SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : IS TRUTH NEGOTIABLE?, OR DOES IT THEN BECOME A LIE?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

IS TRUTH NEGOTIABLE?, OR DOES IT THEN BECOME A LIE?

DOES THE BIBLE, AND GOD, HAVE AN ALL OR NOTHING APPROACH TO TRUTH?, OR CAN WE PICK AND CHOOSE TRUTHS, AND APPLY THEM AS WE SEE THE NEED?, AND DOES THE TRUTH NEED TO ADAPT TO THE MODERN WORLD?....[SEE FORUM: CAN THE CHURCH ADAPT; BUBBA GUY].. I SEE THIS MODERNISM AS A MAJOR ENEMY, AND TEMPTATION TO THE BODY OF CHRIST, TO BE ACCEPTED IN THE WORLD, AND AN ENEMY TO THE PURITY OF THE FAITH. ON ONE HAND WE MUST FEARLESSLY OFFER THE TRUTH, WITH NO COMPROMISE, AND THE OTHER HOPE, THAT TOTAL SURRENDER,TO JESUS AS LORD OF HEAVEN AND EARTH IS THE ONLY LOGICAL AND WISE PATH TO LIVE, AND THE ONLY ONE HE WILL ACCEPT.................YET PICTURE YOURSELF AS A SEEKER, AS I ONCE WAS, AND YOU...UNTIL THE SPIRIT FELL ON YOU , AND YOU CRIED; BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD!....JESUS CRIED, "UNLESS YOU EAT MY FLESH, AND DRINK MY BLOOD, YOU HAVE NO LIFE IN YOU!", AND AT THAT, MANY WALKED WITH HIM NO MORE...TOTAL SURRENDER, CASTING DOWN EVERY THOUGHT AND INTENTION THAT WOULD EXALT IT'S SELF OVER HIS ABSOLUTE DOMINION...LIVING ON MERCY AS WATER AND FOOD, DEPICTED IN HIS AWFUL CRUCIFICTION, OVERCOMING BY HIS WILLFUL SACRIFICE............EATING HIS FLESH, AND DRINKING HIS BLOOD.............AND OFTEN THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH WOULD BY FAITH, RENEW THIS ABSOLUTE ADORING COMMITMENT, IN A COMMON UNION WITH SYMBOLLIC ELEMENTS....UNION WITH GOD, THROUGH MERCY, UNION WITH HIS BODY,,,,BECAUSE OF IT. MAYBE WE CAN ONLY SHOW IT,,,,LIVE IT, UNTIL HOLY POWER FLOWS THROUGH IT TO THE WORLD, AND THEN THERE WILL BE NO DENIAL.....TOM

2008/3/18 22:19

Re: IS TRUTH NEGOTIABLE?, OR DOES IT THEN BECOME A LIE?

Hi Brothertom,

Could I agree with the content of what you said?

But... just to let you know... gently... that in forums such as these, capital letters are regarded as the cyber-equivalent of .... 'shouting'... :-o . I hope you can receive this thought in the (quiet) spirit I offer it ;-)

There are three little boxes above the reply pane with [b]B[/b], [i]I[/i] and [u]U[/u] beside it, which will make the word you type in the window do everything you've ticked in the boxes. You can type whole sentences in there and the space will keep going. Then, use the 'Preview' button at the end of your post, to check that it looks the way you wanted it to, before hitting 'Submit'.

To get back to what you were saying... I don't believe that truth itself changes, but, I do believe that how Truth appears [i]in our understanding[/i] may change.

2008/3/18 23:20

Re:

Sorry about the capital letters as too agressive, but I haven't got the syntax down, and the continueum of paragraphs seem to bog down as I write, not being able to properly form my complete letter without it looking like an encyclopedia.....so I thought capital letters would be easier to read,,,thats all.

2008/3/18 23:59

Re: IS TRUTH NEGOTIABLE?, OR DOES IT THEN BECOME A LIE?

Hi Brothertom,

Thanks for receiving it so well.

Please don't be afraid to hit the enter key twice (or more), to get a clear line of white between paragraphs. Some people leave two or three or four lines, depending on how they want it to look. I'm sure you'll soon have it sussed.

:-)

2008/3/19 0:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy