about the voices of FIFTY MILLION innocents whose life blood was spilled here crying out?
God bless America? Whose God?

We have not repented, and will not.

2008/4/10 17:49

Re:

He professes to be a Christian and is a member of a church that has been on many news stories recently. He said in an news interview that he is a Christian and prays to Jesus every night but he believes many good moral people will go to heaven, who do not profess Christ as Lord and Savior. As I said he has a great following and is highly respected as the hope of the American by many. What are they thinking?

2008/4/10 18:05

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy