SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  the greatest evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

if anybody cares.

http://capwiz.com/fconl/issues/alert/?alertid=10949771

bub

2008/3/29 22:43
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Bubba,

I have been thinking about your concern, this issue all day while I was working on my plants - if nothing else it makes the time go faster. :-D

But seriously now, I am wondering how do you plan to go about convincing the government to back off from stocking nuclear weapons?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/4/2 20:56Profile

Re:

If it wasnt for the desperately wicked state of the human heart there would be no nuclear weapons, or war for that matter. Greg was right on with his answer. Until the heart is renewed by the power of the Holy Spirit there is no solution.

Also... I think the US should get rid of all nuclear weapons... actually, all weapons... just as soon as China, Russia, India, Iran etc give up there's.

Unfortunately, until they get rid of theirs, we need ours.

It's nice to dream of Utopia... but it will never happen in this world of sin and wickedness. 1969 is over... the peace/love/revoltion "movement" failed. Why? Because it denied God. They tried to change the world without the only One who could change it!

...and thats what Bono, Warren and all those others are trying to do. Their intentions are noble, but they deny the Power.

And I'm a little tired of everyone holding Bono up as a spiritual giant. He is not a born again, Spirit filled believer.

Krispy

2008/4/3 7:20
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
If it wasn't for the desperately wicked state of the human heart there would be no nuclear weapons, or war for that matter. Greg was right on with his answer. Until the heart is renewed by the power of the Holy Spirit there is no solution.

Krispy, did you listen to Sen. McCain's speech "I Detest War"? Your sentiments match his minus the spiritual rhetoric.

I still hope Bubba will come on and tell us what he had in mind, but he may not....however I would like to share something that came to me yesterday.

I personally know of two men who have ministered to government officials who believe in Biblical non-resistance and they had/have a very interesting ministry. It is not the kind that will get a lot of media notice. And perhaps I should not even name them?

The one, I will call Abe (now deceased), was a Mennonite preacher in PA who owned a farm and his wife had the gift of hospitality including the gift of cooking. Somehow, he made friends with the people at the United Nations building in NYC. He would regularly go there and in the process of things invite the people - foreigners - to his farm. They would come by the bus loads. Now remember, he was a preacher and had a love for people that was an extension of his love for the LORD Jesus.

Now the other one, who is still living - I will not say anything more because this is a public forum and I do not want to ruin things for him. But the point is the government consists of individuals who are going [i]somewhere[/i] and in my opinion one should focus on them, not the organization because after all God did ordain the government to keep law and order. But do they have to use nuclear weapons? Yes, I wish they would destroy them...

More food for thought...God talked to Amos, gave him messages for the people. Notice who God was angry with and why: (All scripture from NASB)
1. Damascus: Because they threashed Gilead with implements of iron. cha. 1:3
2. Gaza: Because they deported an entire population to deliver it up to Edom. Cha. 1:6.
3. Tyre: Because they deported an entire population to deliver it up to Edom and did not remember the covenant of brotherhood. v. 9
4. Edom: Because he pursued his brother with the sword, While he stifled his compassion; His anger also tore continually,and he maintained his fury forever.
5. Ammon: Because they ripped open the pregnant women of Gilead in order to enlarge their borders.v. 13
6. Moab: Because he burned the bones of the king of Edom to lime. 2:1.
7. Judah: Because they rejected the law of the LORD and have not kept His statutes; Their lies also have led them astray, Those after which their fathers walked.
8. Israel: Because they sell the righteous for money And the needy for a pair of sandals.... Also turn aside the way of the humble;And a man and his father resort to the same girl....On garments taken as pledges they stretch out beside every altar, And in the house of their God they drink the wine of those who have been fined. cha. 2:6-8. ALL NASB.

Now fast forward to the NT: John the Baptist: he challenged Herod because of an unlawful marriage which cost him his head. This was all done under the influence of the Holy Spirit. Later, soldiers asked Jesus for advice and he told them to be content with their wages and to do not violence to no man.

God sent warnings to heathen peoples about their destructive behaviours. It was about cruel acts of war they have done, their methodology, if you will. God was not pleased, hence his warnings about imminent destruction and why.

As I consider these scriptures, these messages all delivered by a prophet under the direction of God and later Jesus, I do see room in the scheme of things for people to sound the alarm about destructive behaviours BEFORE preaching to them about their need for a Saviour. Then there is 1Tim. 1:8: "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully." Perhaps this is where the challenge lies: how does one do this?

Personally, I can understand Bubba's concern about the use of the A-bomb. But I am more concerned about the practice of abortion. Now this is something people CAN do something about. And to date many more have been killed by it then the A-bomb ever did or likely will ever do. And this is happening in our cities (people from the rural areas go there to have the procedure done).

My understanding...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/4/3 9:36Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
But I am more concerned about the practice of abortion. Now this is something people CAN do something about. And to date many more have been killed by it then the A-bomb ever did or likely will ever do

Indeed, maybe we should all be thankful that Planned Parenthood doesn't have the bomb.

MC

2008/4/3 9:48Profile

Re:

Ginnyrose,

the link that i provided is one way to communicate with your representatives in Congress about your concerns for New nuclear weapons. Yes, even though the US has 10,000+ warheads, they are planning to build more of them. We (anti-nuclear activists) barely defeated renewed production facilities in New Mexico a few of years ago (in 2003.) Concerned citizens such as yourself made alot of noise and the pit facility remains closed. (Just think about how this would look, the US making new nuclear weapons while telling Iran and North Korea they cannot have them.)

The Bush Administration wanted to build two weapons: 1) an earth penetrator (also called a "bunker buster") to attack underground targets, and 2) a tactical, battlefield, "mini-nuke." They actually called these things "usable" nuclear weapons, because the others in stock are soooo big and destructive, and cannot be used without huge amounts of collateral damage.

So, it is possible to stop the government from making new nuclear weapons. this is a good first step towards their elimination, because as the arsenal ages, it becomes more and more unreliable. eventually, the military will try again to start up the nuclear weapons program.

We likely cannot get all of these weapons destroyed in the short run, but prepared and active citizens can make the world a safer place (for their fellowman.) And i believe this is what Christ would have us do.

bub

PS. i asked before, bt didn't hear back. what kind of tomatoes are you pruning in the middle of winter??

2008/4/3 10:37

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, did you listen to Sen. McCain's speech "I Detest War"? Your sentiments match his minus the spiritual rhetoric.

No, didnt hear it... but it's just common sense. No normal human being wants war. But America disarming is not practical and is not smart. Everyone wants to save lives around the world, but everyone expects the US to put it's citizens at risk. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that if we totally disarmed... it would take about 12 minutes for someone to nuke us.

No one else is going to disarm. Not Russia, not China, not Iran... and until that changes, America needs to have a nuclear arsonal. To think that we can change the world by buying it a Coke, singing a few U2 songs, and putting the flowers in the barrels of guns it niave and idiotic... and would get us all killed.

And regardless of what Bono and whoever else says... America is not the evil empire. If anyone thinks China is a Utopia, go live there and proclaim your faith in Christ publicly.

Krispy

2008/4/3 11:10

Re:

By the way... I'm no fan of McCain either. I'm no fan of 95% of the politicians out there, regardless of their party affiliation. I'm about as frustrated as I have ever been with our "choices" for President. I wouldnt give you a plug nickle for any of them.

Krispy

2008/4/3 11:22

Re:

Krispy,

i hope that you wouldn't advocate for renewed nuclear weapons testing and production. or production of the "neutron bomb."

frankly, if the U.S. went ahead and got rid of 99% of our nuclear arsenal, the few remaining would still be a very serious deterent to other countries. and we would be safer and save billions of US taxpayer dollars. (did you see the story about the navy plane landing in Texas with several live nucs on board that weren't supposed to be there? they cannot keep track of these things! and how that story got out is beyond me. who leaked THAT?!?)

if the US got rid of all of them, and told the world, would NK and Iran believe us???? and given the fact that even without nucs we could still bomb Iran or NK into the stone age, would they ever dare use a nuc against us??

bub

2008/4/3 11:35

Re:

Obviously there are some problems with our nuclear program. The fact is, Bubba, the world will not be nuked until such time as God sees fit to allow it to happen according to His prophetic time table.

So... I'm really not that worried about it. My faith is not in government, or man... not even Bono. My faith is in God. All I can do is tell as many people as I can about the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and that He died so that man could live.

And guess what, according to the Bible things are going to get worse for this old world, not better. No matter how hard you "kick against the pricks", things are going to get worse. Buckle up.

Krispy

2008/4/3 11:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy