Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

I Am Not Saved

Please pray

2008/3/20 3:26
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: I Am Not Saved

Praying brother, I dont know if you are or not saved, one thing i do know. God is able to save anyone who comes to him in repentance.

He is able to save to the uttermost.

2008/3/20 4:46Profile

Re:

Praying for you, brother.

"But [b]Christ[/b] being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 [b]How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"[/b]
Hebrews 9:11-13

Look to JESUS!

2008/3/20 9:25
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Praying brother.

2008/3/20 10:47Profile

Re: I Am Not Saved

Richard, perhaps it would be of your best interest to share with us exactly what is the trouble. I remember saying those words AFTER I gave my heart to the LORD because I lived under a cloud of condemnation and did not understand the fulness of the salvation message.

Perhaps you are in the same situation. Where you've fallen into some ugly sin that you feel terrible for committing, and the weight of condemnation is so much that you feel unsaved.

If that is the case, oh do I know what you mean by that, and many can share in the same experience. Your in good hands here, because we have many stories to tell.

But look up my friend and simply ask the LORD Jesus to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

God is your Father and He is not some ogre waiting behind a door ready to club you for doing wrong. Actually it's quite the opposite, Christ Jesus took all the clubbing on the cross for us in our stead that we might have a wonderful relationship with our heavenly Father.

God Bless, we love you with an everlasting love. ;-)

2008/3/20 11:51

Re:

Quote:
Richard, perhaps it would be of your best interest to share with us exactly what is the trouble.

I believe in God, but I do not know if I believe in God. I believe Christ died for my sins, but I do not know if I believe that Christ died for my sins. I believe that I have accepted His work on the cross so that I might be free from punishment, yet I do not know if I believe that I have accepted His work on the cross so that I might be free.

There are truly evil thoughts in my heart. I have never had peace about anything. I feel dead and cold. I have so many questions to ask of myself, that I cannot answer because I do not know. How will I ever know? Do I believe in God? Do I even love Him? Have I been forgiven? Will I ever love God? Will I ever understand?

I believe in God's sovereignty - if He does not accept someone as a son then He does not accept someone as a son. There is no discussion.

I will not rely on feelings and emotions to know if God has accepted me, if Christ is my Saviour, and yet I cannot weight myself up against His Word because I do not know the answers to the questions that it asks of me.

Just a drop in the ocean.

2008/3/20 12:54

Re:

Richard,

have you seen a doctor about your depression? if not, do so. many people suffer depression without knowing it and there is help available.

bub

2008/3/20 13:07
Here4Him

England

Re:

Dear Richard, take Ronyia's advice and

Quote:
Look to JESUS!

We can get too caught up in analysing ourselves and being all intropspective, i myself have got into much despair because of this, but it is not fruitful. We need to take a look at ourselves in self examination occasionally but we need to spend much more time looking at Jesus. As you focus on the cross of Jesus Christ and the wonderful finished work He accomplished for sinners there, faith will be quickened in your heart. Faith or assuarance will not come if you keep focusing on yourself. Look to Jesus Richard- see Him as the righteousness of repentant and trusting sinners. Fall into His kind and gracious arms. Jesus doesn't turn away genuine repentant seekers. Your very desire to be a Christian and to know that you know Jesus must have been quickened in you through Jesus Christ.

Can i encourage you with the words to a wonderful and favourite hymn of mine:

Come, ye sinners, poor and needy,
Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you,
Full of pity, love and power.

Refrain

I will arise and go to Jesus,
He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior,
O there are ten thousand charms.

Come, ye thirsty, come, and welcome,
God’s free bounty glorify;
True belief and true repentance,
Every grace that brings you nigh.

Refrain

Come, ye weary, heavy laden,
Lost and ruined by the fall;
If you tarry till you’re better,
You will never come at all.

Refrain

View Him prostrate in the garden;
On the ground your Maker lies.
On the bloody tree behold Him;
Sinner, will this not suffice?

Refrain

Lo! th’incarnate God ascended,
Pleads the merit of His blood:
Venture on Him, venture wholly,
Let no other trust intrude.

Refrain

Let not conscience make you linger,
Not of fitness fondly dream;
All the fitness He requireth
Is to feel your need of Him.

Refrain

2008/3/20 13:32Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
Richard,

have you seen a doctor about your depression? if not, do so. many people suffer depression without knowing it and there is help available.

bub

AND THE HELP COMES FROM JESUS!

2008/3/20 14:01Profile

Re:

yes, indeed Help does come from Jesus. but if a person is depressed, he may not be able to respond. personally, i have dealt with depression since about 10 yrs old. i take St John's wart everyday and, low and behold, it works. it's a gift from God!!

if i don't take it, my attitude goes through the floor, and i have no desire for worshipping, or praising God because the world seems sooooooooo hopeless. so i have some understanding of what Richard is going through. Been there, done that.

bub

2008/3/20 14:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy